TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ashworth Brings its PIMP Style with Encinitas Footwear Collection

• SPY VIP

Sorry guys, no nipple jokes today. Hell, I'm not even sure if there's going to be a Sports Science video explaining how when you look fly, you feel fly, and when you feel fly, you play fly...back to Stage Steele in the studio.

IMG_1190.JPG

Anyway, Ashworth has just announced its new Encinitas Footwear Collection which features two distinct styles.

The Encinitas Wingtip is Ashworth's first wingtip ever, and falls right in line with the semi-retro movement we're seeing this year (Nike Lunar Clayton, True Linkswear Gent, FootJoy FJ City). It's like there was some secret meeting where it was decided that retro would be cool in 2014. Anyway...

Ashworth is billing the Wingtip has a versatile design that can be worn on and off the golf course. That bit of info alone should suggest to you that it's a spikeless design. 

We got a look at these at the PGA show, and I thought they were cool at the time, and I still do...and let's be honest, Ashworth hasn't exactly been synonymous with cool in a while. Listen to me, people. There's a new vibe at Ashworth, and while it's probably still 2 years away from fully being recognized, I think the big ugly boxy shirt and narrow uncomfortable hipster ******** shoe days are basically over.

IMG_1187.JPG

Here's hoping, right?

The 2nd offering in the Encinitas collection is the Kingston. The Kingston is a classic saddle design; noteworthy because it's the first spiked shoe Ashworth has ever created. That's weird, right? 

IMG_1188.JPG

Anyway...you've got these pics we took at the PGA show, and you've got the press release (below), and within the next few hours, we should have the latest @itsthejor media kit to dissect. Plenty to see, I suppose.

Let us (and Ashworth) know what you think.

IMG_1189.JPG

The Very Subtle Media Kit

Ashworth Encinitas-9.jpg

If not for some extenuating circumstances, @itsthejor's hold on the Media Kit Championship Belt would be tenuous at best, but the truth of the matter is that the Ashworth team likes things a bit more subtle than the adidas guys. And so subtle is what we get with the Encinitas kit. A shoe bag, and a pair of shoes...brown shoes.

Ashworth Encinitas-1.jpg

Ashworth Encinitas-2.jpg

I like the white, but brown is cool I guess...you know, for brown. Again...subtle.

As you may know, I'm a big fan of Nike's Lunar Claytons. First impression is that the Encinitas is softer, and should prove to be more comfortable out of the box.

More to come after I've actually worn them on the course.

Ashworth Encinitas-4.jpg

Ashworth Encinitas-5.jpg

Ashworth Encinitas-6.jpg

Ashworth Encinitas-7.jpg

Ashworth Encinitas-8.jpg

Ashworth Encinitas-10.jpg

Press Release

Ashworth Golf Unveils Encinitas Footwear Collection

Contemporary Spikeless Model adds to Expanding Range of Golf Footwear

Carlsbad, Calif. (May 21, 2014) â€“ Ashworth Golf, the most authentic golf brand dedicated to bringing modern style to the golf course, today announced the release of the Encinitas footwear collection to its growing lineup of golf footwear. Featuring premium materials, classic designs and subtle color pop detailing, the Encinitas is remarkably lightweight and provides premium stability and comfort for continued walkability.

image012.jpgimage013.jpg

Inspired by traditional wingtip designs, the Encinitas is the first wingtip model in Ashworth company history. Designed with the versatility to be worn both on and off the golf course, the Encinitas features classic, sophisticated styling and a lightweight, flexible spikeless outsole. Combined with an ultra-rich leather upper and a soft EVA midsole with full length cushioning, the newest spikeless model delivers excellent sustained comfort and performance in a timeless design.

“At Ashworth Golf, we challenged ourselves to create something unique and special for the golfer,” said Masun Denison, Director, Global Product Footwear Marketing, Ashworth Golf. “While the Encinitas draws inspiration from classic footwear, we've updated the design details and construction methods to create a product that not only looks great, but has proven performance benefits.”

Available now, the Encinitas Wingtip is available in three colorways: running white / air force blue / new navy, dark brown / tan brown / air force blue and black / black / air force blue with an MSRP of $200 USD.

For golfers preferring a spiked design, Ashworth has also launched the Kingston, the first cleated shoe in company history; highlighted by a classic saddle design with sophisticated color pop accents and seven-cleat outsole. Adding contemporary styling, the Kingston also features a leather welt construction, stitch detailing and rich leather upper with microfiber lining for a classic, elegant look.

Also available now, the Kingston is available in three colorways: white / tan brown / bordeaux, white / black / azure and aluminum / iron / tour white with an MSRP of $150 USD.

For more information on the Ashworth Encinitas and Kingston footwear collections, visitashworthgolf.com.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Yep, like the wingtip style. Concerned about the grippiness of their spikeless design, though. Almost seems like too much surface area and not enough space between the studs to properly grip. And yes, I am a Spikeless Golf Shoe Grippiness Expert (SGSGE, for short), thank you very much. Anyway, they look good. Like the low-ish heel also.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Yes great stuff - don't even need to change shoes between work and course!

Loving wingtip golf shoes

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• SPY VIP

Original post updated with very subtle media kit photos...or should I say photos of the subtle media kit.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I'm loving that white wingtip with the blue. Although the "subtle" brown is probably something I could get away with more wearing to work to head straight to the range afterwards. 

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

I really like the brown. It might be the best looking modern wingtip this year.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

It looks like my shoes wore out at the perfect time! I'm loving those grey ones

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Archived