TESTERS WANTED! ×

2010 Callaway X-24 Hot Irons

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Had heard about these a couple months ago but could not get any development pics of them before today.

Here is a sneak-peek pic of the new Callaway X-24 Hot Irons...with much more and also better pics to come later today so keep checking back!

x-24-2.jpg

x-24-3.jpg

#TruthDigest

Wow, those are some eye catching irons!

Driver: Ping G410 10.5* w/Hazrdus Blk 6.0 (S)

Fairway W: Ping G400 3 Wood w/stock (S)

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr Lo 3 w/stock (S)

Irons:  Ping i210 4-PW w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 48, 52, 56 w/Dynamic Gold 120 (S)

Putter: Odyssey 3T

Ball: Taylormade TP5 X 

those don't look to bad. I like the fact that they dont look very bulky in that picture.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

I'm not really sure about how I feel about these. I would never play them, and i'm not a Callaway fan, but they don't look terrible.

They look HOT!

Sorry about that one (pardon the pun), I had to do it.

I'm not feeling it with these. They look cheap and clunky and the paint doesn't help.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Funny thing is, My boss says to me Yesterday.... "Callaway has a new Iron out".. I reply.. "Let me guess.. X-24???" Golf companies have gotten so predictable, that it is becoming sad. Ping G 20 and I 20 on the way... and a new Burner

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

It looks like they needed to bring a new iron out but didn't have any ideas on a new design that was better than the X-22's. So they gave it a paint job and, viola! The X-24 HOT!!!!!

Funny thing is, My boss says to me Yesterday.... "Callaway has a new Iron out".. I reply.. "Let me guess.. X-24???" Golf companies have gotten so predictable, that it is becoming sad. Ping G 20 and I 20 on the way... and a new Burner

I think the new Burner is slated to be called the SuperDuper.

In my KZG Stand Bag:

919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)

919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)

KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)

KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)

KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)

Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33"

My Golf Blog

My Scorecards

Typical Callaway: same irons, different paint job.

Agreed 100%. X20, X22, X24... Blah, blah, blah.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

• SPY VIP

Love the smokey finish, but I'm not a big fan of the orange, but of course, I'm not a big fan of much color beyond paint fill in my irons. Let the metal show.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I love the black/dark look, but I'm not a fan of the orange... maybe if only the X was orange???

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

I love the black/dark look, but I'm not a fan of the orange... maybe if only the X was orange???

That might work. I guarantee that if you took a poll and asked users to rank the best looking irons, nothing with any ornate cavity fill (X series, TM Burner, etc.) would even rank. Golfers seem to appreciate clean, sleek lines, and not a lot of unnecessary contributions from what I'm guessing is color-happy folks in the marketing department.

Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

That might work. I guarantee that if you took a poll and asked users to rank the best looking irons, nothing with any ornate cavity fill (X series, TM Burner, etc.) would even rank. Golfers seem to appreciate clean, sleek lines, and not a lot of unnecessary contributions from what I'm guessing is color-happy folks in the marketing department.

Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?

The thing about the flash color on Irons these days, is that it makes them stand apart from the others on the wall in the shops..

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Like the smoke finish, orange is OK, from a marketing stand point these will stand out on the retailers display. I would want to know how they differ from X-22's? One thing Callaway needs to change is their steel shaft philosophy. You cannot convince me that Uni-flex steel shafts fit every golfer....no way..

Like the smoke finish, orange is OK, from a marketing stand point these will stand out on the retailers display. I would want to know how they differ from X-22's? One thing Callaway needs to change is their steel shaft philosophy. You cannot convince me that Uni-flex steel shafts fit every golfer....no way..

I made the same comment (hate the uniflex) about their Diablo forged irons. How are you going to charge a premium price for your irons and stick a "one size fits all" shaft in there? Now it's entirely possible that it's a great shaft and it fits a ton of golfers, but my perception of uniflex is that you're being cheap.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I dig these! The orange looks sharp to me on the smoke/black iron. I would dump the "HOT" name though. I would want to see top line as well. If they are anything like the current Diablo Forged then I would bag them.

I agree 100% about the uniflex shafts. I went to Carlsbad to go through a fitting session and my 6 iron SS was between 99-102 mph. No way that flimsy uni-flex shaft could handle that. They put me in Project X 6.5 so clearly, the stock shaft is NOT for everyone.

Archived