Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Sketchers Signs Matt Kuchar

SPY ZINGER

KUCHAR HAS A NEW SHOE DEAL:

Skechers has announced Matt Kuchar will be the first brand ambassador and face of the Skechers GOgolf line. The multi-year deal will feature the current 5th ranked player in the world in a global advertising campaign. Skechers GOgolf Performance Division will also collaborate with Kuchar on a namesake signature shoe line.

“We are excited to announce the addition of Matt Kuchar to the Skechers performance Division as we expand the Skechers GOgolf line,” said Robert Greenberg, Skechers' Chief Executive Officer. “Aligning with Matt is key to our overall growth strategy for the Performance Division and we know he will play an integral role in building brand awareness with both consumers as well as the discerning golf community.”

“Whether competing or practicing, I'm on my feet for hours, so the comfort and performance of my shoes is a critical factor in my success,” Kuchar stated. “In trying out the GOline, I was really pleased both with the shoe and with the Skechers Performance Division team. Their attention to detail and expertise in performance is impressive.”

Kuchar's addition marks the third elite, high profile professional athlete to join Skechers. On board since 2011, champion marathoner and Olympic medalist Meb Keflezighi recently extended his agreement by three years through 2016 and elite distance runner Kara Goucher signed on in May. According to the company, the expansion of the Skechers Performance Division comes when Skechers ranks as the third largest athletic shoe company in the US, according to Sportscan Data May 2014, and was recently named the “hottest major (footwear) brand in the US,” by Princeton Retail Analysis, Matt Powell, April 2014 Footwear overview.

“Matt brings a great deal of knowledge to our product development,” added Rick Higgins, VP of Merchandising/Marketing, Skechers Performance Division. “He offers all qualities we look for in a brand ambassador so we're thrilled to partner with him on our Skechers GOgolf line. We work closely with our elite athletes to build innovative footwear and Matt's insight will help fuse our existing award-winning technologies into our golf offering.”

Have a look at all of SKECHER Golf Shoe offerings:  http://www.skechers.com/men/styles/athletic-shoes/golf-shoes

Posted Image

Archived