TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putter Fixation-itis (KombiSus needus)

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Does anyone else seem to fixate on a putter (or other club)?

Right now for me it is the Kombi S. Rolled one in the shop and it was magical. Immediately sent me into scheme mode to see what I can sell off to pick one up.

Am I alone in this illness?

What is your current putter fixation?

btw, if anyone has a Kombi S in 34" or 35" that they want to sell/trade let me know :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Your not alone. I never really looked into custom putters but after reading the past month on here and on putter talk I am trying to figure out to get an Sunset Beach Carolina into my bag. Well maybe it won't go directly into my bag but I want it. I would also have to add a Ping I15 driver in 8* w/ UST AXIVCore black 69, that thing is just money in my hands.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

This site has me addicted to a couple of the Sunset Putters

I couldn't agree with you more. I am just waiting to be able to place an order for my first one.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Can I only be fixated on 1 putter at a time? Hmmm....

Honestly, I have zero need for another putter because my copper plated gamer is killing it right now, but I just love putters for the sake of loving putters. Right now, I want to get a Channel Islands into the collection and probably a Bombora too. I also love LaMont's Weaver's Needle model, I just couldn't possibly decide what options to pick...slant neck....torched...naked...minimal stamping....mmmmmm, yum.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Rolled the Kombi S in the shop today and I am out of love. Solid, but I don't need it. Betti 3C is in the line up now after a slight shave and the addition of a nice blue iomic.

Volvo Intorqueo

I am having similar issues, but more from a design side. I have several drawings on the desk and in some folders, but budget is not there to push all through to even prototype stage. I think that Chris Jordan, of SSB is in a similar way.

Of all the putters available, right now, I'm going to have to go "Homer" on you guys and say that if I were looking at putting a new putter in the bag, it would be the Ocracoke, by Sunset Beach. The last one I did up, with that little step on the heel end is my desktop and I drool over it, every day.

My older brother is still a putter ho and he is always sending me pix of awesome sticks. I look at them all, but the Ocracoke still settles in my heart.

Worst part? It isn't even from the "Designed by LaMont" series, LOL. We gotta love what we do, or it ain't worth doing, right?

With regards to the Kombi S, I can see where that one would be a putter that would sort of stick in your brain. It pushes some limits on looks, but at the same time, makes a guy wonder if it may be just the ticket. Just re-read your last post and was a little bummed that it fell out of your favor. But................I won't even start, ;-).

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

PS, thanks for the nods on the Carolina and Weaver's Needle, now the Hatteras from SSB. It is unbelievably cool to even be mentioned in this thread. Thanks for that.

I would kill for an 009 with an oil can finish, pirate stamp, POM stamp and bulldog stamp. Welded long neck, and beached. 340g at 34"

I an only dream at the moment but some day it will happen :)

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

• SPY VIP

I am having similar issues, but more from a design side. I have several drawings on the desk and in some folders, but budget is not there to push all through to even prototype stage. I think that Chris Jordan, of SSB is in a similar way.

Of all the putters available, right now, I'm going to have to go "Homer" on you guys and say that if I were looking at putting a new putter in the bag, it would be the Ocracoke, by Sunset Beach. The last one I did up, with that little step on the heel end is my desktop and I drool over it, every day.

My older brother is still a putter ho and he is always sending me pix of awesome sticks. I look at them all, but the Ocracoke still settles in my heart.

Worst part? It isn't even from the "Designed by LaMont" series, LOL. We gotta love what we do, or it ain't worth doing, right?

With regards to the Kombi S, I can see where that one would be a putter that would sort of stick in your brain. It pushes some limits on looks, but at the same time, makes a guy wonder if it may be just the ticket. Just re-read your last post and was a little bummed that it fell out of your favor. But................I won't even start, ;-).

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

PS, thanks for the nods on the Carolina and Weaver's Needle, now the Hatteras from SSB. It is unbelievably cool to even be mentioned in this thread. Thanks for that.

Getting the Betti back from regripping killed the need for Kombi for a while.

Like the Ocracoke too. Thanks for making me now start thinking about that and going off to check the SSB sale thread...

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived