TESTERS WANTED! ×

Another Dynacraft Wedge

Here is another Dynacraft wedge I am doing for a friend. The white ferrule looks great with the chrome which surprised me. It's a 60* with an Apollo step less steel shaft R flex & a Golf Pride Tour Wrap Blue grip to match the blue rings on the ferrule. Let me know what you think.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Sorry for got to attach the file. That was a bogey.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I've never used a Dynacraft wedge before, but from looks it's pretty sharp and you can never go wrong with blue

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I still have not hit the ones I built for myself. I hope to play a few rounds by the end of the month and will give a review. I agree the blue is sharp.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

That looks nice!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I have a question ja. What are the Apollo shafts like? I was looking at getting the new XS forged irons but with the KBS Tour 90 shaft. Is there any comparison/feedback you could give me?

Matt

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Matt,

I have never played anything from the KBS line. I have played TT X100's & FST 125 Pros. The Apollo Steppless Steel is softer but comes in the 125 gram range. That being said it's a heavier shaft that I feel gets the ball up in the air easier that the x100's & fst 125.

If you got fit for the KBS I would go with those. Remember they are your clubs, if you have the option put in them what you trust.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Thanks for the PM Josh!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Those wedges look pretty good. Your version looks good also. I was looking in the Hireko catalog the other night and they did not tell if they were conforming or not

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is from the Hireko website:

"The Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC wedges start with a five step forging process from a billet of soft carbon steel providing that unmistaken feel coveted by the most prestigious golfers in the world. This is indeed a true forging that is not to be construed with form forging using harder 8620 carbon steel that many other companies choose to manufacturer their wedges. Each groove is CNC milled to USGA conforming U-grooves that ensures consistency of both groove width and depth that less sophisticated methods such as stamping or hand grinding cannot. A secondary skim milling operation is performed on the face to create tiny micro-grooves which helps to increase surface roughness and further channel moisture between the ball and clubface for maximum spin. A brilliant high-chrome finish provides the classic look for years of durability and beauty. A thin topline and minimal offset, preferred at address, augment the semi-narrow 4-way camber sole design. "

In the middle it says they are conforming.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

FWIW, I really like Hireko's DSFI listings. You can use the DSFI (dynamic shaft fitting index) as an easy way to compare shaft stiffness. It isn't perfect, but the charts also list all the other attributes of a shaft such as frequency, Tip/Butt Ratio, Deflection, etc...

Here's the shaft data:

http://www.hirekogolf.com/media/pdf/2014SFAchapter5.pdf

Unfortunately, they don't have the KBS Tour 90, but in general the Apollo shafts play an entire flex weak compared to KBS (same goes for FST).

I'll do a review of it at the end of the month as well.

From what I can tell on the limited shots I have hit with the wedges the sole grind is great. I will give a full review at the end of the month.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

This is from the Hireko website:

"The Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC wedges start with a five step forging process from a billet of soft carbon steel providing that unmistaken feel coveted by the most prestigious golfers in the world. This is indeed a true forging that is not to be construed with form forging using harder 8620 carbon steel that many other companies choose to manufacturer their wedges. Each groove is CNC milled to USGA conforming U-grooves that ensures consistency of both groove width and depth that less sophisticated methods such as stamping or hand grinding cannot. A secondary skim milling operation is performed on the face to create tiny micro-grooves which helps to increase surface roughness and further channel moisture between the ball and clubface for maximum spin. A brilliant high-chrome finish provides the classic look for years of durability and beauty. A thin topline and minimal offset, preferred at address, augment the semi-narrow 4-way camber sole design. "

In the middle it says they are conforming. Ok I just looked in my catalog but not on the website and it did not say in the catalog if it was conforming or not

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived