Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

This is the kind of comparative discussion we need around here.

A couple questions though. How comparable are the numbers when a monitor uses an algorithm versus your trackman data? What is the margin of error? For the average golfer that carries a handicap will the 2 yards difference matter?

Will the ES14 or SC100 work for someone who wants to tinker with driver lofts and fine their average carry distances?

My question boils down to this, does the AVERAGE golfer get enough data from this to do a comparable (let's say 85-90%) of what trackman can do? I know there is more and more accurate data but does that extra 1-2 yards of carry really make a difference to your 5-25 handicaps? I don't think so.

And that's where the argument of cost vs benefit comes in. Would you pay an extra $9750 for the higher accuracy and extra data? I wouldn't.

But is it that simple?

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the kind of comparative discussion we need around here.

A couple questions though. How comparable are the numbers when a monitor uses an algorithm versus your trackman data? What is the margin of error? For the average golfer that carries a handicap will the 2 yards difference matter?

Will the ES14 or SC100 work for someone who wants to tinker with driver lofts and fine their average carry distances?

My question boils down to this, does the AVERAGE golfer get enough data from this to do a comparable (let's say 85-90%) of what trackman can do? I know there is more and more accurate data but does that extra 1-2 yards of carry really make a difference to your 5-25 handicaps? I don't think so.

And that's where the argument of cost vs benefit comes in. Would you pay an extra $9750 for the higher accuracy and extra data? I wouldn't.

But is it that simple?

I think the SC100 or ES12 would be more than enough to compare and tweak. You may have to eyeball things like how it launches but you would definitely get a good idea if one setting worked better than the other. But if you were trying to max out your distance with a driver trying different shafts then you would definitely want a high end launch monitor

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Archived