SlideBelts - Belts Without Holes! (Belt Giveaway Too!)

SPY ZINGER

• SPY VIP

Few questions Zinger:

1. Who has this patent?  I notice quite a few companies have similar tech.  No different than other industries, and even this exact industry.  I mean people have started thousands of belt companies copying the hole technology.  But curious because it leads me to my second question.

2. What do they plan to do to differentiate themselves from the competitors with the exact same tech and design styles?  Seeing as this was the differentiator and now it is no longer.

3. What research was possibly done to show that people actually even wanted an easier way to put on a belt.  I have a couple of them and while they are nice, it doesn't save any time compared to conventional methods.

#TruthDigest

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't speak for Zinger, but what interests me here is that I find that I want more options than the holes allow in terms of sizing, because my belts are there not as decoration but to hold my pants up, because A.  I've lost a lot of weight and clothes fit funky and B. I'm not done yet, so I'm not buying new pants yet! :D

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 18.0 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ Hogan GS53 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W Hogan GS52 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 4I-AW @ Hogan Ft Worth
* 56 @ Cleveland RTX
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Snell MTB-X

Pretty cool concept, I like the idea of not having to add extra holes.  My only concern is how the end looks after I cut it.  I'd be pretty upset if I payed for the belt and screwed it up my cutting like a 3 year old.  

Either way, I'm bookmarking the site for the next time I decide to buy a belt.

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Thanks for the feedback guys. Mud, you stick in cut end into the buckle so it's not visible.

X,

Sent your questions to SlideBelts and they had this to say. Oh, and you've got some belts coming your way.

1. We currently have a patent pending on our buckle system. Our buckle locks/unlocks with the frame of the buckle as opposed to a trigger or latch. We are patent pending on our buckle (the frame) and we have even applied for a patent on the teeth on the back of the leather, but whether that is patentable I don't know as that system has been around for some time now, but I do know that nobody else out there has the same lock/unlock system that we use as all of our competitors use the trigger/latch system. I believe that our system without the trigger is much better, easier and better looking and because of the frame on our buckle it allows us to apply custom skins to the face of the buckle and have them look much better than if there was no frame to frame the skin. It would be easy to see the edges and for the edges to get caught and peeled up if no frame was there, but with a frame that does not happen.

2. We have a wider assortment of colors than our competitors and we are able to allow customers to customize their buckles and leathers by picking a certain leather and combining it with a certain buckle. We also have skins that we have designed with Skinit to further customize and personalize the buckle and we are in the works with Skinit to be able to design an on-line customizer where you can go on and create your own design or even upload a photo or design and have that on your belt buckle. However, in the end, I think what differentiates us from the others is the ease of use with our buckle. It really is an easier and better system than the others. We also have some things in the works with respect to coming out with different styles of leathers, different colors and even nylon versions that look fantastic.

3. I don't know that much research has been done to determine if people want a belt without holes or want a quicker way to put on/take off a belt. However, I do know that many of our customers wear nothing but a SlideBelt and don't even own traditional belts with holes anymore. I don't believe that it's a question of saving time, but rather a something that is easier and can literally be done with one hand. You also don't have the common problem of holes being worn down and looking tattered and torn or the problem of being between holes as one's weight goes up and down. Also, you can have one buckle, with a few different color leathers as all of our buckles are interchangeable with all of the leathers.

Posted Image

Nice write up Zinger, I wouldnt mind adding to the list of questions you got answered, I'm really interested in grabbing one of these belts at some stage because I'm really not a big fan of belt holes and having them wear. Do the slide belts have any protection against water and/or snow? would love to try and have a couple I can customise for when I go snowboarding as I have trouble with traditional belts in this regard. Over all, really love the concept

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Well, I ordered two (black and brown) yesterday...we'll see how they go.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Pretty cool concept, I like the idea of not having to add extra holes. My only concern is how the end looks after I cut it. I'd be pretty upset if I payed for the belt and screwed it up my cutting like a 3 year old.

Either way, I'm bookmarking the site for the next time I decide to buy a belt.

You cut the end that goes in the buckle. Just a square cut and it isn't visible when the buckle is clamped back on. Nothing to really mess up unless you cut it too short.

You cut the end that goes in the buckle. Just a square cut and it isn't visible when the buckle is clamped back on. Nothing to really mess up unless you cut it too short.

Correct, and even if you do they'll send a replacement.

Salmon, I'll check!

Posted Image

Salmon: The answer is that right now we don't, but we are working with a specialty company who is going to manufacture for us water proof belts that work with our buckle just like the leather does now. They will come in a ton of colors and we should have something in place within the next 3-6 months.

Posted Image

I love this style of belt, I've been wearing this style (no holes) for a while, I might have to look in to this slide belt, because all you can really find in this style is the web belt, but I like the look of the leather vs. The web style.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Salmon: The answer is that right now we don't, but we are working with a specialty company who is going to manufacture for us water proof belts that work with our buckle just like the leather does now. They will come in a ton of colors and we should have something in place within the next 3-6 months.

Beautiful, thank you for such a quick response :D

I'll keep an eye out and hopefully they will bring something out in time for the Aussie snow season :)

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

• 2 weeks later...

i, too have been wearing web belts, and like the idea of adjustability. these belts, however, look a damn sight better than the ones you pay 3 bucks for at the surplus store. good job, fellas!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

So far I'm liking the belts, they have pretty much taken over from my other belts now. I actually had to cut them 3" shorter than they recommend because I had a lot of "tail" at the end, which I don't like.

I think, if I hit it big in Vegas next week, I''ll buy the premium leather for them.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Love the belts and they are in my backyard. My son loves wearing this style of belt and his birthday is coming up so my first order may be for two....

Belts look great and so does the price!!!!!

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

The ever delightful, always beautiful, MyGolfSpy & Zinger fanatic, Crystal has picked a member at random for the SlideBelts giveaway.

Check her out on the Twitters! 

@MarshallVegas

10154595_526860310769029_1775117715_n.jpg

Oh, and the winner is:

fozcycle

*Please send me a PM with your email and address, and I will forward it to the good people of SlideBelts.

Posted Image

Woo Hoo!

And I need a new belt!

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.