Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Paulina on the Cover

gkatshoots69

Paula is NOT > Paulina. But there's no way Paulina should have been on the cover. I dig me some Paula, but Paulina is super hot. Paula is by far the hottest golfer, though.

Time for an eye exam? She looks like Wayne with long hair and a girl's body.  :lol:

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

She has a face?

HAHAHAHA!

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

+1 to Winn. Did she just drop off the face of the Earth of what?

Someone asked the same question on another blog (WRX) and someone in the know said that the GC did not renew her contract for whatever reasons not made public

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

As far as what they put in a magazine I could give two hoots less. I know my better half saw the story on GC and was ticked off to say the least. Not to be condoning them but the honest truth is that they are in business to sell magazines and make money. Like someone else said sex sells and money is the bottom line after all. My wife did ask me if I read the magazine I told her that I did not subscribe to or read any golf magazines. I told her I got all my golf news from on here or GWRX or watched the Golf Channel which is the truth

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Hahahahahaha... Gretzkys reproduce the cover

29AF6DAB-6D99-4738-83D7-DA1638D82D4F_zps

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad that I cancled my subsription...  Content has slipped dramtically, nothing but ads with an occasional aritcle tucked in here and there.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Glad that I cancled my subsription...  Content has slipped dramtically, nothing but ads with an occasional aritcle tucked in here and there.

I've debated doing the same.  It seems like there's less and less substance every year. I'd much prefer to have a real female golfer, rather than someone who posed with her free Speed Blade 6 iron.

If I wanted scantily clad women in a magazine, I'd buy a Playboy and sharpie all the good bits.  I can't imagine what these people at GD were thinking.

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

I can't imagine what these people at GD were thinking.

They were probably thinking let's generate some interest in our magazine, and have.  Good or bad it sold.  Just look at the talk here and everywhere else.  It probably is selling more than the Hot List Issue. 

I have mine, but it is still unopened.  Not that I have anything against her, just that my wife handed it to me from the mail box and I knew better than to open it and start ogling it and sort of forgot about it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I fail to see what the fuss is about.  It's a goodlooking girl, she's linked with sports through her dad, she's linked with golf through DJ.  Sex sells ...

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

So, oddly enough I canceled my GD subscription maybe two years ago and I still received the Paulina issue (hadn't received an issue in almost a year). Weird. Trying to entice me to renew, maybe? What it did was remind me of one of the reasons why I canceled in the first place.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

So you didn't read the article on how to gain 45 yards then?  Turns out all you need to do is swing up at the ball.  Lucky for you that you are not in my foursome this weekend, because we are gonna do a lot of waiting on the tee box.  I'm going to be very afraid of blasting into the guys in front of us with my new distance.  

So you didn't read the article on how to gain 45 yards then?  Turns out all you need to do is swing up at the ball.  Lucky for you that you are not in my foursome this weekend, because we are gonna do a lot of waiting on the tee box.  I'm going to be very afraid of blasting into the guys in front of us with my new distance.  

Damn! Knew I shouldn't have thrown that rag- er, mag- in the trash so quickly! I'll have to fish it out get my 45 yards.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

You are wise beyond your years, young man.

I disagree.

Paulina and today's girls who have learned to dress like her, is simply a product of the times. My own model was Elvis, hot rods and girls with sweaters worn as capes... pretty much like the kids portrayed in " GREASE " and " American Pie". Yes, I also carried a comb in my hip pocket. :) Paulina is undoubtedly under the influence of current day Korean show bands, though there are plenty of present day fashions of that variety. It really is as unfair to accuse them of lack of morality or poor judgement as it was to accuse us of being budding hoodlums or JD's. Passing judgement on the basis of appearance is a lazy man's attempt at intellect.

A pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of how she's dressed, but the girls never really believe they are pretty unless they are dressed in the latest fashion. :lol:

Shambles 

I disagree.

Paulina and today's girls who have learned to dress like her, is simply a product of the times. My own model was Elvis, hot rods and girls with sweaters worn as capes... pretty much like the kids portrayed in " GREASE " and " American Pie". Yes, I also carried a comb in my hip pocket. :) Paulina is undoubtedly under the influence of current day Korean show bands, though there are plenty of present day fashions of that variety. It really is as unfair to accuse them of lack of morality or poor judgement as it was to accuse us of being budding hoodlums or JD's. Passing judgement on the basis of appearance is a lazy man's attempt at intellect.

A pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of how she's dressed, but the girls never really believe they are pretty unless they are dressed in the latest fashion. :lol:

Shambles

I didn't call her immoral, I just said that I prefer women who respect themselves enough to not show themselves off to everyone through skimpy clothing. I'm not labeling Paulina or any girl like this as bad, immoral, or anything like that. Like I said, everyone has different opinions about something like this, just my thoughts on the matter.

Agree on Paulina not deserving to be on the cover.  Shes not even a golfer, shes just a somewhat pretty girl who is dating/married to/whatever a pro golfer.

It is what it is though, Im sure GD thought having her on the cover would help them sell magazines.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I didn't call her immoral, I just said that I prefer women who respect themselves enough to not show themselves off to everyone through skimpy clothing. I'm not labeling Paulina or any girl like this as bad, immoral, or anything like that. Like I said, everyone has different opinions about something like this, just my thoughts on the matter.

I probably used the wrong word in this instance. I just dislike blanket judgemental statements and prefer the world be viewed from a more whole perspective than the whole be judged from specifics.

Shambles

What is a "Korean show band"?

It's more often described as K-POP. Rock groups that dress up their stars to emphasize youth with imaginative haircuts for the men and the women come out in fashions that emphasize the face and long slim legs.

They make some nice sounding songs but I have no idea of what they are singing about. However I think there will come a melding of fashions between the east and west given a little time, unless a better idea presents itself. :)

Shambles

Agree on Paulina not deserving to be on the cover.  Shes not even a golfer, shes just a somewhat pretty girl who is dating/married to/whatever a pro golfer.

It is what it is though, Im sure GD thought having her on the cover would help them sell magazines.

I agree somewhat. A more subtle message is that golf can be a nice dating place and a fun thing for young people as an activity and not the exclusive place of fat middle aged men. In that sense, Paulina serves well as a messenger.

Shambles

Archived