Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Should I upgrade my Callaway X-20 irons?

myndcraft

I have the opportunity to save a significant amount of money on any of the following sets

Callaway Apex
Callaway X2 Hot
Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wilson D100
Wilson C100
Wilson FG Tour M3

My question is should I? I have no issues with the X-20s and enjoy hitting them, but I'm wondering if any of these would be a significant improvement over the X20s. Obviously I would demo them all and get fit, but any general feedback about the above models would be great!

Well I will ask you a few questions to consider.

Does your 22s look good to you at address?

Do they feel good when you are hitting them?

Do you have confidence in them?

Are they worn out to where you cant hit them anymore?

My opinion if the answer to the first 3 questions is yes then I would not get rid of them. Number 4 can be subjective if it is just grips or shafts replace the grips and or shafts.

It just depends on if you just want new clubs. I do know some guys that just wanted new clubs and after the honeymoon was over wished they had their old sets back.

Personally I keep my old stuff besides my old mans set he left me I have 2 other sets that will never ever go anywhere untill they put me under.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Thanks for the comments everyone!

So my X20s do look good at address and I feel good hitting them, but I do seem to have dropped a club in distance over the last year.  My primary reason for taking a look at new clubs is the tremendous pricing available to me on them and the X20s would get handed down to my teenager whose new to the game so I view it as a win-win.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

So my X20s do look good at address and I feel good hitting them, but I do seem to have dropped a club in distance over the last year.  My primary reason for taking a look at new clubs is the tremendous pricing available to me on them and the X20s would get handed down to my teenager whose new to the game so I view it as a win-win.

I think you just answered your question.  All of the clubs that you mentioned come in lighter shaft options, that might be the ticket for you plus you'd need to get your kid a new set anyway.  Get the new set for yourself and watch him pick up that club you've lost plus with your old set.  My kid still has a set of Adams MB's that I gave him about seven years ago when I went to the irons that I'm just replacing - that's been a trek but settled on the C-100's. 

Good luck

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What Rev said.....I gave a friend that bought a set of Burner lookalike so from Giga a Golf about 4 years ago. Now they look like crap, but he can shoot in the low 70's.....so they stay in his bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived