evansscholar

Contest for a Limited Edition Scotty Cameron Masters Putter

This golf blog is running a contest for the Masters, the grand prize is a Limited Edition Scotty and it looks pretty great. They're giving away some other Masters branded stuff, too. Thought I'd share because, apparently, you get extra drawing entries if you do.  Here's the link!

Masters Contest

Who do you think has a shot at winning this weekend? I always cheer for Sergio, just because I feel like it has to happen eventually, right?

6355j_lg.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    lowercasec6

• By Golfspy_CG2
      TESTERS WANTED (4)
      So you think the importance of shaft design is only important to drivers.   Well the engineers at Odyssey Golf among some of the best and brightest minds in the business want to show you otherwise.   For years counterbalancing has been a big buzz word in the world of putter shafts.   Well the new Stroke Lab putters by Odyssey Golf aren't just counterbalanced, they take weight shifting to a whole new level or should I say end.
      As in redistributing 40 percent of the weight from the middle of the shaft into the butt and head end of the shaft.  The results show that you will make a much more consistent stroke with Stroke Lab than with the standard putter shaft.
      Don't believe it?  We're going to give you...well four of you a chance to prove it to yourself and the rest of the forum.

How to Apply
      This is important, so please follow these instructions carefully:

1. If you haven't already, make sure you're a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member
      2. In this thread (and ONLY in this thread - please don't go back to the blog and apply - it won't do you any good!), tell us the following:

- Your first name
      - State
      - Your current model of putter
      - Is putting a strength or weakness of your game

This review opportunity is open to any golfer who resides in the US or Canada.  We'll be announcing the testers in this thread next week, so make sure to check back. 

Please do not 'quote' this post when applying...
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      With so many players having recent success with the ArmLock putters on the PGA Tour, we thought we'd see how it works for the average golfer.  So follow four of our forum members as the put the Bettinardi Studio Armlock in play over the next four to six weeks to see how they perform with it. 
      Feel free to join the conversation and ask any questions you might have in regards to the putter or method of using it. 

@KCLeo12                Stage 1                         Stage 2
      @CarlH                      Stage 1                         Stage 2
      @GB13                       Stage 1                         Stage 2
      @downlowkey           Stage 1                          Stage 2
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Testers Wanted (4)
      So how does MyGolfSpy follow up a forum testing of the Most Wanted Driver of 2019 that resulted in almost 1200 applications?   
      How about throwing up a putter that not only will be officially launching this week, but comes from one of the most respected names in the golf industry. A name that speaks not just quality and beauty, but in addition has  topped the final leader board of the PGA Tour eight times in the last nine months, two of those by Brand Ambassador Matt Kuchar.  
      That's right Bettinardi Golf has just launched the newest addition to it's Studio Stock lineup with the SS38 Armlock putter.   How can something so beautiful have so much tech, well here's just a taste.  
      Armlock putter, a compact mallet with maximum forgiveness and easy alignment. Robert re-engineered the popular SS38 standard model to craft this elegant, high performing Armlock putter that features 1 shaft of offset and 5 degrees of loft. Our Tour-proven F.I.T. Face is milled into the SS38 with 20% deeper grooves for an even softer feel at impact on the 303 stainless steel body. A stunning hand-polished platinum finish gives the SS38 Armlock, an extremely durable and clean appearance at address.
      Well enough of the tech talk, there will be more of that and of course more talk of the beauty from our testers...that will be the job of those selected for this elite opportunity.   So lets enjoy a bit more of the beauty that is to come their way.

How To Apply
      Open to All US Residents who putt Right Handed
      Follow ALL instructions below to be eligible. 
      In this thread and only this thread please list the following
      Name/Home State
      Current Putter
      ONE sentence that describes Bettinardi putters.
      Lastly. PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST IN YOUR ENTRY! 
      Good Luck!  We'll be announcing the testers next week in this thread!

Congrats to our 4 testers!
      @GB13
      @downlowkey
      @KCLeo12
      @CarlH
      I'll be in touch guys!
      For more on the announcement see below.

• By GolfSpy MPR
      It's time for a MyGolfSpy Super Bowl pick'em contest!
      Like our contest for The Match, we're setting up some props for you to pick for Sunday's Rams vs. Patriots championship game. For each prop, complete the poll to pick the side you think will happen.
      NOTE THIS CAREFULLY: For a tie break, post in this thread the total points (both teams combined) that will be scored in the game. Submissions without a tie break will be given lowest priority in the event of a tie.
      And there are PRIZES!
      A MyGolfSpy putter cover (either mallet or blade) A MyGolfSpy bag tag A MyGolfSpy divot tool We'll be closing this contest at 6:00pm Eastern Time on Sunday. Good luck to all, and winners will be announced next week!
      We had 261 entries in the MyGolfSpy Prop Bet challenge. Some of the props resulted in landslide wins: only 9 of you thought there would be a safety; the other 252 of us were glad you were wrong. Some were pretty close to 50/50. Oddly, the total yardage prop (51.92% for the Patriots to 48.08% for the Rams) was closer to 50/50 than the actual 50/50 bet on the board (the coin toss, with 52.31% going heads and 47.69% tails).
      As for the tie break: everyone was (shocking) way over. The closest there was @Herb, at 29.
      The distribution was almost a bell curve; it skewed high because of a couple that most people got right:

On one extreme was an entry that got a single prop correct. I don't want to single him out, but he and I were fellow reviewers on the G700 irons. 🙂
      Among the staff, @GolfSpy MBP had the most impressive performance, nailing 9 out of ten. He doesn't get a prize for two reasons: he's ineligible, and he picked a combined score of 327, which was only off by 311 points. (Also, I would rather have watched that game.)
      Rounding out the staff results:
      @GolfSpy STUDque: 8 @GolfSpy Barbajo and @GolfSpy Dave: 7 (and they both picked 49 points, for a total tie, or collusion) @GolfSpy MPR: 5 <sniffle> There were nine contestants who picked 9 out of 10 correctly. Unfortunately, only three of the nine (counting MBP) followed the instructions (left above in this post for the record) to add your total score prediction as a tie break. Honorable mentions, then, to he guys who nailed the predictions but didn't nail the instructions:
      @2talltodd @banny @deg430 @jody @marvimus @mtashiro That leaves three (how convenient!). In third place, picking 9 of 10 correctly and predicting 52 points scored was @Kduncan55! To him goes the MyGolfSpy divot tool!
      In second place, also getting 9 right but picking the still grossly inflated, but closer to the (boring) reality 44 points, is @golfer71909! We'll get a bag tag headed that way!
      And the winner of the MyGolfSpy Prop Bet contest is: @jscarborough55! He defied the odds and picked all 10 correctly. Being the only one who did so, it doesn't matter that he expected a wildly optimistic 45 points in the game. For his victory, he gets his choice of the MyGolfSpy mallet or blade headcovers!
      Congrats to the winners, and thanks to all for playing!
    • By mcmarsico
      I'm selling my two previous gamer putters. A Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3 and an Evnroll ER1. Both are 34" and have the original headcover. The Evnroll knocked the Scotty out of the bag two years ago, and the new Evnroll ER5B just knocked the ER1 out of the bag. I'd love to keep them, but they can get more love elsewhere. Asking $175 for each, shipping included. Payment by Venmo. Let me know if you have any questions.  

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!