Sschaffer24

The Questions Some Are Afraid To Ask...

I might be missing something here...

But isn't there something that MGS could do to maybe hide the graphics instead of messing with getting a stripped down shaft? That would seem to be the easiest way to go about it.

I'm sure there is something they could do to have the covering not effect swing weight too much. Am I correct?

These are all assumptions, but they seem plausible!

I might be missing something here...

But isn't there something that MGS could do to maybe hide the graphics instead of messing with getting a stripped down shaft? That would seem to be the easiest way to go about it.

I'm sure there is something they could do to have the covering not effect swing weight too much. Am I correct?

These are all assumptions, but they seem plausible!

Shaft skins would be easy I suppose.  They're removable too.  Just get a bunch of black ones.

That's interesting. And I see where it could be extremely misleading for someone in my shoes. Someone who, before this conversation, would go into a store, want to get fit for a driver and hit the different offerings and form opinions. Just like anybody would.

The problem from the sounds of things is that those opinions will largely be invalid. Say I walk into a store today as your average consumer and hit a made for shaft in a Titleist driver. Let's say I really like it, and I go home and order the aftermarket shaft to throw in my 913. Now I have a different animal!

I can't believe that companies think that makes sense? I understand wanting to maximize profits and to streamline assembly in any ways you can, after all this is a business they're in.

Are there any companies who seem to do pretty well with offering the real deal shafts in their clubs? I'm just generally curious because up until now I had no clue! Haha.

All of the TaylorMade TP shafts are real deals.  Several other companies have real deal shafts as well, you just have to scrutinize them more and more.  Check it versus the aftermarket counterpart, most will have something different, whether color, weight, or say "made for" or "exclusively for" or some verbage like that.  

I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for that kind of stuff. I'm extremely interested now! Haha.

Rookie what are your thoughts on the new Speeder series of shafts? Are you familiar with them at all? I haven't had a chance to hit one, but I wanted to when I was being fit for my driver. They didn't have one anywhere for me to try.

I really like the Kuro Kage so far! I'm just so new to this shaft side of things I'm trying to get an idea of something comparable and something really different! Haha.

I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for that kind of stuff. I'm extremely interested now! Haha.

Rookie what are your thoughts on the new Speeder series of shafts? Are you familiar with them at all? I haven't had a chance to hit one, but I wanted to when I was being fit for my driver. They didn't have one anywhere for me to try.

I really like the Kuro Kage so far! I'm just so new to this shaft side of things I'm trying to get an idea of something comparable and something really different! Haha.

The only one I've hit so far is the Speeder 7.3 Tour Spec and I liked it, played a lot like the 757 I used to love.  A little higher launching than the original and felt a little smoother.

Man living in the sticks sure has it's downsides. The only time I have access to trying any new clubs or possibly shafts is to make a two hour preplanned drive! Kinda sucks. Haha.

Kuro Kage Silver or Black? The two are kind of opposite each other as far as bend profiles go.

Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60G S. It's the stock shaft in the covert 2.0 Tour.

I have a Silver in my hybrid and love it. It's not the TiNi though. The Silver is a stiff tip, softer butt and mid-section for a lower launch and spin. The Black is the opposite, stiffer butt section and softer tip for more launch and spin.

Is the softer butt and mid section why I would classify the feel of the shaft as "whippy"? It feels like it flexes or kicks about 3/4 of the way down the shaft? I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's the sensation I get!