Paulina on the Cover

Our Sponsors

I fail to see what the fuss is about.  It's a goodlooking girl, she's linked with sports through her dad, she's linked with golf through DJ.  Sex sells ...

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, oddly enough I canceled my GD subscription maybe two years ago and I still received the Paulina issue (hadn't received an issue in almost a year). Weird. Trying to entice me to renew, maybe? What it did was remind me of one of the reasons why I canceled in the first place.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

So you didn't read the article on how to gain 45 yards then?  Turns out all you need to do is swing up at the ball.  Lucky for you that you are not in my foursome this weekend, because we are gonna do a lot of waiting on the tee box.  I'm going to be very afraid of blasting into the guys in front of us with my new distance.  

So you didn't read the article on how to gain 45 yards then?  Turns out all you need to do is swing up at the ball.  Lucky for you that you are not in my foursome this weekend, because we are gonna do a lot of waiting on the tee box.  I'm going to be very afraid of blasting into the guys in front of us with my new distance.  

Damn! Knew I shouldn't have thrown that rag- er, mag- in the trash so quickly! I'll have to fish it out get my 45 yards.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

You are wise beyond your years, young man.

I disagree.

Paulina and today's girls who have learned to dress like her, is simply a product of the times. My own model was Elvis, hot rods and girls with sweaters worn as capes... pretty much like the kids portrayed in " GREASE " and " American Pie". Yes, I also carried a comb in my hip pocket. :) Paulina is undoubtedly under the influence of current day Korean show bands, though there are plenty of present day fashions of that variety. It really is as unfair to accuse them of lack of morality or poor judgement as it was to accuse us of being budding hoodlums or JD's. Passing judgement on the basis of appearance is a lazy man's attempt at intellect.

A pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of how she's dressed, but the girls never really believe they are pretty unless they are dressed in the latest fashion. :lol:

Shambles 

I disagree.

Paulina and today's girls who have learned to dress like her, is simply a product of the times. My own model was Elvis, hot rods and girls with sweaters worn as capes... pretty much like the kids portrayed in " GREASE " and " American Pie". Yes, I also carried a comb in my hip pocket. :) Paulina is undoubtedly under the influence of current day Korean show bands, though there are plenty of present day fashions of that variety. It really is as unfair to accuse them of lack of morality or poor judgement as it was to accuse us of being budding hoodlums or JD's. Passing judgement on the basis of appearance is a lazy man's attempt at intellect.

A pretty girl is a pretty girl regardless of how she's dressed, but the girls never really believe they are pretty unless they are dressed in the latest fashion. :lol:

Shambles

I didn't call her immoral, I just said that I prefer women who respect themselves enough to not show themselves off to everyone through skimpy clothing. I'm not labeling Paulina or any girl like this as bad, immoral, or anything like that. Like I said, everyone has different opinions about something like this, just my thoughts on the matter.

Agree on Paulina not deserving to be on the cover.  Shes not even a golfer, shes just a somewhat pretty girl who is dating/married to/whatever a pro golfer.

It is what it is though, Im sure GD thought having her on the cover would help them sell magazines.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I didn't call her immoral, I just said that I prefer women who respect themselves enough to not show themselves off to everyone through skimpy clothing. I'm not labeling Paulina or any girl like this as bad, immoral, or anything like that. Like I said, everyone has different opinions about something like this, just my thoughts on the matter.

I probably used the wrong word in this instance. I just dislike blanket judgemental statements and prefer the world be viewed from a more whole perspective than the whole be judged from specifics.

Shambles

What is a "Korean show band"?

It's more often described as K-POP. Rock groups that dress up their stars to emphasize youth with imaginative haircuts for the men and the women come out in fashions that emphasize the face and long slim legs.

They make some nice sounding songs but I have no idea of what they are singing about. However I think there will come a melding of fashions between the east and west given a little time, unless a better idea presents itself. :)

Shambles

Agree on Paulina not deserving to be on the cover.  Shes not even a golfer, shes just a somewhat pretty girl who is dating/married to/whatever a pro golfer.

It is what it is though, Im sure GD thought having her on the cover would help them sell magazines.

I agree somewhat. A more subtle message is that golf can be a nice dating place and a fun thing for young people as an activity and not the exclusive place of fat middle aged men. In that sense, Paulina serves well as a messenger.

Shambles