Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Taylor Made Rossa Spider Vicino

SPY ZINGER

There has not been much written on the Vicino, so I decided to post some pics of new gamer in case you guys are interested in them. I will write up a review after a couple more rounds. So far, I am really liking the performance of the AGSI groove technology and the feel of the carbon insert. I custom ordered this one from TM at 33", 69* and 3* loft. I wish the weights could have been ordered heavier, no idea why they would not allow you to order them with heavier weights.

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Thanks Sactown for the pics...they came out great. So you liking that carbon insert?

I wish that I could get the close-up pics to come out that nice :D

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

i like this look better than the Original Spider or the Itsy-Bitsy

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

How about the carbon face insert??? mixed reviews from my guys so far....

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

i love the mechanical look. it looks so industrius <_>

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

Thanks guys...no real secret to the pics. I just put it to the macro setting (flower) and always take them with no flash and natural sunlight.

The carbon face provides a solid, yet muted feel to it. It really is unique. I am really impressed with the roll so far, but have only played one round with it so far.

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

Demoed one of these yesterday. The feel off the insert is amazingly better than the Bolero or other models IMO.

CS and regular shaft models both put a great roll on the ball with nice feedback.

Want to try it on a sunny day though to see if the top metal is too reflective.

Seems like it will be huge in the bag though.

Anyone gaming a spider have an opinion on how it fits in the bag?

Volvo Intorqueo

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the Itsy Bitsy Spider and really like the way it works for me. I've got a pretty much straight back/forth putting swing and it is balanced great. I'm not REAL crazy about the feel of it though and I'd like to try the Vicino simply to give the insert a chance to convert me. ;)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

• SPY VIP

Took it out on grass for a demo and the top silver was distracting at some angles as the glare picked up. Really like the insert though. Feels like it grabs the ball almost like velcro.

Will likely pick one up when TM does their end of summer price cuts...

Volvo Intorqueo

Thanks for the pics. I have noticed some on the PGA Tour. I had a Spider but felt like the face insert was a little too soft. I think soft faces make judging distance harder as you do not get as much feedback. IMHO

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter

Thanks for the pics. I have noticed some on the PGA Tour. I had a Spider but felt like the face insert was a little too soft. I think soft faces make judging distance harder as you do not get as much feedback. IMHO

The new insert on the Vicino is composite. It feels pretty firm, not like a metal insert, but firmer that the previous Spiders in my opinion.

Posted Image

• 6 months later...

I bought one of these on Sunday and played a round with it the same day i was holing putts from everywhere all day.I have tried and bought lots and lots of putters (do have a rep for being a club ho) and always went back to my Sabertooth but that is now in the spare club collection.I am pretty sure its not the honeymoon thing the roll on these is amazing, line up put a good stroke on it and it tracks right on the line you want.I did find all of the long putts were too strong all day but made them coming back.Hoping to adjust on the longer putts after a few more rounds.I also found the way they have bent the shaft plus the weighting and head design makes it easy to bring the putter back and through on a good line (i can sometimes suffer from my putter heading wandering offline on the backstroke)Anyway all i can say is GET ONE!

Archived