The shaft feel is important. The right angle of attack and loft is important. But if you have a shaft that is moving all over the place, your up the well known creek.

What I have proven with this method is the right shaft can bring the golfer to hitting the center of the club face more consistently. And, it will actually increase the golfers swing speed. Those are the most important factor of a driver.

The old fitting instructions. No Tip. Is rediculous. I am seeing better performance with tips as much as 4 " off the tip. I am talking better spin, launch angles, variance, and distance.

But you are right about feel. My shafts don't feel broady with huge tips. Strange but true.

I agree with you up to a certain point. However, a shaft is not capable of moving all over the place by itself. Its behaviour is dictated by how the golfer swings it, and how the golfer swings the shaft, is highly dependent on how the shaft feels to him.

But one point I think we definitely will agree on, is the value of properly fitting. We live in the age of instant gratification, and it is so easy to buy a golf club online without going through a fitting session, only to find that after the honeymoon period, the golf club is awful for the golfer. The the golf goes on his search for a better game once again. Its a complete waste of money.

He should get himself fitted for the best performing driver for his own swing characteristics. The numbers don't lie. Your wallet and your golf game will thank you for getting fitted. 

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Back to my original premise which might have been clouded thinking, I think it's neither the club head, nor the golf shaft that matters. It's in the golfer's head, how the club feels to him, and how he swings to feel "comfortable" with the new club head / shaft combination. In some ways it's the Indian, not the arrow, at least not just the arrow.

Feel and sound matters, and provides the feedback to the golfer which ultimately affects performance. This is where golf fitting comes in. Taking the numbers,and feedback from the golfer - too light / too heavy, too flexible / stiff / boardy, the fitter relies on his knowledge of what he has, put together a combination that works best for the golfer.

Now in my bag:

TM SLDR 10.5 Deg with Matrix Ozik 6Q3 S flex

TM VSteel 15 deg 3 wood

Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 18 deg Diamana Red Board Stiff

Titleist ZB Forged Iron 3-PW DG S200 Steel Shaft

Cleveland CG15 46, 52, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Del Mar