TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Community Labs - SCOR Short Iron Testing

GolfSpy WD

RR, you just described my full shots! :)

It does not matter as long as they are consistent and repeatable.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and yes.   I've heard they will have v-soles and that they will integrate into existing Scor offerings.  

I saw no loss of distance or control with my 9 replacement.   They bent it to 40 for me at the factory.   Only quibble was shaft length, I ordered 3/4" long and it came REALLY long.  I had to cut about 1/2" off to match my existing 9.   But it has been a beauty for me along with the others.   I'm wondering how long the Scor has to be before I start screwing it up.   Probably around a 7 iron, i'm thinking.

The Scors have been the best, most substantial club replacements I've done in about 5 years.  They just go where I point them and to that consistent distance every time.   They've made me more dependent on my laser, however.   It's no longer good enough to gps a pin and get in the general vicinity.   Now I want to know exactly how far so I can choke up on a club if necessary.

Yes, and yes.   I've heard they will have v-soles and that they will integrate into existing Scor offerings.  

I saw no loss of distance or control with my 9 replacement.   They bent it to 40 for me at the factory.   Only quibble was shaft length, I ordered 3/4" long and it came REALLY long.  I had to cut about 1/2" off to match my existing 9.   But it has been a beauty for me along with the others.   I'm wondering how long the Scor has to be before I start screwing it up.   Probably around a 7 iron, i'm thinking.

The Scors have been the best, most substantial club replacements I've done in about 5 years.  They just go where I point them and to that consistent distance every time.   They've made me more dependent on my laser, however.   It's no longer good enough to gps a pin and get in the general vicinity.   Now I want to know exactly how far so I can choke up on a club if necessary.

Their standard length is 1/2 over so called normal standard I believe.  So that's your extra 1/2". 

Cost and availability are the two reasons why you don't see more SCORs in people's bags.  If they had some POS visibility they would sell more wedges beyond a doubt.

I can't wait for the Hogan release either.My distances are different from Markb's but my issues are the same, I'd love to see a fully integrated set through the 4 iron.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I wasn't a part of the testing, but I can provide some feedback here too.

I will preface this with, yes I switched the Ben Hogan irons (from AP2s) after I started playing SCOR after finding out SCOR were going to be releasing Hogan irons.  

After three rounds and some range time with the SCOR wedges (43,47,51,55,59), I feel like I'm cheating when I get to put one in my hand.  I am not sure I am still in the honeymoon phase or my "mishits" still end up consistently closer to the hole than I am used to.

The only thing that is different for me is the size difference the 43 SCOR wedge has vs. my AP2 9 iron.  It looks significantly smaller, but I guess the area you hit the ball is actually the same or even maybe a little larger.   With that being said, I talked to Barry at SCOR asking if they can bend a 41 degree head to a 39 to replace my 8 iron.

driver -  Titleist 913D3 8.5 Diamana Black X 72g 
hybrid -  Adams IDEA Pro A7 17 degree
irons -   Ben Hogan 3-8 APEX FTX 
scoring clubs - SCOR4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
putter -  Odyssey Tour Black #2
ball -  Titleist ProV1x

I will preface this with, yes I switched the Ben Hogan irons (from AP2s) after I started playing SCOR after finding out SCOR were going to be releasing Hogan irons.  

After three rounds and some range time with the SCOR wedges (43,47,51,55,59), I feel like I'm cheating when I get to put one in my hand.  I am not sure I am still in the honeymoon phase or my "mishits" still end up consistently closer to the hole than I am used to.

The only thing that is different for me is the size difference the 43 SCOR wedge has vs. my AP2 9 iron.  It looks significantly smaller, but I guess the area you hit the ball is actually the same or even maybe a little larger.   With that being said, I talked to Barry at SCOR asking if they can bend a 41 degree head to a 39 to replace my 8 iron.

For starters welcome - if I hadn't done that earlier!  For nexters the feedback is appreciated - this was a community forum and so a new thing in testing.  We started with three testers and several SCOR users have joined in.

Great feedback, please post often!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Their standard length is 1/2 over so called normal standard I believe.  So that's your extra 1/2". 

Cost and availability are the two reasons why you don't see more SCORs in people's bags.  If they had some POS visibility they would sell more wedges beyond a doubt.

I can't wait for the Hogan release either.My distances are different from Markb's but my issues are the same, I'd love to see a fully integrated set through the 4 iron.

Barry was somewhat reluctant to bend a 41 to 40 for my 9 iron, but he did it in the end.   It will change the way they dig, however.

Regarding shaft length, I actually gave them the overall length in inches that I wanted the 40 to be cut.   Must be that we measure in different ways, because it came out LOOOONG.  No problem, I cut it down and put on a Speedblade ribbed grip so I would have the same feel.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I also had a conversation about length with Barry.  They measure the same way Titleist does and different than Callaway & TaylorMade.  It is measured to "grip" line near the end of the shaft and not to the end of the grip is what I was told.

ball -  Titleist ProV1x

I also had a conversation about length with Barry.  They measure the same way Titleist does and different than Callaway & TaylorMade.  It is measured to "grip" line near the end of the shaft and not to the end of the grip is what I was told.

Well that would account for about 1/4" or so.

That's true.  It is only 1/4".

@markb - how many rounds do you have with SCOR?  What is your thought on wear/tear?  I hit a small pebble in the bunker yesterday and maybe I am being picky, but it has made a noticeable mark vs. other wedges I have owned (Titleist/Cleveland).

ball -  Titleist ProV1x

I've got maybe 20+ rounds in with some of them.   The 41 (40) was bought new from Barry.   The 45 is pretty new, but bought used, the other three were bought used for $99 total with fair wear and even minor browning.   This has affected their spin NOT ONE BIT.   If I found a cheap used one on ebay in better condition than the ones I've got, I'd probably buy it and switch out.   But I don't see me swapping them soon just cause they're aging.   I'm the kind who doesn't care what his clubs look like.   You can usually find the Scor you need on ebay for $35 to $75, if you're patient.   I've seen 5 club sets go for $200 to $250.

Curiously I have three different shafts and grips on them.   The 41 has a Speedblade grip and a Genius 9 to match the 85 gram TT dynalites of the Speedblades.  The 45 has a Scor Lamkin wedge grip and the Genius 12.   The other three have black Lamkin wedge grips and S300s.   I don't notice any shaft inconsistencies.    You DEFINITELY want that long wedge grip on your chipping club, and I'd advise buying spares if you order from Scor, because they are harder to find from Lamkin in white or black.

That's true.  It is only 1/4".

@markb - how many rounds do you have with SCOR?  What is your thought on wear/tear?  I hit a small pebble in the bunker yesterday and maybe I am being picky, but it has made a noticeable mark vs. other wedges I have owned (Titleist/Cleveland).

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined.

I have had my 54 & 58 SCORs for over a year. There are some marks on the sole and leading edge that you will get hitting out of bunkers and dirt. You are going to get that with these forged clubs; they're soft. But that is a reason why they feel so good and work great. Your other wedges are likely cast, so they're harder and less likely to get dinged. I had Vokeys but never really cared for the feel.

I knew this when I bought them as I tried a demo out of sand and a small rock dinged the leading edge. But they work so well that I knew I wanted them anyway. I try to keep them looking as good as they can (I think they are beautiful), but they will look scratched after normal use

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have two SCORS that are 2 years old. I still bag the 60 and while there are dings it continues to perform admirably. I just gave the 55 away to a serviceman because I purchased a 53 that fits my needs better than the 55. It looks like it's 2 years old but works fine. Of course I have a 48 and a 44 as a part of this test. They look very new and should continue to do so because I'm not using them out of traps. I have hit around 500 balls with each.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have two SCORS that are 2 years old. I still bag the 60 and while there are dings it continues to perform admirably. I just gave the 55 away to a serviceman because I purchased a 53 that fits my needs better than the 55. It looks like it's 2 years old but works fine. Of course I have a 48 and a 44 as a part of this test. They look very new and should continue to do so because I'm not using them out of traps. I have hit around 500 balls with each.

Thanks RevKev.  Member of the month - Congrats!

And thank you KennyB for the welcome.

ball -  Titleist ProV1x

You are welcome and thank you tTimes5b! 

I had a great chip in with that 48 yesterday.  The first time I used it was at TPC Sawgrass and the first shot was an impossible chip that I hit perfectly - it is my go to club around the green.

I love that club! 

I know that the thread was primarily about full shot dispersion but with wedges there are other factors.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I bought a 42 yesterday; can't wait until it gets here. That completes my set of SCORs at 42, 46, 50, 54, 58. Interesting t5timesb, you have the odds and I have the evens.

Played today and had 3 shots with SCORs from the fairway to less than 4 feet. Also had a chip-in with my 46. Loving it!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I bought a 42 yesterday; can't wait until it gets here. That completes my set of SCORs at 42, 46, 50, 54, 58. Interesting t5timesb, you have the odds and I have the evens.

Played today and had 3 shots with SCORs from the fairway to less than 4 feet. Also had a chip-in with my 46. Loving it!

How do we help SCOR get more traction in the market place?

I played with one of the pros at Sawgrass and he had never heard of SCOR until I hit the chip of a lifetime and he wanted to see my wedge.

Perhaps being linked to Hogan will do the trick. I have nothing against the OEMs but these clubs do deliver and should have their place in people's bags.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

How do we help SCOR get more traction in the market place?

I played with one of the pros at Sawgrass and he had never heard of SCOR until I hit the chip of a lifetime and he wanted to see my wedge.

Perhaps being linked to Hogan will do the trick. I have nothing against the OEMs but these clubs do deliver and should have their place in people's bags.

The biggest hurdle that they face in our shop is Brand Recognition.  When a fella comes into the shop to get a new wedge, he is 70% of the time after a Titleist or a Cleveland. The rest of the time he is discount shopping.  If I show him a SCOR wedge for $30 more than a Titleist Vokey wedge, I get some pretty funny looks, no matter how good it is. 

Even after I persuade them to try it on the range, and it outperforms the Others, most guys are going to pick what they are familiar with, or what they see on TV. It is a perception thing.  "I've never heard of it, it must not be any good, why is this guy showing it to me??" 

I cannot tell you how many times I have had this EXACT interaction since this test started...  I try to include a SCOR option for all of my wedge customers, and to a man, they look at me like I handed them the biggest SPIF club in the shop.  Even my regular customers that I have been dealing with for years.  

I have to think that some infomercials on the Golf Channel, (I know, expensive but worth it) would really help drive the message.  

The new price of $119.99 would have to help, but this remains to be seen..

I hope that it goes good for them. I love these clubs!!!  I will continue to show them to everyone looking for a shortgame club. 

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Finally broke down and ordered a 54 to test out. Assuming it goes half as well as all of you have been doing I'll start replacing other wedges too. The first two should be easy with a 58 and then a 50 to replace my Speedblade 50. Then if I keep going I have a question. Have you guys went into the 9i/PW replacements by getting the same loft as what you are replacing, or by gapping off the other wedges?

Gapping says gets 42/46 in Scor, but loft for loft replacement would be 39.5/45. I don't want to end up with a huge gap between 8i and first Scor.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Finally broke down and ordered a 54 to test out. Assuming it goes half as well as all of you have been doing I'll start replacing other wedges too. The first two should be easy with a 58 and then a 50 to replace my Speedblade 50. Then if I keep going I have a question. Have you guys went into the 9i/PW replacements by getting the same loft as what you are replacing, or by gapping off the other wedges?

Gapping says gets 42/46 in Scor, but loft for loft replacement would be 39.5/45. I don't want to end up with a huge gap between 8i and first Scor.

I would think that Mark should have some input here, as he has been replacing Speedblades.  I personally have the same lofts as my 9 and Pw. (46° and 50°) Distances are as expected. If I were in your shoes, I would try to  find even loft gaps between my lowest lofted SpeedBlade, and Lw. (If you are replacing the 9 iron at 39.5°, then the 8 iron is 34.5°, so My calculations go like this... 58-35=23° separation for  5 clubs, or 4 and 5 degree gaps. 58, 54, 50, 45, 40. After you get them, I might hit them, and then tweak the lofts to fit the actual distance gaps better.  

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Great suggestion and input from a guy who knows.

I just worked my SCORs out on the range with targets from 58 to 110. Fun little game where I pitted chock downs verses full verses three quarter swings. The victors are enjoying a cigar and a scotch. Alright so are the runners up. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The one golf store in this region has a couple of pros that have heard of SCOR, and one has hit them. But one is Nike and the other is Titleist. They don't have any to show.

I replaced the same lofts as the i20 9-iron, PW, GW. I had old Eye2 SW and LW that I replaced with SCOR last year. The SCORs are actually about 1/2 club longer.

When I ordered the 42, I thought I heard Barry said something about the SCORs when the Ben Hogan line comes out. Like he wasn't sure if the SCORs would stay the same or get worked into the Hogan clubs. For sure he said that the v-sole would stay. I was hoping that the Hogan line would have irons with a similar design to SCOR so that they would blend nicely. With a 9 SCOR, I would only need 5-8 to match.

Scor is having a "private" sale right now. Meaning they sent out the email to everyone on their email list. Price is $109 each if you order one or two and $99 each if you order 3 or more. It says limited to stock on hand so I'm assuming this is the closeout pricing to make room for new models this year.

I got a 54 on eBay that should be here tomorrow. If it works out I'm going to pick up two or three more. Hard to pass up at $99 each when they are $60-$75 used.

I heard essentially the same thing as Kenny B.   Whether Scors stay or go, replaced by offerings of Hogan/Scors, I don't know and don't care.   I would not replace the Scors I've got for forged Hogans with a v-sole even.  When the Hogans come out, I intend to buy 5-8 equivalents -- or perhaps II should say clubs in 24, 28, 32, and 36 degree lofts.  The Scors have got me to stop thinking in terms of numbers on the bottoms and think lofts and lengths.  Ignore the Scor ordering matrix.  Order your Scors in the exact same lofts and lengths and shaft types as your current clubs so you can really compare apples to apples.

I have a 17 and 20 degree Speedblade 3 and 4 and those are staying.  Likewise the 40, 45, 50, 54 and 58 Scors are staying.  On Saturday I hit Scors to within 6 feet on four consecutive holes and made 3/4 birdies.   Nothing could pry them from my hands at this point, they just get better and better. My SB 8 has now become my "fuzzy" club -- the one I don't know where its going.   It used to be the 9 and before that the PW, until they were replaced by Scors.

The Speedblades (phenomenal clubs) basically gap in 5 degree increments in order to spread a set across a much wider yardage spectrum. Scor doesn't like this spread and prefers 4 degree gaps at the low end in order to allow you tighter full shot options.  But my Speedblade iron range goes from about 240 down to about 80 over an 11 iron set 3 - LW.   True, the SB SW and LW are crap and very iffy, but the same number of Scors mated with traditionally lofted long irons would top out with a 3 iron at about 24 degrees going only 205 and being pretty hard to hit in the process.  

True, the bottom end of the range is much more important than the top end of the range because it's where more shots are hit.   But if you stuff the bottom with clubs and forego the top, you have NOTHING that can fill that hole.   At the bottom you can at least open and choke your 54 to make it perform like a 58.

So I dare not drop my Speedblade top end.   I first dumped my SB GW for a 50 in the same length and saw no difference in carry length.  Overall length, yes -- because the Scors have more backspin, but not carry length.   Then I replaced the 45 PW.  No difference in length.   Then I replaced a 55 ATV SW with a 54 Scor.  Finally I dumped the SB 9 with a Scor 41 bent to 40.   No difference in length, no excess digging with the sole.  I couldn't be happier.   I believe the SB 8 is 36 and coincidentally this is the same loft as the old Hogan Apex 7, so I may try that over the winter and re-shaft to my exact length.   Yes, the extra length of modern GI irons does come from their jacked lofts and long shafts, but that's not really it.   The ease with which you can hit the 17 degree GI 3 irons and how easily they soar ALLOWS us hackers to benefit from their length that was formerly only available to players who could actually hit a 1 iron.  Trust me, I'm of the age where I well remember the old Tourney VIP 1 irons.  I could make good contact maybe 1 in 10.  Now, even my bad SB 3 irons go 225.

But at the low end of the spectrum, maybe 8 and below, ANY HACKER CAN AND PROBABLY SHOULD HIT FORGED IRONS.  Scor made a believer out of me on this.

I'm also gonna buy a full set of 1999, 2003 or 2008 Apexes and see how they compare to the new Hogans when they come out.   That should be a fun review!

Well I was planning on dipping my toe in the water, but in the time it took to deliver the first Scor I ordered I did a cannonball into the deep end and picked up another 3 to fill out my set.  I went 45, 50, 54, & 58 to replace PW, AW in the speedblades and my 54 & 58 mack daddy's. 

I'm not sure I'm going to get a great feel for what they can do with the remaining few weeks of our MN season, but they are going straight into the bag for however many rounds I can still get in.

You won't regret it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hey guys. First post for me on the MGS forums or any golf forum for that matter. I've only been playing for 3 years so I've just been trying to take in as much information as possible. I really haven't been compelled to comment on anything until now. As of this year I've been able to consistently shoot in the mid 80s and I'm down to a 15 handicap. I've gravitated towards the reviews on MGS as well as the forums here. You guys are excellent. In my short time golfing I've played Taylormade, Titleist and Cleveland wedges. My short game has always been the weakest part of my game. Typically I'd rather lay up to a full pitching wedge than anything inside 100 yards due to lack of confidence. A few weeks ago I went for it and purchased some SCOR wedges based on the reviews here. I ended up getting the 54 and 58 and a 50 to replace my G25 U wedge. The 54 and 58 replaced 56 and 60 Cleveland 588 RTX wedges for me. I've been able to get a ton of practice and a handful of rounds in with them and the difference to me is amazing. I feel like I can hit any chip or pitch with full confidence and I'm already seeing drastic improvements in my short game. Definitely a big improvement on mishits for me. Just wanted to share with you guys in case anyone was on the fence about whether or not to try them. I definitely think they're worth the chance. Once I get more data and rounds in I'll give a more in depth review but so far so good.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Hey guys. First post for me on the MGS forums or any golf forum for that matter. I've only been playing for 3 years so I've just been trying to take in as much information as possible. I really haven't been compelled to comment on anything until now. As of this year I've been able to consistently shoot in the mid 80s and I'm down to a 15 handicap. I've gravitated towards the reviews on MGS as well as the forums here. You guys are excellent. In my short time golfing I've played Taylormade, Titleist and Cleveland wedges. My short game has always been the weakest part of my game. Typically I'd rather lay up to a full pitching wedge than anything inside 100 yards due to lack of confidence. A few weeks ago I went for it and purchased some SCOR wedges based on the reviews here. I ended up getting the 54 and 58 and a 50 to replace my G25 U wedge. The 54 and 58 replaced 56 and 60 Cleveland 588 RTX wedges for me. I've been able to get a ton of practice and a handful of rounds in with them and the difference to me is amazing. I feel like I can hit any chip or pitch with full confidence and I'm already seeing drastic improvements in my short game. Definitely a big improvement on mishits for me. Just wanted to share with you guys in case anyone was on the fence about whether or not to try them. I definitely think they're worth the chance. Once I get more data and rounds in I'll give a more in depth review but so far so good.

Welcome jbil8802! Where are you playing? There are spies everywhere.

Glad you enjoy MGS. Great people here. I joined last year for the same reason you did.

The SCORs are nice. I started with 54 & 58 last year and they were a big improvement to my short game. When the forum testing started, I followed it and the guys here FORCED me to buy the 50, 46, and 42. (Just kidding). I am playing the Ping i20 irons and I like them, but I thought the SCORs would help on approach shots. For once, I was right (however, my wife won't say that I was ever right). I replaced the U wedge and the PW. I finally caved last week and ordered the 42 to replace the 9 iron. I would replace more if they had them.

Welcome!!  I am glad that you were able to use some of the information here to improve your game!!  I will keep saying it..  The SCOR scoring clubs have changed the way I feel about the game from 130 and in..  It's all good now..  If only SCOR would make a putter.

This is awesome to read.  Hopefully you'll stick your nose in and contribute lots more.  If the new forum director consortium is out there here's a potential tester for an upcoming project please!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Thanks guys. I play in south central PA just north of Maryland and about 30 minutes west of Gettysburg.

I was able to get a round in this morning. First hole is a short par 4 about 330 yards downhill. Hit a good drive about 3 yards short of the green and was able to use my 54 to get up and down for a birdie. Second hole is a 520 yard par 5 that doglegs left. Hit driver followed by a 3 hybrid to about 25 yards short of the green into the rough on the right. Used my 58 here since I shortsided myself and had to get over a bunker. Took one bounce, hit the pin and ended up about 4 feet away leading to another birdie. Par on the par 3 third with a GIR. The fourth was another short but tight par 4. Hit a drive that left me 115 out. Hit the 50 to 10 feet and made another birdie. After that thoughts of breaking 80 crept in and I cracked under the pressure but the SCORs continued to perform well. I had par at worst on the holes where I was able to use a SCOR for my approach shot. Out of the three greenside bunkers I used the 58 and it worked brilliantly. Typically I can't get out of a bunker to save my life. Ended up with an 82 which I'm perfectly happy with for where I'm at.

Hopefully I'll be able to play a decent amount throughout the winter. Might have to pick up a 40 and 45 to replace my 9 and PW in the spring.

Hope this helps and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

I may have said this before, but the Scors have actually encouraged me to Tee It Forward.   The reason being that I want to hit them more often and by moving up I can get all my approaches in Scor range, avoiding 7 and 8 iron approaches.    It's not pushing me, but it feels good.

Archived