Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

REMEMBER THE HAMMER

LMAO must have been an enormous amount of beer :)

Enough that when it showed up at my door I had no idea that I had even ordered it........the Mrs. had to remind me.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

From 2006 through 2008 I competed in super senior division Long Drive competitions with an Xfactor Super Pro head (USGA legal big brother of the Hammer) on a Grafalloy Prototype BiMatrix X stiff flex shaft at 50" LDA measurement (48 1/2" USGA measurement). Back then I was hitting consistently 325 plus with that set up. Took me to the regional championships 2 years in a row. Those heads really do work!!! I still hit that head today on a  R flex shaft and occasionally get it out to 290. Not bad for and old fart of 63. I told Jack several times his info-mercial was really bad, but I loved his drivers!!!

Enough that when it showed up at my door I had no idea that I had even ordered it........the Mrs. had to remind me.

LOL that's funny.... 

Not sure what's worse waking up to getting the hammer driver in the mail or a new wife in Vegas.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Your response made my day. Maybe even my entire week. 

Sounds like you were "HAMMERED"

That reminds me of the morning after when you are trying to piece the pieces together of what the hell happened last night. POW!!!

post-54443-0-07055700-1406684950.jpg

I was cruisin the channels last night and found a tv show titled... Long Drive Contest.

It was on some obscure channel so I selected it......WOW! POW! BANG! It was the New HammerX driver!

See newhammerx.com

It looks like a mallet putter with a Big Face....it advertises "a $500 value for $99.

Anybody Game?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

As I said earlier, I hit Xfactor in LD competition a long time ago. The SuperPro is a great driver head. Later on, when Jack was developing the HammerX he sent me one of the prototypes and later on one of the production models to try. I never warmed up to them, but this year I decided to give it another try. Right now I'm bagging a HammerX on an R flex Grafalloy Pro Launch Red and getting impressive results. I think the best thing I can say is it "feels" very easy to swing. Not a lot of effort gives me the same distances that I'm used to getting with other drivers. And then when I give it that little extra I get big returns.

LOL that's funny.... 

Not sure what's worse waking up to getting the hammer driver in the mail or a new wife in Vegas.

I would have at least hit the new wife a few times before the annulment......can't say the same for the Hammer.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

• 2 weeks later...

I had to jump in and comment in this. I bought the Hammer back in 2001 for $300. I was all excited about it. First time I took it out to the range I left with that sick feeling in your stomach when you know you just got suckered out of hard earned money.

The truth is the shaft on the Hammer is so darn limp that it only really works if your 90+ year old grandma is the one swinging it. The flex is so bad that I could literally hit 90 degree slices. So I threw it in the closet at my parents house, thinking I'd never see it again.

About a 6 months I was visiting my parents and came across the Hammer. Seeing as how I know much more about golf today than I did back then, I was curious as to how the Hammer would hit if I replaced the shaft with a stiffer one. So I spent the money and fitted it with a UST Mamiya Gold 65 stiff flex shaft. The results were shockingly awesome.

The Hammer head on a real shaft gave me a driver that I hit straight every time and that I was hitting 20-35 yards longer than my other drivers. I couldn't believe it. Too bad this head isn't regulation because, if it was, I'd definitely use it in tournaments.

Holy smokes...that infomercial is awesome. "The Hammer Eeexxxxxx!" Love it. And the shaft..."shaped like a sword..." Fantastic. Next time at the range, I'm yelling "Aaaaarrrrrr!" at least once.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

• 6 years later...

First time I’ve seen the Hammer in-person! Played in the Sim today, and they had one in there for folks to use. Hideous, and the shaft was like a rubber hose.

5C188790-E385-4031-9657-B1A793B05941.jpeg

75212153-238B-4C42-9DAA-4F1ECBF6B8A8.jpeg

A0576FC4-E260-484C-A0C3-CC7A55CD3CD1.jpeg

8B31938C-0FAE-4548-AAC3-6C57180E9AB8.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX