GolfSpy MBP

The MBP's Golf Fashion for the Frugal Buyer

Let's face it, getting dressed for golf these days can be a costly endeavor. If you're not aware the MBP is a very frugal shopper, some will say cheap, I choose to think of it as budget conscious decisions.

So looking through my closet and at recent purchases I came to realize I have some nice golf clothes and didn't pay a ton. And it dawned on me - why am I not sharing this in case it can give others ideas.

So starting today I'll be keeping this as a running thread of all my golf wardrobe fashion finds and deals.

To kick us off I give you the sub $50 outfit:

Shirt by RW&Co on sale $24 - http://www.rw-co.com/Short-sleeve-polo-with-woven-collar/725983,default,pd.html?dwvar_725983_color=Evening%20blue&start=7

A reinvented classic, thanks to its contrasting woven collar and button placket.

• Regular fit
  • Tailored collar
  • Chest buttoned pockets

Pants by Haggar "Cool 18" Flat front straight fit - On sale at Costco for $15 http://www.haggar.com/product/index.jsp?productId=32413636&cp=4011449.32728136&cp=4011449.32728136

• No Iron
  • Moisture Wicking
  • Comfort Stretch Fabric

Belt by Social Era $10 - http://social-era.myshopify.com/collections/all

• Silicone 4cm strap that is infused with vanilla scent - plastic buckle in the same color way as the strap

Moisture wicking clothing is not good on a rainy day.  Yesterday, I wore a moisture wicking shirt and pants.  It began to sprinkle while we were on the 11th green, and before for I got to the bag to I was soaked.  Much more so than the four guys I was playing with.

I watched as a rain drop about an 1/8th in diameter hit my pant leg and immediately spread out to a 1/2" circle.  It did not take long to be completely wet.  Luckily, it stopped and dried out by 14.

Don't forget to checkout Kohls for some great deals.  I picked up 3 pairs of Fila golf shorts from the clearance section for $8.50 each after coupons over the winter.  They regularly have a selection of shirts, pants and shorts for well under $20 each.

Wow - a vanilla scented belt. Clearly I am not in the hipster group that shops for clothes based upon scents. Is this like a new thing that is all the rage? I guess if I was going to get something vanilla scented, I would prefer that it be my shoes or socks. My wife would agree with that.

Don't forget to checkout Kohls for some great deals.  I picked up 3 pairs of Fila golf shorts from the clearance section for $8.50 each after coupons over the winter.  They regularly have a selection of shirts, pants and shorts for well under $20 each.

Did that last year...got 3 pair Fila shorts w matching shirts for under $75!

If you're looking for some good golf shirts and shorts, check out the Ben Hogan brand at Walmart. The shirts are performance moisture wicking @ $16 a piece and the shorts are $17-19 a pair.

I've pick up a couple of pairs of shorts and a half dozen shirts already.

MBP.... You gonna have to take me shopping with you! Frugal and stylish! Right up my alley!

Come September, make sure you check Amazon. I bought a ton of Greg Norman shirts for $20ish last year that originally sold for $70.

Time to add some of my other finds this season and get you all caught up.

Back row shirts (left to right):

Red/Blue Mexx $15 - Blue/Grey RW&Co $20 - Blue/White Travis Mathew $29

Middle Row:

Grey/Blue Ashworth $20 - Grey/Pink/Blue RW&Co $20 - Black Double Pocket Old Navy $10

Front row shorts prices $11-$19

Ashworth shirt $20 - Social Era Shorts $10 - Social Era belt $10 - Little belly, priceless

Tommy Hilfiger Shirts $20 - Shorts Red in top pic $14 - Birdie.Bogey.Par hat $20

Ashworth Shirt $20 - Haggar Shorts $15

Old Navy shirt $10 - Shorts right top pic $14 - Birdie.Bogey.Par hat $20

I am trying a new brand Schontex on ebay by coincidence, claim as quick dry, moisture wicking and no smells. I gave to my dad to try if it is better than another brand on market.

Cruisin' thru Macy's this weekend found this on Clearance...

Solid Light Blue Greg Norman shorts....$11

IZOD Green/Blue/White plaid shorts ....$8

Grey Greg Norman Sleevless zipper Vest......$9

Greg Norman Black Tee w/Shark logo....$11

I love Macy's!

Frugal thread!  Right up my alley.

Maybe Dann should start a "how'd you dress" thread to go along with the how'd you play thread :)

I am trying a new brand Schontex on ebay by coincidence, claim as quick dry, moisture wicking and no smells. I gave to my dad to try if it is better than another brand on market.

See this is the kind of stuff to keep our eyes out for

Cruisin' thru Macy's this weekend found this on Clearance...

Solid Light Blue Greg Norman shorts....$11

IZOD Green/Blue/White plaid shorts ....$8

Grey Greg Norman Sleevless zipper Vest......$9

Greg Norman Black Tee w/Shark logo....$11

I love Macy's!

Oh how my skin tingles at such deals! :P Norman and Izod are great quality as well.

thanks Foz, this is precisely the kind of stuff people need to be on the look out for.