TESTERS WANTED! ×

(REVIEW) BEST GRIP - IF YOU WEAR NO GLOVE

griecot313

BEST GRIP NO GLOVE

I have been playing golf 40 years without a glove, could not afford them when I was little, never felt right when I was older and could afford them. I have been a single digit handicap most of my life, currently a 1 with 105 mph Driver swing speed, carry my 7 iron 155. I play once or twice per week and hit balls before each round and at least once more per week. I play in some of the hottest, most humid weather and I don't like scrubbing my grips if I don't have to.

I have been searching the internet for years looking for good data on grips that perform best without a glove in all types of weather. Most threads start out with someone asking that question and then arguments ensue over which is better without ever doing a fair comparison.

So I decided to take matters into my own hands (pun intended). I purchased 1 each of all the top mentioned grips; Winn Dry-Tac , No1 48 & 50, Iomic Sticky 2.3 & X Evolution, Lamkin i-Line & UTX, Pure grip DTX & P2, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack and my old reliable Tour Velvet Cord.

I took them out for 20 rounds in the hottest most humid conditions Florida could offer. Yes it looked funny but I had one of each grip on my clubs. Here are my findings.

#1 – FEEL

In order from softest to the most firm: Winn, No1's, UTX, Sticky 2.3, Pure P2, Super Tack, Pure DTX,        i-Line, X Evolution and then Cord being the firmest. There was a big jump between the No1's and the Sticky 2.3.

#2 – GRIP

In order of those that provided the best grip in hot, humid conditions: No1's, Sticky 2.3, Pure DTX, i-Line, X Evolution, Super Tack, Pure P2, UTX, Winn and Cord. There were two noticeable gaps. First was between the i-Line, and the X Evolution, then between the Super Tack and the rest.

#3 – WEAR

Inconclusive to this point. I played with them for the 20 rounds and about 20 range systems and saw no significant wear. I will continue the hodgepodge of grips on the rest of my clubs for the entire season to get a better idea of longevity. There are 3 exceptions though, the UTX, Winn and Cord took an early exit. To be blunt, it seemed like a waste of time.

#4 – CONCLUSION

If you don't wear a glove and struggle with your grips, there are alternatives out there. If you like soft, I would go with the No1 48 hands down. It is very sticky and feels cushiony without being squishy with the 50 a close second (a little squishy). If you like a firmer grip, I would use the Sticky 2.3 with the Pure DTX and i-Line close behind.

It is also no coincidence that the No1's and Iomic Sticky are the most expensive. If you are trying to save some money, the Pure DTX and Lamkin i-Line are good alternatives.

It is also worth noting that of the grips I recommended, the Sticky 2.3, i-Line and DTX installed beautifully with air and masking tape. The No1's required double sided tape.

I would also like to point out that I paid for all these grips myself and will eventually cut off good grips to make them all the same. So if a manufacturer is reading this and wants to send me a dozen, I would be more than happy to accept. Sorry Winn, no thanks.

Wow! Nicely done.

When I started playing golf, I used a glove like most everyone else, but it never felt like I had control of the club. Just couldn't find a glove that fit perfectly. And I was tired of the nicely tanned right hand and pure white left hand. :)

I liked the Golf Pride New Decade grips, but they got hard and slick pretty fast. I live in the desert, so don't have humidity, but the many days over 100 in the summer and below freezing in the winter take a toll on grips. Last year, I switched to Pure P2 and I like them a lot. After a year of playing several times a week, they are still very tacky and never had a slip problem. I recently put a DTX on my driver and I think I will be using that grip from now on. It's really the only grip I have ever used where I can grip loosely and don't feel like I'm going to lose it. Plus, I have taken it off and put it on several different clubs with air, and it still works great. No more grip tape for me!

It's nice to know that it will do the job when I travel to more humid locations. Thanks for checking those grips out.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Great job and welcome! I can tell you what will beat them all hands down for feel, longevity, and tackiness. In fact they get even tackier with moisture.  Once you try them, you will not go back to rubber. They are Bestgrips' hand stitched genuine leather micro-perforated, infused with Pro-tac grips. There is a thread here showing how they compare to rubber after a 4 year toture test left out in the sun even. 

Their quality is unmatched.  I was like you, I tried a lot of grips. NDMC was my favorite.  But I was always trying to scrub the slick off to get them to feel tacky. If you really want to try something that will blow everything away, give them a try.    bestgrips.com

I tried one. Then promptly put them on my whole set. The owner is great and can do any number of customization for you. Check out all the custom stuff while you're on the website.  No setup fees for one time orders even. I am glad I found what he has to offer. 

I will give Best Grips a try.

I have to admit that I purposely left them out of the review. I am old enough to have played leather grips and I can tell you, there were good reasons why rubber took over the industry. My nephew recently asked if he could have my old turn table because vinyl records are making a comeback. I spent an hour explaining to him why he was an idiot, then gave it to him anyway. 

However, a true tester keeps an open mind, so I will place the order today.

I have to admit that I purposely left them out of the review. I am old enough to have played leather grips and I can tell you, there were good reasons why rubber took over the industry. My nephew recently asked if he could have my old turn table because vinyl records are making a comeback. I spent an hour explaining to him why he was an idiot, then gave it to him anyway. 

However, a true tester keeps an open mind, so I will place the order today.

Cool. You'll be glad you did.

I have to admit that I purposely left them out of the review. I am old enough to have played leather grips and I can tell you, there were good reasons why rubber took over the industry.

Much like the Ford F150, there is considerable difference in a 1974 and a 2014.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I'd try a Gripmaster as well.  And if you can find a set of the Caldwell Gripmasters (they have Caldwell goldleafed in the front of them), they'll be even cheaper.  Full set for like $75. Genuine Leather as well

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'd try a Gripmaster as well.  And if you can find a set of the Caldwell Gripmasters (they have Caldwell goldleafed in the front of them), they'll be even cheaper.  Full set for like $75. Genuine Leather as well

I know where you can get a deal on an '86 XLT, low milage, minimal rust,  Cadwell Gripmasters are 7 years old. 

I know you and Zack are friends. But Their product isn't the only leather product out there. I know, you want to be buddy buddy and talk his product up. Fanboy #1. Zack, give the man a discount, he's met the quota for mentioning your product for the day. 

Now that that's out of the way, I'd put Gripmasters product up side by side with Zack's product any day of the week. And the Caldwell version is a great version for someone wanting to try leather without paying an exhortbant amount. And guess what, leather doesn't go bad, especially a leather grip that's been stored. Do you replace the leather in your vehicle yearly? No. Didn't think so.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am friends with Zach.  But that is not why I use his product of have spent my money on his product.  I also am friends with JBones but don't use the cable company he works for.  I preach the virtues of Best Grips because they really are the Best Grips. 

When I went to Canada, and met Zach I did not have any, and honestly did not pay much attention to it. Like most people I thought a grip was a grip.  I was given one, not a set, one.  I already owned two Bidwell grips, that I had bought off eBay and honestly thought, woppedido, why would I want to spend $16-19 per grip?  Just for leather?  Hell no.

However, I found that unlike the Bidwells I owned, these were treated and became tacky when wet.  Well, I became a convert.  I have no idea if Caldwell, made in Australia, have the tacky feel or not.  Why would I spend $19.99 for something from Australia when I can get something certainly as good or better made in the Great State of Texas, USA.

The fact I am friends with him has noting to do with it.

Bidwells and Caldwells are 2 different grips.  Caldwells are made by Gripmaster, Bidwell aren't.  Comparatively speaking, if I can get 13 grips made by Gripmaster for $75 (which is what the Caldwells sold for last time they popped up), that's $5.75 per grip and made by a quality company and is a quality product, I'm going that way, especially if I'm someone that's looking to TRY a leather grip.  I don't care where they're made.  Quality is quality any way you slice it.  No sense demeaning product just because you've either A) not tried it, or b ) are a fanboy/are partial to a product.  Gripmaster started the latest leather grip revolution.  I own some of Zach's product currently.  It's not on a putter because it's more a display piece than functional (the Tiffany is slick, Zach told me it would be slick, I knew that going in, because you can't treat that colored leather with a tackifier.  I accepted that.  But I can't use it around here because of conditions (sweaty, it gets slicker.  Rain it gets slicker.  etc).  I've also got a few of their standard grips as well that are tacky and they're fine grips.  I've got some gripmasters, they're fine grips as well.  I'm going to try one of the Gripmaster oversized putter grips next.  

In The Bag

Bidwells and Caldwells are 2 different grips.  Caldwells are made by Gripmaster, Bidwell aren't.  Comparatively speaking, if I can get 13 grips made by Gripmaster for $75 (which is what the Caldwells sold for last time they popped up), that's $5.75 per grip

Perhaps you should post a link so that Griecot can check it out, because all that I find is $20-25-30 on eBay. 

Did you miss the part that said "if you can find a set"?  They're out there, and they pop up from time to time.  They're not there right now, but there will be sets out there.  I do know someone that has about 500 of them as he bought them when they liquidated them a while back.  

In The Bag

As far as gripmaster vs Best Grips.  Gripmaster also offers a wrap grip which isn't anywhere to be found on Best Grips site.  Their grips also taper slightly more than Best Grips do.  There are subtle differences in the grips that can change everything for the user, as the grip is personal.  That's why I also suggested that one give them a try, because they might be just different enough to make the difference, and when one is looking for their perfect grip, they should exhaust all options.

In The Bag

Did you miss the part that said "if you can find a set"?  They're out there, and they pop up from time to time.  They're not there right now, but there will be sets out there.  I do know someone that has about 500 of them as he bought them when they liquidated them a while back.  

My mistake, I thought he want to try them now. Not at some mythical point in the future.  And they liquidated most of them 6 or 7 years ago.  Which pretty much brings us full circle. 

Good night

Anyone ever tried wrapping the end of a shaft in hockey tape? Costco sells 12 rolls for $10 it's the good stuff too ;)

My Bag

TM R9 10.5 deg

TM r11 13.5

TM RBZ 2.0 Tp 21 deg

TM SLDR 5-p Xstiff Ctaper hard stepped 1 1/2 ext 3 deg upright

Cobra trusty rusty 51,55,59 deg

Nike method core MC01w

My mistake, I thought he want to try them now. Not at some mythical point in the future.  And they liquidated most of them 6 or 7 years ago.  Which pretty much brings us full circle. 

Good night

Like I said, you can choose to continue trying to be a dick and be the loudmouth spokesperson for Best Grips and interject them in every thread that mentions leather, grips, or leather grips if you choose.  That's on you, and maybe you'll get 15% off your next order.

As far as them popping up, I have an alert set for eBay for several items.  A set of Caldwells popped up a week and a half ago.  And since you decided to skip the entire rest of what I posted as well as admitting you've never played Gripmasters, I'll retype it for you.  Want big font so it's easier to read as well, since I know you guys in Texas like everything bigger, including your opinions.  

As far as gripmaster vs Best Grips.  Gripmaster also offers a wrap grip which isn't anywhere to be found on Best Grips site.  Their grips also taper slightly more than Best Grips do.  There are subtle differences in the grips that can change everything for the user, as the grip is personal.  That's why I also suggested that one give them a try, because they might be just different enough to make the difference, and when one is looking for their perfect grip, they should exhaust all options.

In The Bag

One more post then I'm out.  If you'll read, since you want to seem to try and be a dick.  The first post I made said try a Gripmaster (their brand and what's available right now).  And then followed it up with "if you can find them, the Caldwell version" which is a cheaper alternative.  Alternative meaning it's an alternate choice.  Reading comprehension.  Or is it you saw me type Gripmaster and immediately had to respond?  And I'm dropping the mic and leaving on that note.

In The Bag

One more post then I'm out.  If you'll read, since you want to seem to try and be a dick.  The first post I made said try a Gripmaster (their brand and what's available right now).  And then followed it up with "if you can find them, the Caldwell version" which is a cheaper alternative.  Alternative meaning it's an alternate choice.  Reading comprehension.  Or is it you saw me type Gripmaster and immediately had to respond?  And I'm dropping the mic and leaving on that note.

I believe if you check back I did not mention Best Grips in my first, or second post.  It was Blade and you who brought them into the picture.

First post, I pointed out that leather grips of today are not the same as a number of years ago.

Second post, well, in a smart aleck way that may not have been totally called for, I hoped to bring to light that Caldwell Gripmaster has not been making grips for several years.  Any grip with their name on it will not be made recently.  You made it sound like he should check his local golf shop to get these "Caldwell Gripmasters."  My point is they will be the dusty ones.

The third post was the first mention I made of Best Grips.

I also never claimed to use a Gripmaster.

Wow, came in to give some insight and see GripMaster and Best Grip fanboys going at it.

So, to get back on topic, I will give my two cents on everything I've tried.

I used to be "a grip is a grip" guy, it didn't matter what I used. This was mostly due to the fact that I NEVER played in the rain and I always used a glove. After starting to play tournament golf, I could no longer avoid weather. So, I started trying different grips; I'm not going to go into brands, because they were all rubber. I finally settled on the NDMCs and had them on my last four sets. Due to being a strong swinger I still had some slippage issues, so I just had to use better gloves. My first experience with leather was not good; I got a putter that had a GripMaster grip on it and I hated it, it felt really firm an really slick; this steered me away from leather all together and I continued playing my NDMCs. Last fall, I got the chance to go to TX to play with a few MGS members, including the owner of BestGrips. The only thing I knew of BestGrips was that they were a forum sponsor and posted pictures of some cool stuff, but I was in no way interested in leather. When we got to TX, it was pouring rain. After 4 holes of my clubs literally flying out of my hands and watching Mr BestGrips swing full speed, I had to give them a try. Two swings with a club gripped with BestGrip MicroPerfs and I was completely sold. I ordered 16 grips (and paid full price for anybody thinking this is a fluff piece). I now only use a glove with driver, simply because I swing so hard. I will never play another grip. Now this doesn't mean I think less of any other leather grip maker, this is the only thing I have to go off of. I will say that I have swung leather wrapped clubs and wasn't a fan. So whatever brand you choose, my strong suggestion is to check out a perforated leather.

I was also there. I did not order any grips until after this episode. They were really no big deal in Vancouver with Sunny and 70°. Add 9" of rain in 24 hours and you can really be sold on them.

And I have not worn any golf since buying these.

Wow, came in to give some insight and see GripMaster and Best Grip fanboys going at it.

So, to get back on topic, I will give my two cents on everything I've tried.

I used to be "a grip is a grip" guy, it didn't matter what I used. This was mostly due to the fact that I NEVER played in the rain and I always used a glove. After starting to play tournament golf, I could no longer avoid weather. So, I started trying different grips; I'm not going to go into brands, because they were all rubber. I finally settled on the NDMCs and had them on my last four sets. Due to being a strong swinger I still had some slippage issues, so I just had to use better gloves. My first experience with leather was not good; I got a putter that had a GripMaster grip on it and I hated it, it felt really firm an really slick; this steered me away from leather all together and I continued playing my NDMCs. Last fall, I got the chance to go to TX to play with a few MGS members, including the owner of BestGrips. The only thing I knew of BestGrips was that they were a forum sponsor and posted pictures of some cool stuff, but I was in no way interested in leather. When we got to TX, it was pouring rain. After 4 holes of my clubs literally flying out of my hands and watching Mr BestGrips swing full speed, I had to give them a try. Two swings with a club gripped with BestGrip MicroPerfs and I was completely sold. I ordered 16 grips (and paid full price for anybody thinking this is a fluff piece). I now only use a glove with driver, simply because I swing so hard. I will never play another grip. Now this doesn't mean I think less of any other leather grip maker, this is the only thing I have to go off of. I will say that I have swung leather wrapped clubs and wasn't a fan. So whatever brand you choose, my strong suggestion is to check out a perforated leather.

Nope not a Gripmasters fanboy either. I personally don't use leather at all. I own some and have them thrown in a grip drawer, and have tried several different ones by different brands. I prefer NDMC's myself because I use a midsize grip and no leather maker can get the size correct for one, and for 2, I don't like wrap grips and stitchbacks rub my hands raw. I was just giving the OP another option in his quest for his perfect grip.

That is till captain blow hard decided that he had to defend his bestie's honor or whatever the hell it was. Just like he tried to do with a forum sponsor on here and has been called out on by X on. Any time anyone mentions another leather grip, it's captain save-a-hoe to the rescue for his buddy.

In The Bag

That is till captain blow hard decided that he had to defend his bestie's honor or whatever the hell it was. Just like he tried to do with a forum sponsor on here and has been called out on by X on. Any time anyone mentions another leather grip, it's captain save-a-hoe to the rescue for his buddy.

I think people can look back on this thread, and Ace's original thread, and see that I was not the one who brought up Best Grips either time. 

On Ace's thread, I was thinking of Bender and several others, who I do not believe are forum sponsors, that have come in and start threads about their product. 

I did not know at the time Ace was a sponsor at the time, but I did know who was no longer a sponsor so I did not mention them.  If they are a sponsor then they certainly pay for the right to post whatever they want.

I was actually referring to Striker Golf and Heidi who were at least here with MGS permission, when I made the comment about participation.  She and they were in several threads not hocking their wears, but contributing.  Ace, I have noticed, has also replied in several threads contributing and not mentioning their product, so bully for him. 

Because everyone knows I have been on the MGS Tour trips with Zach, X assumed I was referring to him, but I was not.

It was you, who has just stated does not even use any leather grips, who advised the OP to buy some product that is no longer readily available and, if found, has been sitting around for several years. They may be okay, and you may also get a heck of a deal on speaker or tennis shoes from a guy in a van on the corner.  I just would never advocate those.

I think people can look back on this thread, and Ace's original thread, and see that I was not the one who brought up Best Grips either time. 

On Ace's thread, I was thinking of Bender and several others, who I do not believe are forum sponsors, that have come in and start threads about their product. 

I did not know at the time Ace was a sponsor at the time, but I did know who was no longer a sponsor so I did not mention them.  If they are a sponsor then they certainly pay for the right to post whatever they want.

I was actually referring to Striker Golf and Heidi who were at least here with MGS permission, when I made the comment about participation.  She and they were in several threads not hocking their wears, but contributing.  Ace, I have noticed, has also replied in several threads contributing and not mentioning their product, so bully for him. 

Because everyone knows I have been on the MGS Tour trips with Zach, X assumed I was referring to him, but I was not.

It was you, who has just stated does not even use any leather grips, who advised the OP to buy some product that is no longer readily available and, if found, has been sitting around for several years. They may be okay, and you may also get a heck of a deal on speaker or tennis shoes from a guy in a van on the corner.  I just would never advocate those.

Read again.  I do not use them on my clubs excluding the putter (which is why I mentioned what I used on my clubs).  Does not mean I don't have experience with them and does not mean I do not own any (I have a few different leather grips on a few different putters as well as a few leather grips that are in my grip bin).  I CHOOSE not to put them on clubs because of the aforementioned reasons.  I also stated why I recommended trying Gripmasters, because they're different, and I believe the OP is trying to find the best grip FOR HIM.  Meaning he's willing to explore ALL options to find HIS preferred grip.  Right or wrong?  So finding a grip that has a different shape (the Gripmasters taper more, which some people actually prefer), or a different design (they're also offered in a wrap grip as well as a seamed grip that has a tucked seam and not just the stitchback) is disadvantageous to one trying to find the best grip for their own self now?  

And you're right, you didn't bring Best Grips up.  But it didn't stop you from interjecting that they should be the only option for leather in either place.

In The Bag

And you're right, you didn't bring Best Grips up.  But it didn't stop you from interjecting that they should be the only option for leather in either place.

I never said they were the ONLY option nor did I say you had no experience with them.  But at least you were able to get through a complete post without cursing and name calling. 

OP,

you've open the gates of forum hell.

Sincerely,

Everyone at MGS.

Seriously though. Can't we all get along? Haha.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• 1 month later...

I don't want to start any more arguments but I do want to follow up with my grip experiment results. All the grips held up pretty well to a regular schedule of 36 holes and 3 range buckets per week. The only negative thing I will say is that NO1 grips do not like being re-used. Other than that, I will focus on the positive and provide my honest opinion. Yes, I tried leather as well.

NO1 grips are the best, if: 1. You don’t wear a glove. 2. You like a softer grip. 3. You like using double sided tape. 4. Once installed, you don’t touch it until time to change. 5. You change your grips at least once a year.

IOMIC Sticky 2.3 are the gest grips, if: 1. You don’t wear a glove. 2. You like a firmer grip. 3. You like using just masking tape and no glue. 4. You fiddle constantly with your clubs taking the grips on and off.

PURE DTX are the best grips, if: 1. You don’t wear a glove. 2. You like a firm grip. 3. You like a grip with texture (rough surface). 4. You like using just masking tape and no glue. 5. You fiddle constantly with your clubs taking the grips on and off.

You mentioned you tried the leather as well? What is your feedback/experience on those? I'm genuinely curious seeing as how it didn't make your top three!

And which grip(s) did you try in the leather options?

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Three letters,  CP2.  check em out..

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

PURE DTX are the best grips, if: 1. You don't wear a glove. 2. You like a firm grip. 3. You like a grip with texture (rough surface). 4. You like using just masking tape and no glue. 5. You fiddle constantly with your clubs taking the grips on and off.

Agree on the Pure DTX. Last time I wore a glove was about 4 years ago while in Florida during the summer.  Muggy and hands were wet with sweat.  I still have that glove in my bag.  Since Pure came out with the DTX, I don't think I will ever need to use a glove again.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived