Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf in Orlando FL

Mr_Theoo

I'll be going on vacation in august to Orlando and was wondering if anyone from the fl area has any course suggestions. Also if you are in the area maybe we can get together and play a round. Thanks

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I was there in February, and recommend, without reservation:

Falcon's Fire - really a great course and facility.  Only had one round here, but can't wait to play again.  Had a couple of huge tom turkey's stalking the range and the fairways.

Orange County National Golf Center - Panther Lake and Crooked Cat courses!  The best practice facility I've ever seen, and very high quality courses.

Grand Cypress - I only played the "New Course" which is a tribute to the the Old Course at St. Andrews.  Very nice facility

I was only there for five days; two friends stayed and played Magnolia and said it was magnificent.

Good luck with the heat in August!  The courses were in great shape in February, I wonder how they hold up over the summer months...

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I was at Disney last August ( and yes it was brutally hot ) and played Oak Trail and Magnolia.  Oak Trail was perfect for myself and my son to get in a nice nine holes, but the lack of carts and having to push two trolleys around was a down side.  Overall it was a nice nine hole track that was playable for me and very enjoyable for my 7 year old.

Magnolia was a nice track and in really great shape when I played it, but again the heat was up and I ended up buying a new dry golf shirt at the turn.  Palm should be done by now and is my favorite of the Disney courses and I would imagine it should be in awesome shape as they did a complete rebuild for all 18 holes.  

+1 on Falcon's Fire...have not played it in several years but it is an awesome track.  I am going to Orlando the first week of June for a "conference" and I will let you know where we play and conditions.

Highlight of my trip was after my round at Magnolia I needed to get back to my hotel which was right across the street from the course.  One of the helpful young men in the pro shop said it would take longer to get a car so he could just run me over in a golf cart.  We roll up to the hotel and my entire family and my wife's entire family are standing out front as I roll up in a golf cart double fisting Yeungling 160z cans at 11 AM.  

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Nice! Gotta replace those fluids!

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I'll look into those for sure. I know it's going to be hot but hopefully it won't be too humid

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

+2 on the courses at Disney. Lake Buena Vista is a fun course also. More country club style than the other two and very scenic. Played LBV and Falcons Fire in January. Falcons Fire is a great course and a bit cheaper than the Disney courses. I've also heard Celebration is a nice course.

Driver: :adams-small: XTD Ti 9* Matrix Ozik Red Tie s flex                        

Fairway: :cobra-small: AMP 15* Aldila RIP s flex               

Hybrid:  :cleveland-small: 588 Custom 20.5* Matrix Ozik Altus

Irons: :taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred MC 4-pw w/ KBS Tour s flex +1"  

Wedges:  :scatch-golf-1: 8620 50*DD w/ KBS Rev, 54* and 58* DD w/ KBS C-Taper  

Putter: :bridgestone-small:  TD-01 True Balance 34"

Almost forgot.  Another very nice course, extremely well run:  Shingle Creek

For starters exactly when are you coming? I missed that and if possible I'd love to play with you. For seconders how far could you travel to play a great and I mean great course? For thirders IMHO the Disney courses are very poor values. They are okay but they are ridiculously over priced. Lake buena vista is the only one with any real sort of character. Avoid them unless you get a great deal - under $50 this time of year. You'd be able to play the Orange County national courses for that and they are better courses.

I didn't notice champions gate so I will throw that one in the mix. If you can travel World Woods is better than anything mentioned at half the price or less. Both courses there are top 100 you can play and Pine Barrens is top 100 any course. It's worth the drive, go early, play both for under 100 and you won't be sorry.

PM me if you want to play. It's about an hour and a half drive for me, less for Foz.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 4 weeks later...

I have earned 130 hours of comp time........so you know what thar means......off for golf.

I'm in......just let me know dates in August.

And Rev is correct.....World Woods will bow away any of the Orlando courses for 1/2 the price.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I have earned 130 hours of comp time........so you know what thar means......off for golf.

I'm in......just let me know dates in August.

And Rev is correct.....World Woods will bow away any of the Orlando courses for 1/2 the price.

How about golf in Orlando in three weeks? I have to come for a couple of days for a conference. I'm the chaplain which means I do the services and devotions but nothing else. I can play the morning of the 23rd. Does that work for you?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

How about golf in Orlando in three weeks? I have to come for a couple of days for a conference. I'm the chaplain which means I do the services and devotions but nothing else. I can play the morning of the 23rd. Does that work for you?

I'm in Kissimmee with my Buddy Group June 12-15...6 rounds in 4 days at Remington and Kissimmee Bay for 24 guys. The 23rd would be the week after......it's doable.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I'm in Kissimmee with my Buddy Group June 12-15...6 rounds in 4 days at Remington and Kissimmee Bay for 24 guys. The 23rd would be the week after......it's doable.

Just checked GolfNow.  Looks like you could get greens fees in the $35 to $59 range in the next few days on all of the Disney Course, Falcons Fire, and Shingle Creek (all of which I have played and enjoyed).  Cypress New Course is $89.  I don't know how that would translate to greens fee in August, but good deals appear to be able to be had.  I have been known to travel several hours for golf, right Rev and Foz!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Just checked GolfNow.  Looks like you could get greens fees in the $35 to $59 range in the next few days on all of the Disney Course, Falcons Fire, and Shingle Creek (all of which I have played and enjoyed).  Cypress New Course is $89.  I don't know how that would translate to greens fee in August, but good deals appear to be able to be had.  I have been known to travel several hours for golf, right Rev and Foz!

That is correct Jax!  Hey, I'm gonna meet Rev in Orlando on Monday, June 23....I think it's Stoneybrook West.....

BTW,  I have not played it, but heard nice things about Falcon's Fire & Shingle Creek.

That is correct Jax!  Hey, I'm gonna meet Rev in Orlando on Monday, June 23....I think it's Stoneybrook West.....

BTW,  I have not played it, but heard nice things about Falcon's Fire & Shingle Creek.

We'd love to have you join us Jax

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Too bad, I'm going to be in Vegas that week celebrating my wife's birthday.  About the only week I couldn't have made it down there.  Enjoy!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Theo, let us know where you want to play and dates when you get closer to August.  We'll make a date on it.

Theo, let us know where you want to play and dates when you get closer to August. We'll make a date on it.

I am planning on playing Aug 12th. Not sure where yet and I'm pretty open to suggestions

We have to do TPC Tampa bay or champions gate. I'm thinking we can get either for $50.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

We have to do TPC Tampa bay or champions gate. I'm thinking we can get either for $50.

Sounds good to me

I'm in for a day of FUN!

I have a friend who's a TPC member......I'll find out what we can get on for.

I know the guys that work there get to play for cart fee $30. To get that, you have to play with them.

• 1 month later...

August 12th is a good day........now, where do we play?

August 12th is a good day........now, where do we play?

Anywhere that isn't 7500 yards with 200+ force carries is fine with me lol

Anywhere that isn't 7500 yards with 200+ force carries is fine with me lol

You really wouldn't want to do that here in July - trust me.  We are going to do something under 6,400.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I do have some Grandfather responsibilities.....every Monday & Tuesday, I take my 7 yr old grandson to football practice.....need to pick him up by 5:30......so......can we play early?

We can work on that. For me it has to be the 12th, the 11th is my daughter's birthday and the 13th the first day of school.

I think that JAXbeach packer fan will round out our foursome. I'd say either champions gate or something else off of golf now around Disney.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Haven't plated much around Disney......I'll let ya'll choose. As long as I can get back to Wesley Chapel by 5:30.

Haven't plated much around Disney......I'll let ya'll choose. As long as I can get back to Wesley Chapel by 5:30.

Actually saw some great prices/options on Golf Now for the 12th.  I'm going to send a PM to you, Jeff and Mr. Theo so that we can discuss.  Grand Cypress for $50 is very appealling.  The New course is $69.  That's one cool layout.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived