TESTERS WANTED! ×

Lorena Ochoa has retired

Maverickping

Wow, I didn't know she was that young, isn't she pretty much on top of her game? Am I missing something here?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

She married Andres Conesa, a top executive at Aeromexico, late last year. I think she wants to quit to start a family. He already had three kids coming into the marriage so she's probably already busy with the step children.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Better for her to retire than just go through the motions as she has been doing for the past year.

Apparently, she'd rather deal with three stepchildren half her age than practice. Better her than me.

She'll be back.

Semper Fi

My Club

I'm just really shocked.Personally I love watching the woman play and I would think it has something to do with maybe having a child. I can't see this as permanent though.....

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I am sad, but we only get one lap through life and she is choosing what is most important in her heart. I hope that she does return, some day.

LaMont in AZ

PS, am I the only one who was blown away by how stunning she looked in her recent Rolex ad?

Just want to know what everyone thinks about Lorena's decision to retire from the LPGA tour? So young still and so, so good...

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

PS, am I the only one who was blown away by how stunning she looked in her recent Rolex ad?

Apparently. Stunning and Lorena have never crossed my mind at the same time. Nice girl though.

I think her exit is a positive thing. I got no enjoyment watching her slam her putter into the ground after missing a putt. Maybe it's because she didn't practice but she didn't make anything in the past year.

Semper Fi

My Club

Better for her to retire than be unhappy and just go through the motions as she has done for the past year.

I agree, if she is not happy, better to leave on top than to drag it out and be unhappy and slowly go down the ranks.

Maybe she will do Playboy now!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Sad to see such a great young player leave but like Bob said better to leave now instead of struggeling. I won't really miss her swing though. She had some weird neck move that she did right before she hit and it just drove me crazy. It always got me thinking how can someone hit a ball when they dont leave their head still?

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Archived