Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Why Is It?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

That almost every putter designer copies the Circle T concept. I just saw ANOTHER designer doing this. That makes I think 5 that I know of that put a circle around their TOUR ISSUE putters.

How lame is that???

#TruthDigest

That of course is very lame, the newest thing I have seen, and I don't like it is, The Backstrike

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I am going to market Circle A putters. The old punk rock symbol for anarchy.

Probably describes most amateurs' putting more accurately than "tour"

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

:lol: good point xxio. Although most everyone in the putter industry is due some karma on that fact. I do know though that Scotty knows what he is doing in regards to design. He might put out the status quo designs that sell...but he is absolutely knowledgeable about the flatstick. I just think that he has to pull back from doing even more creative designs because of the feedback he gets from them.

It is unfortunate I feel because people say they want him to come up with unique designs and when he does they get shot down quickly even though I feel they are some of the best around. I enjoy when he pushes the envelope.

Karma on Scotty?

#TruthDigest

I have two circle t scottys and other manufacturers using similar designs is almost like complementing Scotty on a great design :D

Who cares about whats stamped/engraved its the putter that is the design as it will affect the feel

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

<_ good point xxio. although most everyone in the putter industry is due some karma on that fact. i do know though scotty knows what he doing regards to design. might put out status quo designs sell...but absolutely knowledgeable about flatstick. just think has pull back from even more creative because of feedback gets them.>

It is unfortunate I feel because people say they want him to come up with unique designs and when he does they get shot down quickly even though I feel they are some of the best around. I enjoy when he pushes the envelope.

Putter designs for me are a whole different thing from ideas like the Circle T. I was not really referring to copying putter designs. I feel there are too few designs out there and I agree the radical ones that may work get shot down pretty fast or don't sell well enough to live on. I still marvel at the success of the two ball. I had a Futura and after having a machine shop make a heavier horseshoe it was a very good putter.

I was referring more to things like the Leica dot, Jackpot Johnny, etc.

Archived