Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Hey from VA! Scotty Putter Question

Greetings! I have been looking for information on this putter. It is a Newport 2 Long Neck, TEI3 Pro Platinum. It appears to be a generation 2 as the elastomer is visible around the insert. What's odd are the 2 lines around the TEI3 which were not on the generation 2. I have been looking for a putter like this for months and have not seen one like it. Look closely at the pictures and if you know about it or have a match please let me know. I have found an old blog that indicates it was manufactured during the transition from the generation 1 to generation 2. Scotty thought that the face looked busy and changed it up. I'm thinking that there are very few of these in existence but am trying to get as much info as possible. It has been sent to Scotty Cameron and they gave the putter an "A" rating which is authentic. Please help!

Thanks!

Newport 2 1.JPG

Newport 2 2.JPG

Newport 2 3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

what part of VA?

What's in my red Sun Mountain Swift X stand bag...

Driver-

:taylormade-small: .R1 TP white (set to 8.0*) with Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Flex shaft

FWY Wood-

:taylormade-small:  R9 15* 3 wood

Hybrid-

:taylormade-small:  Rescue11 4 hybrid 21*ish (lowered to play closer to a 3/4 hybrid).

Irons-

:taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Wedges-

:taylormade-small:   Tour Preferred 51*

:vokey-small:  SM4 54*

:vokey-small:  SM4 58*

Putter(s)-

:cameron-small:  Studio Design 1 (I need a new Pistolero grip) -this is the club that I am currently gaming-

:callaway-small:  Odyssey White Ice #7 with pink accents/orange Super Stroke 3.0

Ball-

:taylormade-small:  Tour Preferred x

:titelist-small:           Pro V1x

Shoes-

:footjoy-small:  Sport Spike less [black],

:footjoy-small:  Sport [white w/ black saddle]

Follow me on twitter at @Rien_Maolalaidh and instagram at @rien_o.maolalaidh

Cheers!

Hello BB, and welcome to the forum!!

As I have the 2nd Gen Newport 2 LN TEI3 PP, mine does not have the engraved lines around the "Te I3" nor does it have the crown on the face. I would definitely spend the money and send it back to Scotty, and obviously, I use his name in speaking of the company, because he will never see your putter, as they have so many blowing through there daily, and well, Scotty ain't there daily, lol.

I would definitely send it back to them to get it cleaned up and restored to what they call "Original Specifications." I would have them gather all of hte information that they can, and I would DEFINITELY  tell them to CONTACT YOU BEFORE BEGINING WORK..

You will then be able to find out the history and discuss the finish that is recommended and also if you want to deviate from Original Specifications, which I did on mine because I do not plan on selling it and even if I did, I I don't mind the hit($60-100).

I know that this doesn't really answer your question, though there were so many putters out there, and as you said, yours has a few different markings, and you might PM RookieBlue as he has forgotten more than most know about Scottys.

Me?

I just buy em, use em, then lose em in my basement ;)

The best with your search and send it back and clean it up, you'll love it when it comes back :)

All The Best,

Richard

Hey Richard,

Thanks for your reply. I have gotten the putter back and it was rated authentic. They tell me that they did make this putter in this finish, pro platinum. As you noticed, what's different about this stick is the fact that it appears to be a 2nd generation with 1st generations markings. I have been searching for a couple months and have not found another one like it anywhere. I will try to contact RookieBlue for more help. If you find any more info please let me know.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Orange, Big City!

ahh, I'm over near Winchester in Stephens City (more like a truck stop along the way to D.C, than an actual city destination lol).

What's in my red Sun Mountain Swift X stand bag...

Driver-

:taylormade-small: .R1 TP white (set to 8.0*) with Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Flex shaft

FWY Wood-

:taylormade-small:  R9 15* 3 wood

Hybrid-

:taylormade-small:  Rescue11 4 hybrid 21*ish (lowered to play closer to a 3/4 hybrid).

Irons-

:taylormade-small:  2014 Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Wedges-

:taylormade-small:   Tour Preferred 51*

:vokey-small:  SM4 54*

:vokey-small:  SM4 58*

Putter(s)-

:cameron-small:  Studio Design 1 (I need a new Pistolero grip) -this is the club that I am currently gaming-

:callaway-small:  Odyssey White Ice #7 with pink accents/orange Super Stroke 3.0

Ball-

:taylormade-small:  Tour Preferred x

:titelist-small:           Pro V1x

Shoes-

:footjoy-small:  Sport Spike less [black],

:footjoy-small:  Sport [white w/ black saddle]

Follow me on twitter at @Rien_Maolalaidh and instagram at @rien_o.maolalaidh

Cheers!

Archived