TESTERS WANTED! ×

2014 Footwear Offerings - Your Thoughts

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

Curious of everyone's thoughts on 2014's footwear offerings from all brands, personally I think there's a lot of ugliness floating around. As well as looks I'm finding with a borderline wide foot many brands are not as accommodating so much or it's hard to find a sweet spot between width and length.

Anyways this weekend I must have tried on 20 different shoes. My old go to adidas sizing no longer fits the same and it seems that the brands that do fit are migrating towards the bulky runner look which I detest. I personally want a fancier shoe something with a saddle or wingtips. I can't do "street" shoes since I think the look belongs on the street with a pair of jeans.

Anyways let's here your thoughts on favorite brand lineup, quality, looks etc etc

metryshoes.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I've liked what's been offered so far this season.

It probably makes it easier for me to find shoes because I don't need the wide option.

I'm not a big fan of the dressier look cause they look more uncomfortable to me

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I've seen some I like and some I don't.  Pretty much the same as past years for me.  I am a bit disappointed in the current Puma offerings as I loved some of their stuff from two years ago.  Adidas always has solid stuff, but I'm not a fan of the colors of this years adizero's.  I do have some loud bright Puma shoes and I look to adidas for the understated shoe with maybe a splash of color.

I really want something like an Adipure or Tour 360 in white with some blue accents.  Simple, but still with a splash of color.

Overall though I have too many shoes to let me justify another pair to my wife, so I haven't really been looking much this year.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Liking the look of the footjoy city and the Ecco tour hybrid. I do like street shoes but my word I like a classic brogue design....

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Puma are strong in 2014. Very strong. Their street shoes are superb - Monolite and Biofusion Mesh are my most used shoes so far. Puma Neo Lux should meet your criteria MBP :) Pure class in modern style.

ECCO needs to upgrade their street sole. Everyone is moving forwards, they're still using the Freddiesole. But the Biom shoes are some of the best out there. And Hybrid Tour is the Mona Lisa of golf shoes. 

Adidas are still struggling to find out what they want to do. They need consistency. New sole is promising.

Nike are doing what adidas should do. Lunar Control must be one of the most popular shoes in the world. FI Impact is an excellent addition and TW is moving in the right direction. I've seen some of the coming models - very exciting stuff.

FJ needed drastic change. They're a great company and they showed their class with DNA and City. I'm sure they had to convince themselves that it was the correct decision to go for all markets - not just the classic, traditional golfers.

Shoes of the year so far;

Biofusion Mesh

Neo Lux

FI Impact

Hybrid Tour in grey/silver.

I've used so many new shoes that I've had blisters for two weeks now :)

My eyes are starting to bleed looking at the numbers under the shoes in that photo....   I hope that you are shopping in Turkey, and those prices are in Lira....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Oh look at that I just clicked order on some shoes

You mean you didn't over analyze and let yourself get super picky? Bravo sir bravo!

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

This decision took weeks...

Well you gotta crawl before you walk

Like I need more golf shoes.......when E.W. Went out of business I picked up two pair of FootJoys for $100....DryJoy Tour and BOA Contours........the dryJoys are still in the box....they are exactly like my other pair. The contours have the BOA lacing system and are awesome! I have Narrow width feet so the BOA helps me keep them tight.

BTW, I have looked at the new styles, but am not going to pay the high ransom prices.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A little while back I bought myself a pair of the Boa Dry Joys to replace the ones I had which were falling apart, unforunately I had a lot of issues wearing them in and actually lost a toe nail because of it, even though they are starting to wear in more and more now I'm still on the hunt for a new pair of ultra comfy ones I can wear in the dry.

Currently I'm liking the look of the Puma Faas lite mesh ones that appear to be very confortable and a very low price point, but are not water proof which doesnt bother me that much.

The addicross II also look very good for the price point and the girlfriend likes the look of those a bit more than the III's :)

I recently played with an friend that has what I think were the new foot joy DNA shoes and was saying they are the most confortable thing his has even wore, so they are now on the radar even though I was mainly looking for the spikeless street style.

A friend has a contact that may be able to get me a pair of the new ashworths that one the mostwanted for around cost price, otherwise I'm not real keen to spend $400+ on a pair of shoes lol

Just found out there is an ecco store just around the corner from my girlfriends place as well so will be popping in to have a look at those as well :)

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

The Addicross IIIs are my favorite and the new true grips version I love also

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

The only ones I've seen lately that I really want to try are the line from Asics. I've only had experience with their wrestling and running shoes but it was all good. Still have two or three pair laying around here somewhere. The golf shoes intrigue me. 

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Forgot Callaway! They deserve to be mentioned. Ground breaking year for them. New designer. From Reebok? X Cage Vibe is a very good golf shoe. They're shoes are from what I can tell excellent quality and stand out in the crowd. I think there's and Asian influence. I can see some Asics and Mizuno in this years collection.

i like were finally seeing wingtips and cap toes coming back, as ive always been a bit more traditional, but i do like the look of adizero/tour and the fj dna's and m project. i absolutely cannot stand the "casual" look- they look like skate shoes to me- and tiger's shoes look like my septugenarian mother's orthopedic walking shoes.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, the prices are ridiculous on that picture. I love my me FJ Street from a few years ago, but I also don't get a chance to play as much, so shoes last me a long while. I am luvin the style of the FJ City. the new AdiCross are sweet. 

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Thanks Maverick.......I like them.....a lot

http://www.patrickgibbonshandmade.com/golf-shop/golf-shoes/scottsdale-golf-shoe-white-with-blue-shark/

Only prob is the price.....Do they have a Clearance Section?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived