Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Strength fitness program for Golfer.

Dear Golfers,
I am preparing to take my exam for certified fitness trainer, and one of my
tasks is to develop the 12-week training program for an avid 55 y.o
golfer, who trained mostly in an aerobic way.
I am planning to split this program into phases.
And I am considering making an accent to bodyweight workouts for the
initial,  basic strength phase.
Push ups, pull ups, exercises with stabilizing ball, squats, and more...
Exercises for core strength are very important too. How should I
corporate special exercises with rubber tube,

medicine ball, and stretching exercises for golf club moving and power

improving to bodyweight workouts in the next phase?
And the end phase workouts I am planning to develop contracting with weights but to focus on natural, for all body muscles and bones systems strength development. 50% to 80% one rep.maximum.

Heave wight, 5-6 rep.
As far as we need to escape muscular bulk, and to make an accent to
golf skills improvement.
I need your professional advice, how should I develop the sequence of
exercises, and to corporate  workouts with the medicine ball, rubbing
tube? Should I make one-day special golf exercise in a week, Or I can
make these exercises as warm out?
I really appreciate your professional advice.
Sincerely,
Alisbar.

I would start with bodyweight exercises like you said such as pushups, assisted pullups (since these are not easy for the average person), and situps. You can even use lighter weights as well as these bodyweight exercises. Once the client can do these exercises for multiple sets with ease, then move on to heavier weight and more challenging bodyweight exercises. You can research different exercises that will incorporate equipment such as the medicine ball and rubber tubing, it should be relatively easy to find.

Thanks a lot for your respond and advice.

(since these are not easy for the average person)

Client exercised regularly for the  past 8 years , thats why first phase aimed to restor optimal balance and preparing muscles ,ligaments and connective tissue.

In the second step phase I am planing to make an accent to core stability,amplitude.

Only third one supposed to workout  wiht heavy weight but fever rep.for full body strength approach.

But I am still in doubt how to incorporate those special; rubber tube, med ball and other special exercises for techniq development and flexibility. Warm out, end of set, or would be better for example make one day in addition in two days weekly for med,ball, tube and some aerobic workout?

How do you think?

Thanks againg for support.

You can use the med ball for weighted situps and other core exercises. You can use the rubber tubing for warming up or one thing you can do is to wrap the tubing around a pole and the client can work on rotation by gripping the tubing handles and rotating using their upper body and keeping the lower body quiet to work on flexibility and core. 

Not sure you're in the right place. This is a forum full of golfers, not professional fitness trainers. You're going to school for that. We would expect you to tell us what works, not the other way around.

Not sure you're in the right place. This is a forum full of golfers, not professional fitness trainers. You're going to school for that. We would expect you to tell us what works, not the other way around.

Agreed.  I wasn't going to post anything since it seemed like the poster is trying to use our information for his test or project or whatever it is.  I am a strength and conditioning coach and I know there are others on this board that are deep into fitness too.  If the person was truly serious about inquiring he/she would use spell check or proofread their post.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

LMAO, As you're one of the classiest Guys on the board and you thought this, I don't feel as bad thinkin it, lol. And hell, I may have double posted it, however my spelling, grammar and paragraphs are ok, right, LMAO?

And Dude, I'm just messin around with these guys, nothin against you, as you seem like a nice enough guy. A mite disorganized, though I'm presently in no position to talk ;). Although if you're really jammed for a program, Barnes & Noble has at least 3-5 golf specific books and they cover everything from yoga, to non-weights and bands to barbell/machine work outs, so you can take/combine those exercises and take it as yours. Hell, he'll never know.

Remember, act like you've been there before and for heaven's sake, act like ya belong. You'll be good to go.

And one thing with the ball. I was a little tipsy on dilaudid and got the urge to get physical and while doing throws against the wall, I became a might disoriented and my release was off and I sent the son of a b!tch into a nice framed print that my parents got me of a fairway shot of #13 green at Augusta. So make sure that, one, he's not buzzed, or two, he's in an exercise appropriate room, not the game room.

Other than that, you're good ta go :)

And Bro, I hope that the Kombi works out for you and the very best this season :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

My Best,

Richard

Thanks brother.  The Kombi is bagged and ready to go tomorrow for the first round.  Now, I use "round" loosely because I'm still recovering.  No scorecard, Forward tees and a good time had by all.  Have been rolling the kombi all winter and have it grooved.  Cannot wait to get it out there.  Even got a nice Poulter IJP PA us open putter cover for it.  (breast cancer one is on my wifes putter :)  Hope all is well my friend

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I am a strength and conditioning coach and I know there are others on this board that are deep into.... 

If the person was truly serious about inquiring he/she would use spell check or proofread their post.

@Trully serious@ wow!!!

Are you trully serious?

You are realy tough guys here. ;)

@Trully serious@ wow!!!

Are you trully serious?

You are realy tough guys here. ;)

No, this is an easy group to get along with. You're welcome to join in all you want too. But asking people here to do your homework for you is an unusual way to start.

No, this is an easy group to get along with. You're welcome to join in all you want too. But asking people here to do your homework for you is an unusual way to start.

I have done my homework already.

But you know, how can you call yourself  "an easy group to get along with" , when you personally not even read what my first post is about.

It was very simple, not homework, but  advise.

Dear Golfers,.........I need your professional advice,

and your first answer was:

Blade, on 30 Mar 2014 - 5:12 PM, said:

And that answer was enouhg for me. I did not respond to it.

So what do you want to tell me now? and what for?

I  apreciate to @GRANDMASTER SPY whiskey golffor his real advise.

You want tough?

Go post that first post over at WRX, LMAO

I see, but "tough" means quality of character not the way of positioning somebody' self on forums or chat.

And it means that anyone can know about himself much more to understand if he tough or if he doesnt, and what exactly that person understand on @tough@, and so on.

Now that video?

That was a good post, at least I found it amusing, though I'm easily amused, more so than some of the guys, lol :)

Have a great season,

My Best,

Richard

Its good to be more important,

but it is more important to be good.,... :)  or amused.

Have a great season too.

A nice beer I between 9 holes .. Burger .. And a bag of chips. All you need

Don't forget the snickers bar.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I want to apologize for my sarcasm.

I obviously misunderstood

I obviously misunderstood you words, and that's on me, not you.

I am sorry-

Regarding the other guys,

Me?

I run hot and cold, and I can be an @sshole, as I was probably

though Whiskey, Hulk & Blade

are not and along with being great guys, all three are very bright, articulate and accomplished golfers.

I know

however

my apologies for misunderstanding you-

Have a nice

week-end and enjoy the Masters :)

My Best,

Richard

You probably should care of your Master' ass, for you can keep it on the couch of a psychoanalyst and tell him all your slobber.

You will enjoy it much more.

You probably should care of your Master' ass, for you can keep it on the couch of a psychoanalyst and tell him all your slobber.

What the hell language are you even trying to type in? If that was a shot at RP then please let me be the first to not ask, but tell you to get the hell off these boards. He has more class in his pinky then 97% of the people in this world. If it wasn't a dig at him then I suggest you re-read your posts about 50 times and make sure they make sense before you hit the post button.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

You probably should care of your Master' ass, for you can keep it on the couch of a psychoanalyst and tell him all your slobber.

Really?..... Really?! THAT'S your response? Sounds like YOU need help! You need to be on someone's couch apparently. Wow!

Try this... drop this baloney in here and start an introduction thread and introduce yourself to everyone properly with a clean slate. You'll be welcome to join in any conversation. But this kind of nonsense is petty, childish and doesn't fly around here. Just start over.

I see nothing wrong with asking forum members for their input. In my field, we ask colleagues for their input almost daily.

You're not the first to get off on the wrong foot though. Sometimes tone is difficult to see in text, and we all get the wrong impression.

Good luck with your cert!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

• 2 months later...

if anyone's still interested in the originial post... as mentioned by others above, I think that bodyweight exercise can be great and no gym is needed.  I also like to use the resistance bands you can get at the store for like 20 bucks.  if you want to spend some dough, a TRX suspension training system is handy because you can do all sorts of exercises and its transportable, but it's not cheap.  I think specifically to golf, its important to do a lot of mobility work and core work.  if focusing on strength, say for your drive, a great exercise is overhead pullovers, which strengthen your back, lats, chest, and even triceps if you extend at the end.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward some are strong at the broken places."

- Hemingway

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I read the title of this post I was actually going to post something helpful seeing as I manage a gym, and am a certified personal trainer. After reading the thread however I can see this guy is a complete tool. If anyone needs fitness advice for golf oriented workouts feel free to message me but this guy taking a half @ssed shot at rp is just sad.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

When I read the title of this post I was actually going to post something helpful seeing as I manage a gym, and am a certified personal trainer. After reading the thread however I can see this guy is a complete tool. If anyone needs fitness advice for golf oriented workouts feel free to message me but this guy taking a half @ssed shot at rp is just sad.

I'll throw my hat into that ring. I'm short so I need a way to get my core back in shape because I can't generate the torque of a taller person .Another issue is I'm not a stick figure, I'm a stocky/broad kind of guy 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I'll throw my hat into that ring. I'm short so I need a way to get my core back in shape because I can't generate the torque of a taller person .Another issue is I'm not a stick figure, I'm a stocky/broad kind of guy 

Message me and I will see if I can't figure out something for you

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Archived