Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AwWeqhsUj0&feature=player_embedded#

Here is a swing of my driver face-on courtesy of John Graham(one hell of a golf instructor). Right now we are focusing on avoiding throwaway, one of my favorite tricks. I believe I see a bit too much on a lateral move on the backswing, I appear to have moved to the outside of the right foot on that particular swing. I would also like to see a little more float-loading, but at least I am headed in the right direction. Any thoughts, idea, criticism, etc., would be greatly appreciated. I know Mike M will be all over that lateral slide like white on rice, but we flippers have to err on the side of caution. I suspect our next move will be a little less slide and more of a hip turn on the downswing. However, I want to spend the next couple of weeks just making sure that frigging throwaway is gone for good.

I'm no instructor but the first thing I saw was the lateral movement. This is a problem I have struggled with in the past and is a real power leak.

Personally, I would stop lifting your arms once you have made your full turn and maybe begin your wrist cock a little earlier.

There's a lot of good things going on especially at impact and beyond.

That's the way I see it but, as I said, I'm no PGA pro. :)

Semper Fi

My Club

I'm not a coach but a couple of things. A lot of movement in your legs (sliding). Your head should not be be moving, more focused on the ball right into impact. Also, try a more athletic posture. You want to feel like nobody could move you and bend more at the hips. Also, maybe open up your forward foot a little more so you aren't blocking yourself on the follow through.

Thanks for posting your swing as we all can garner something positive from it. :)

Definitely the hip sliding on the backswing is the #1 thing. That will improve your impact position because you will have more lag, basically because the hands will be in front of the ball. Currently you have the club straight vertical at impact. This is a position most would envy, but there is room for improvement. Also, It seems like you lift your hands a lot on the backswing, maybe try sticking a glove under you right armpit and try to swing without dropping it.

I'm no instructor but the first thing I saw was the lateral movement. This is a problem I have struggled with in the past and is a real power leak.

Personally, I would stop lifting your arms once you have made your full turn and maybe begin your wrist cock a little earlier.

There's a lot of good things going on especially at impact and beyond.

That's the way I see it but, as I said, I'm no PGA pro. :lol:

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Interesting suggestion about the wrist cock. John wasnts me to establish more of a float-loaded wrist cock, I can see I have the possibility to get about 20* more.

I'm not a coach but a couple of things. A lot of movement in your legs (sliding). Your head should not be be moving, more focused on the ball right into impact. Also, try a more athletic posture. You want to feel like nobody could move you and bend more at the hips. Also, maybe open up your forward foot a little more so you aren't blocking yourself on the follow through.

Thanks for posting your swing as we all can garner something positive from it. :)

As I look at the frame in slo-mo, about the only head action I see is a rise on the backswing. Good catch on the front foot suggedtion.

Definitely the hip sliding on the backswing is the #1 thing. That will improve your impact position because you will have more lag, basically because the hands will be in front of the ball. Currently you have the club straight vertical at impact. This is a position most would envy, but there is room for improvement. Also, It seems like you lift your hands a lot on the backswing, maybe try sticking a glove under you right armpit and try to swing without dropping it.

I agree I need more lag. I have been hesitant to increase FSL with the driver as I have a 9* with low-mid kick and tend to be hitting a tad too low. However, I agree that is where I belong, and that might be rationale for a new driver. :)

Thank you very much to everyone who took their time and insight inot helping me. Should have some improvement up this weekend.

• 8 years later...

We'll probably never know since he hasn't "visited" in the forum in almost 6 years. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived