Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best Golf Courses in Seattle area

Hello, 

I just moved to the Seattle, Washington area and I am wondering if any of you guys have any favorite courses in the area that I make sure I add to my "Must Play" list?

So far I have only been able to play two municipal courses in the city: Jefferson Park and West Seattle.

Top 5 Lists are encouraged.

Thanks!

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

Hi Daniel,

First let me welcome you to MGS.  I read all of the comments on the other threads, and I am happy to see sponsors that interact with forum members.  I don't participate much, but I try to read most of the posts, commenting only when I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute.

Welcome to the great Pacific Northwest, even if you are on the "wet side" of the state.  As to courses, I don't get over there a lot, but I have played some nice courses over the years.  I have played Jefferson Park several times and it is a decent muni.  Others may jump in here that are more familiar with golf in Seattle, but there are several courses that I particularly liked. 

1. Gold Mountain - Two 18 hole courses, Cascade and Olympic.  Can't go wrong with either one; I think Olympic is the more difficult.  It's hosted several championships, and prices are reasonable.  Beautiful courses.
  2. The Home Course - Home of the WSGA and PNGA; great course and reasonably priced.  The US Women's Amateur Public Links is this week.
  3. Chamber's Bay - Of course you have to play here; US Open next year.
  4. Druid's Glen - Very scenic, tough course; well for me anyway!

If you want to drive an hour or so (depending where in Seattle you live), I highly recommend Suncadia, just off I-90 past Snoqualmie Pass near the town of Roslyn (featured in the TV show Northern Exposure from years ago).  Suncadia has 3 courses; one private and two public courses, Prospector and Rope Rider.  Beautiful, but a little expensive.  Rope Rider is closed on Tuesdays; Prospector is closed on Wednesdays.

Hope this helps!  

Enjoy your 80 degree days!!  It's 105 over here 200 miles to the East!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hi Daniel,

First let me welcome you to MGS.  I read all of the comments on the other threads, and I am happy to see sponsors that interact with forum members.  I don't participate much, but I try to read most of the posts, commenting only when I feel I have something worthwhile to contribute.

Welcome to the great Pacific Northwest, even if you are on the "wet side" of the state.  As to courses, I don't get over there a lot, but I have played some nice courses over the years.  I have played Jefferson Park several times and it is a decent muni.  Others may jump in here that are more familiar with golf in Seattle, but there are several courses that I particularly liked. 

1. Gold Mountain - Two 18 hole courses, Cascade and Olympic.  Can't go wrong with either one; I think Olympic is the more difficult.  It's hosted several championships, and prices are reasonable.  Beautiful courses.
  2. The Home Course - Home of the WSGA and PNGA; great course and reasonably priced.  The US Women's Amateur Public Links is this week.
  3. Chamber's Bay - Of course you have to play here; US Open next year.
  4. Druid's Glen - Very scenic, tough course; well for me anyway!

If you want to drive an hour or so (depending where in Seattle you live), I highly recommend Suncadia, just off I-90 past Snoqualmie Pass near the town of Roslyn (featured in the TV show Northern Exposure from years ago).  Suncadia has 3 courses; one private and two public courses, Prospector and Rope Rider.  Beautiful, but a little expensive.  Rope Rider is closed on Tuesdays; Prospector is closed on Wednesdays.

Hope this helps!  

Enjoy your 80 degree days!!  It's 105 over here 200 miles to the East!!

Kenny, 

Thanks for the recommendations. I live downtown Seattle, so none of the courses that you mentioned are too far away from me.

I have also heard great things about the Gold Mountain-Olympic courses. Probably more than any other course in the area. I think they are consistently voted the best course you can play in the state of Washington, and the green fees are around $40-75. I will definitely make time to get over to Bremerton. 

I am actually scheduled to play Druid's Glen next Tuesday. I am looking forward to it even more now that you have recommended it to me. 

Hopefully, I will get a chance to play all of the courses you listed.

Thanks for the list!

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

Archived