Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf store frustration

Krizar

It's tough to find new equipment here in Toronto.  I'm looking at upgrading a few things in my bag, and the ones I'm looking at don't seem to be in any store around here. 

I've been looking for the Nike Method mod putters since release, and I can't find them anywhere. Same goes with the covert 2.0 forged irons. 

When mygolfspy comes out with the most wanted putter - guess what else isn't around: any of the top 5 

Sorry about the whiny tone of the post. It's just...frustrating. And I don't want to buy online for a purchase I may regret later. Especially with something as personal as a putter. 

Yep - Heard good things about this place in other conversations. 

Modern Golf

2785 Skymark Ave Unit #17 Mississauga, ON , L4W 4Y3

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

It's tough to find new equipment here in Toronto.  I'm looking at upgrading a few things in my bag, and the ones I'm looking at don't seem to be in any store around here. 

I've been looking for the Nike Method mod putters since release, and I can't find them anywhere. Same goes with the covert 2.0 forged irons. 

When mygolfspy comes out with the most wanted putter - guess what else isn't around: any of the top 5 

Sorry about the whiny tone of the post. It's just...frustrating. And I don't want to buy online for a purchase I may regret later. Especially with something as personal as a putter. 

If you truly can't find things close to you, many online stores offer 30 day returns on a good portion of their stock clubs. You may only get 90% of your purchase price, and it's usually store credit, but this would allow you to try a few putters with minimal risk if you didn't like them. Pay attention, they don't offer it on all clubs, but most.

I know it's not a perfect deal, but it is better than buying and not liking and taking your chances on ebay.

www.tgw.com and www.golfsmith.com both offer deals like this. If others know of better return policies out there maybe they can post them for you to take advantage of.

Heck, with the price of fuel these days it may even be less expensive to be out shipping and 10% than driving a hundred miles to check out clubs if you have to go to another city to find them.

Another bonus would be the ability to hit the putters on a real green vs the turf in the stores. Think of it as a rental if you don't like it. : ) 

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Well, look at the positive side. If you can't find it, it might save you some money. For now!   :)

You may have a very good point.  :D

I've taken a few lessons at MG this year, I never got the impression they'd allow me to try a few clubs (forged 2.0) without a fitting. But it never hurts to ask. They do have a great putting area though, with tons of putters. I'll have to take a look next time I'm there,

Archived