Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

xMassacrex's Setup!

Well guys. Here's the fun part! The place I get to show off all of my golf stuff to the people who actually know what I'm talking about! Haha.

So, without further ado...

Also, hope you guys notice my awesome green toed socks! Haha.

List of equipment:

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour Driver. Stock length/Shaft. Set to 9.5*

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3 Wood. Stock length/shaft. Standard Loft.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour 3H. Stock.

Mizuno MP-H4 4 iron. Dynalite XP. Stiff. -1/2 in. Standard lie.

Mizuno MP-59 5-PW. Dynalite XP. Stiff. -1/2 in. Standard.

Edel custom wedges. 52/56/60. DG Spinner shaft. 2* flat. -1/4 inch throughout. DVR grind on 52/56. DGR grind on 60. These wedges play 15/18/21* of bounce moving up by loft.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Select. 33". Counterbalanced with 50g above my hands and 50g 10" down the shaft.

All clubs gripped with Best Grips Microperfs in Black. Putter is gripped with a Grip One round midsized non-tapered grip.

List of accessories:

Mizuno Kuma Cart Bag

Titleist Logo Umbrella

AB Designs Classic Headcovers

Titleist Pro V1 Balls

Epoch S3 3 1/4 in. Tees

Mizuno Retroflex Glove

Leupold Gx-4i Rangefinder

Scotty Cameron Pivot Tool

Mizuno Japan Hat Clip/Marker

Various Poker Chips

I also wear FJ Project M spikeless shoes and Allen Edmonds golf spikes! Both pair are so comfy! Especially the AE's. If you've never tried them they mold to your feet. Fantastic.

Here's the full bag. I'll include some closeups as well.

image.jpg

Another shot... Sorry about the messy bed behind this picture.

image.jpg

Neat & Tidy.

image.jpg

These beauties! Love the new setup. Amazing feel. I love the compact head design even though the driver is still 460cc.

image.jpg

I have a crush on my Edel wedges... I would recommend these things to anyone. If you take golf seriously (which who on this forum DOESN'T) they are worth getting fit for.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My trusty Scotty. Custom Paintfill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just some extras.

image.jpg

All comments, opinions and thoughts are welcome! I can feel the ho itch coming on... But I'm pretty happy with my setup right now.

Although that Best Grips Tiffany Blue D putter grip sure looks sexy. Or a major leaguer or a MicroPerf. Haha.

Oh the options....

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

First off welcome to the forum. Nice equipment all the way around. You are correct in stating that you are in a place where people know about equipment and know golf. I also see by your ball markers you have been in my neck of the woods a few times

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Welcome, great bag, nice clubs!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I'm in the market for a new putter.  Did you get fitted for the Scotty Cameron putter?  If so, how do you find a Scotty Cameron fitter?

-Ping G25 Driver 9.5*, 1/2* closed face, Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grip

-Adams Idea Tec V4 Hybrid, 19*, Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grip

-TaylorMade Superfast Burner Hybrid, RE-AX 60, Stiff Shaft

-Titleist 714 AP1, True Temper XP95 S300 Shafts, 4-PW

-Titleist 714 AP1, True Temper XP95 S300 Shafts, 48* Wedge, bent to 50*

-Cleveland CG15 56* Wedge (old, but reliable)

-Hopkins Golf 62* Wedge, WIDE grind, Black Satin Finish

-TaylorMade Corza Ghost Putter, Center Shaft, SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 Grip

First off, Thanks to everyone for the compliments! I love my setup and am very happy with where it has taken me. Last year through swing changes and equipment upgrades i took over 30 (!) strokes off of my game! Yes, a lot of work and dedication went into it, and I'm nowhere near my peak but I'm improving!

STU, yes I have been! I just got back from a trip there recently. I'm from PA but have been to Myrtle Beach multiple times and took a trip with some friends for a 3 day trip. Played some BEAUTIFUL courses while we were there! Most of which being Grande Dunes which even though coming right out of a terrible winter it was in truly fantastic shape! There's some thoughts lurking for myself and my family that I may be relocating there in the future... So I may be even closer!

Kevin, In a round a bout way I was fit for my putter. Not to go off on a tangent here, but as you can see from my bag I game Edel wedges. One of the companies biggest strengths is their putter fitting. It's a very unique system and something I would HIGHLY recommend going through.

Basically the claim is that something like 90% of golfers can't aim their current gamer into the center of the cup from 10' away. So they line you up a preset distance from a hole, put a laser pointer in the center of it and a mirror on the face of your putter and a ball on the ground. The fitter will ask you to aim your putter to where you believe the center of the hole is and then to inform him. He then removes the ball and it reflects on a black screen to show where your alignment is off.

Then they go through a process of designing a putter that allows you to hit the center of the cup. For me I was one of a small percentage of golfers (Me? I felt special) who can aim their putter properly. So I was good there. As for speed control on the other hand, we ended up determining how to counter balance the putter to give me the correct control.

I highly recommend this for anyone looking into a putter. You may leave with an Edel putter, which are fantastic in a large number of ways, or you may like me leave with your current gamer and just tweak it to fit your style!

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Nice bag! i see you're also a fan of the color blue  :D

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Nice bag! i see you're also a fan of the color blue  :D

That MAY be an understatement. :)

It's better than the previous bag I had. All decked out in Oakland Raiders gear! Haha. I got sick of taking the beating at the course everytime I went out. Especially living in the heart of Steeler country!

Edit: Also Theo thank you for the compliment!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

First off, Thanks to everyone for the compliments! I love my setup and am very happy with where it has taken me. Last year through swing changes and equipment upgrades i took over 30 (!) strokes off of my game! Yes, a lot of work and dedication went into it, and I'm nowhere near my peak but I'm improving!

STU, yes I have been! I just got back from a trip there recently. I'm from PA but have been to Myrtle Beach multiple times and took a trip with some friends for a 3 day trip. Played some BEAUTIFUL courses while we were there! Most of which being Grande Dunes which even though coming right out of a terrible winter it was in truly fantastic shape! There's some thoughts lurking for myself and my family that I may be relocating there in the future... So I may be even closer!

Kevin, In a round a bout way I was fit for my putter. Not to go off on a tangent here, but as you can see from my bag I game Edel wedges. One of the companies biggest strengths is their putter fitting. It's a very unique system and something I would HIGHLY recommend going through.

Basically the claim is that something like 90% of golfers can't aim their current gamer into the center of the cup from 10' away. So they line you up a preset distance from a hole, put a laser pointer in the center of it and a mirror on the face of your putter and a ball on the ground. The fitter will ask you to aim your putter to where you believe the center of the hole is and then to inform him. He then removes the ball and it reflects on a black screen to show where your alignment is off.

Then they go through a process of designing a putter that allows you to hit the center of the cup. For me I was one of a small percentage of golfers (Me? I felt special) who can aim their putter properly. So I was good there. As for speed control on the other hand, we ended up determining how to counter balance the putter to give me the correct control.

I highly recommend this for anyone looking into a putter. You may leave with an Edel putter, which are fantastic in a large number of ways, or you may like me leave with your current gamer and just tweak it to fit your style!

Awesome.  Thanks or the feedback.  I'm definitely going to look in to it.

-Ping G25 Driver 9.5*, 1/2* closed face, Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grip

-Adams Idea Tec V4 Hybrid, 19*, Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Grip

-TaylorMade Superfast Burner Hybrid, RE-AX 60, Stiff Shaft

-Titleist 714 AP1, True Temper XP95 S300 Shafts, 4-PW

-Titleist 714 AP1, True Temper XP95 S300 Shafts, 48* Wedge, bent to 50*

-Cleveland CG15 56* Wedge (old, but reliable)

-Hopkins Golf 62* Wedge, WIDE grind, Black Satin Finish

-TaylorMade Corza Ghost Putter, Center Shaft, SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 Grip

It's better than the previous bag I had. All decked out in Oakland Raiders gear! Haha. I got sick of taking the beating at the course everytime I went out. Especially living in the heart of Steeler country!

As long as you don't add any yellow to it you'll be welcomed in buckeye country any day lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Awesome.  Thanks or the feedback.  I'm definitely going to look in to it.

Check some YouTube fitting sessions with the Edel putters. It's really pretty cool if you look into some of the techniques and the science that goes into it. And what's awesome is say you do the fitting and don't feel like dropping $400 on a putter you can find an odyssey or ping putter with the same styling and just have it customized to whatever length/lie/counterbalance you need! Although for the quality of their products I would definitely look into the Edel's if it's in the budget!

As long as you don't add any yellow to it you'll be welcomed in buckeye country any day lol

Happy to hear it! Believe me, the color yellow practically blinds me anymore. Seeing these terrible towels everywhere I lives burns my eyes! Haha. Sorry to any steeler fans out there! :) my man Pryor is a previous Buckeye, so I have nothing against Ohio State!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Your man Pryor wants to be traded

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rookie, I know. Which is sad because I do think the kid is talented. A little raw, sure. But with the right staff around him he could be pretty effective! I think it's best for both though, it lets him go somewhere that will embrace his playing style!

Funny how this evolved into a football discussion. Haha!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Really nice set and thanks for sharing.  In the welcome section I requested more details about how you got your wedges.

If you get around to replying, could you also give us some feedback on the microperf grips?  Do they weigh more than rubber/polymer grips and does that affect how swing weight and feedback

LOVE the head covers.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Really nice set and thanks for sharing.  In the welcome section I requested more details about how you got your wedges.

If you get around to replying, could you also give us some feedback on the microperf grips?  Do they weigh more than rubber/polymer grips and does that affect how swing weight and feedback

LOVE the head covers.

Okay. First off, thank you for the compliment on my head covers! I looked all over for the perfect set, and after hours of searching I found those puppies. Love them!

Let me break this down into two sections. I'll start with the grips as it should the shorter of two stories.

Best Grips Microperf

Basically these are hands down the best grips I've had an opportunity to use. Like most people I have felt different grips on display, and when I was considering regripping my current set I wasn't sure what to use. My head was swirling with SO many options. Golf Pride, Lamkin, Pure Grips to name a few, all swirled in my head as options. Then you consider the lines that each manufacturer offers!

Ultimately, I happened across some info on Zalbert's Best Grips, looked at the website and was intrigued and shot him an email. Truly, I was at the time resigned to buying a set from one of the three I have listed. To me at the time, the lower cost was a huge factor, as was something that had a name behind it.

Then Zach responded. He was very thorough, upfront, honest and passionate. He answered my questions and never pushed. But he stood behind his product. Somewhere along the line my baseball days crept into the back of my mind. 

How many people have picked up a baseball bat, that's been used by hundreds of people and it may be 5-10 years old, but the leather wrap is still perfectly fine?

That thought dug itself in and just really resonated with me. After thinking about it, battling back and forth over whether to get them or not, I pulled the trigger. The 30 day money back warranty is a HUGE advertising tool. Best Grips if you read this, that was a huge bonus for me! Being able to purchase on a semi trial basis was really helpful.

Now I have the grips installed and they've been through a few rounds, range sessions etc. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt these are fantastic! The weight of the grips are equal to a standard rubber grip, coming in somewhere around 54g and because of the feel the leather provides, gives you excellent feedback. Swing weight is not effected as long as you're moving from a similar weighted grip as I did. The responsiveness is truly second to none. Also, the security of the grip (the most important part) is really revolutionary to me. The tackiness from Protac, the feel of the leather, the familiarity really, and then the added bonus of having the Protac activate in wet conditions make it all the better.

I truly don't think you could find a rubber, polymer, multicompound, cord, cord/rubber hybrid, chamois grip or beyond that could hold it's own to the Best Grips product. When you then factor in that the buying cycle for these grips will typically only happen when you replace your irons, and that these don't break down over time but instead wear in and become more comfortable? No brainer. These have my full recommendation.

Edel Wedge Fitting/Review

This process was a bit of a shock for me. I'm going to be detailed here as I would like you and anyone who may read this to understand how the process went for me from my perspective.

Last golf season I went and bought a whole new set for myself. I was truly diving into the sport at that point and wanted to get quality clubs that fit my swing style and really would help me grow as a golfer. Which was something I accomplished! At some point towards the end of last season, or maybe during my fight with cabin fever over the winter I started to get uncomfortable with my setup. I realized that while I was properly fit for my irons (which happen to be the best part of my game) I wasn't properly fit for my wedges, woods or putter. Which bothered me. I felt I had untapped potential locked away from me because I didn't have the proper equipment to fit my game.

So the brooding began. I looked all over, patiently waiting for the Most Wanted Driver results, researching and researching and researching all of my options. Finally I happened across a website and a new approach to wedge fitting. This company would offer to kill two birds with one stone because if you do some reading you will find that Edel Golf is regarded as having some of the best wedge and putter fitting processes out there.

So, I decided I had to get fit for they're product to see what it's all about. I go to my local Golf Galaxy (the nearest certified Edel fitter and one of only 5 GG's in the country certified) which is still a two hour drive and see what this has in store for me.

Now at this point I have a 50/54/58 wedge setup. All Vokey's all mid bounce. This is what was recommended to me from my fitting for my irons. I hit them at the time, but didn't go through a detailed, fine tuned process. I just bought off the rack.

I hit my Vokeys well. I could argue they were the strongest or one of the strongest clubs I played. So part of me would have been fine getting fit, paying the $20-$30 for the experience and just keeping my Vokeys if need be. That definitely didn't happen!

So back to the story, I setup an appointment with GG for a fitting, and end up working with their local Edel Guru. Name is Mike, and if anyone is going to the Robinson Center GG in Pittsburgh he would be the ONLY person I would let fit me there. Definitely request him!

Mike and I start the process with some Q&A. He asks me about my wedge game, strengths and weaknesses, etc. He says the process is very simple. The first thing they are going to do, is take all of they available 60* wedges they offer, and he will hand them to me in a random order, I'll hit 3-5 shots and just continue through the list. the idea is I'm going to hit a 40 yard pitch shot, and I just need to replicate that as close as I can for each wedge. 

Now, he tells me before I swing a club at all a few things. One, that he will be able to dictate the exact grind and bounce I need somewhere in my first 2-3 shots period. He of course won't tell me, as part of the process is the Aha! moment where you naturally find the correct bounce. The argument is that each person has a natural angle of attack, effective bounce plays a role in allowing that person to find the correct contact with the ball and to not have to manipulate their current swing to hit a wedge properly. 

Honestly at this point, I'm skeptical. To me, there's no way he could know exactly what I need on so few shots. 

So he hands me the first club, I take a few practice swings and then hit the 3-5 shots necessary. Around the second shot he turns to my buddy and whispers something in his ear. I pay little attention and stick to what I'm doing. Mike keeps it very calm and cool, lets me hit my shots and then hands me another club, and asks me to repeat.

The only thing he asks is that I don't look at the bottom of the club, he wants this to be random. I oblige.

I hit 5 more, then 5 more and so on through four or five different wedges. They all felt good, but no different than my Vokey. So I'm still somewhat skeptical at this point.

Now part of the conversation I had with Mike before I started the fitting is about what happens when I find the correct club. He tells me what will happen is I won't hear a noise at all at impact, just a click off the face. Turf interaction will be optimal. he also says I will notice the ball will go noticeably higher up the net, and somewhere between 15-20 yards further. I instantly think of Redonkulong and start laughing. I think "here goes the marketing speak again".

So at this point there are two clubs left. He hesitates, and hands me one. I line up, take my 40 yard pitch swing, and crush the ball 3/4 up the net with a carry of 75 yards! I found this out AFTER I hit 3 shots all the same type and turn around and look at the launch monitor screen.

The club felt like butter. So smooth, so clean, and yet easy. I turn around and look at him and he says "feel anything different?" I respond with "I think I had my Aha! moment. Haha"

In the end I ended up with the Digger grind, 21* of bounce on a 60* lob wedge. This grind, bounce and lob combination is something you wouldn't have the option of buying from the Vokey custom shop. It's too unconventional. My 56 is 18* in the driver grind and the 52 is 15* in the driver grind. Unheard of.

Next comes the shaft fitting, hitting the assembled club and custom ordering and free stamping. 

The funny thing is, walking in there I would have guessed I had more of a sweeper style of swing, which would classify a really low bounce. But based on my AoA I fit into the highest bounce. Just an example of why the numbers don't lie, and preconceived notions are just that. 

The other design features of the wedges outside of the bounce and grins are the teardrop shape to allow the face to be square to target no matter how you position it. The thinner hosel that allows more workability, and more ease in opening the face and moving the grooves and sweet spot BACK to the middle of the face, rather than towards the heel.

Check out the website http://edelgolf.com/edel-golf-custom-wedges, and if it's available I would recommend to anyone in the market to go through this fitting. Worst case scenario you spend some money and keep what you have. Best case you get a tour level fitting and a club that completely fits your game and swing style.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Awesome write up.  Thanks for telling us the story of the wedge fitting.  Almost makes me want to drive to Pittsburgh.  I will check out the link.  My only concern is that wedges, for me at least, seem to wear out sooner than other clubs.  Custom wedges can be a lot of money for something you intend to replace anyway.  On the other hand, I bet most of us here replace a lot of clubs well before they are worn out, especially drivers and putters.

Thanks for the additional detail about the grips too.  I just got a couple of PURE DTX to try out.  I want to try to go gloveless on my irons but have concern about slippage on full swings, wet weather, & summer humidity.  If they aren't to my liking it looks like Best Grips will be the next thing I try.

Thanks for taking the time to give us the whole story.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Max,

Not an issue at all! I would rather tell my experiences and let someone learn from them and make more of an educated decision than to keep them to myself!

Here's one extra piece of information that might help you. In every sport I've ever played, I've worn a glove, batting gloves, football gloves, golf gloves for sure. I have always liked the extra grip it gives me, and the confidence it inspires from wearing something like that.

I can honestly say for the first time in my life I can consider not wearing a glove when I golf. The best grips are so tacky and have such a nice feel the them I really think one is unnecessary. That's the first time I can say that. And even with them being a tad firmer, they don't rip up my hands at all. Which is something I cannot say for a cord or rubber grip.

As for wear on the wedges as well as cost that's an excellent point. For the cast version of the wedges they are $175 a piece. That includes custom paintfill, stamping, the dg spinner shafts and so on. They offer a wide selection of no cost upgrade shafts as well as a few that have an additional fee.

To me, the extra $45 per wedge over say an SM5 for a club that is truly fit and customized to you, giving you the optimal bounce and grind is totally worth it!

Plus, worst case scenario you could always go through the fitting and say you're not a weirdo like me and there are other manufacturers that offer the bounce and grind you need, you could always just buy their brand and play those, I will say though, those Edel wedges are sweet and once you have that Aha! moment with them they will be your only wedge consideration.

Keep in mind the warranty that Best Grips offers, you could always buy a couple microperfs, use them, and if within 30 days they aren't to your liking you can send them back for a full refund. Makes it almost a no brainer!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Interesting what you said about sports gloves.  I also wore them for other sports but I don't putt or chip with one and recently discovered that my 1/4 - 3/4 swing pitches were better without one.  So, I want to see if I can improve feel and distance control for all my irons by ditching the glove.  Plus, like you I prefer the Mizuno Retroflex and they're hard to find locally.

Your comments regarding the wedges' cost make a valid point.  Customization and personalized fit cost extra but I've experienced the playing payoff for other clubs.  Why not the wedges?  The reason they wear out faster is because I hit them more frequently, so why would I want the clubs I use most (besides the putter) to not fit me?  That makes no sense.

What's in the Bag:

Exactly! Plus when you take into account that these wedges, like the vokeys are cast, they should still last a decent amount of time. That mentality and reasoning you just explained is exactly what led me to purchasing my Edel wedges.

And to know they are hand made and ground from a small shop here in the US just reinforced the idea. Seriously watch the how it's made video for the putter and the wedges. It's awesome.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Someone else asked the question that I wanted to but that is ok because I got an answer. when my clubfitting buddy built my new sticks last week the prototype test clubs had a Star brand wrap on it and were perfectly balanced. On my set he put the new golf pride Tour Wraps on them since they only weigh 50 grams. I am used to cord grips have played with them my whole life and this was a big change for me. I don't wear a glove when putting or on short shots and he suggested ditching the glove for my iron shots. With these grips what feel. I am a feel player have always been and those grips have enhanced the feel for me. In fact today it is raining in Biblical proportions here so I will probably change out the grips on my metal woods and wedges. My friend has always played some type of wrap grip ever since I have known him and has never worn a glove. I may be going the same route

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Stu,

What was your question? As for the glove thing, it's really just a personal preference thing! I love wearing a glove, but if you have an advantage without it then definitely take that!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I hear ya! I wear the gear and tell em' all to kiss my ***!...lol.

Oh believe me, I give more than my fair share of comments to the local steeler guys. Basically everyone in my area is a diehard!

Raiders till the end man!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Stu,

What was your question? As for the glove thing, it's really just a personal preference thing! I love wearing a glove, but if you have an advantage without it then definitely take that!

I was going to ask about you playing without a glove but someone else asked and you answered before I got a chance to ask but that's cool. I played Sunday gloveless and liked it but I will wait and see this summer because it gets humid as heck down here and I sweat like a prostitute in church

G

Archived