TESTERS WANTED! ×

SPY PICS! - Taylormade Ghost Putter

GolfSpy_X

I can appreciate the idea of contrast against the green, but what about the total lack of contrast against the ball? One reason I like black putters is that they frame the ball so nicely; that would be totally lost with this.

Aside from the color, the headshape does nothing for me, I'm not a mallet guy.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I like the color, I've always wondered about a white putter, but I think it needs a dark faceplate for contrast, or a dark line across the top front. The style is pretty generic, but I do like the inserts on thier other putters.

Also, there's no way to scoop a ball with this putter, I hate that!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

It actually does have a black face insert...take a look at the top picture and you can see it. Unless you were referring to something different.

I like the idea of contrasting with the green grass - but....it needs some contrast with the ball - maybe a black face insert to help frame the ball.

#TruthDigest

If it is basically the opposite premise of the Nike iC (the Taylor Made is made to stand out, the Nike blends in) I wonder which one actually makes more sense?

I remember those Nike putters and that idea of making it blend in. Not sure what the point/logic behind having the putter blend in is. To me, the contrast makes it easier to line up the putter. It might be different from person to person - some might like contrast, others might benefit from the blending.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Space Ghost would definitely game that....

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I remember those Nike putters and that idea of making it blend in. Not sure what the point/logic behind having the putter blend in is. To me, the contrast makes it easier to line up the putter. It might be different from person to person - some might like contrast, others might benefit from the blending.

I think the concept of the NIKE IC putters was to have the green grip, shaft, putter head blend in with the turf but it had bright white alignment lines that then "POPPED" and let you focus only on lining up the putt. They were pretty ugly though.

Kinda like the white putter concept but I'm not a fan of this style. Looks really clunky and cheap.

• SPY VIP

Shape looks well thought out and balanced. I think we are looking at the future of putters, less milling and more molding. If you don't like color, your not going to like John Daley's Fashions either.

Love Daly, can leave this one though... Maybe the spider will work better.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I saw this live a few days ago. not for me, but I bet we sell a bunch.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 3 weeks later...

I rolled a few with this in our indoor putting room the other day. It was a much brighter white than I thought (again, indoor though). I liked the size of it, but it wasn't anything special IMO. John, if you are talking to Nic, then yes we are selling Backstrike putters (I'm his co-worker).

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. We have sold some, but it seems like the White Hot/White Ice are easily outselling Backstrikes. They haven't really taken off like a lot of people thought. Maybe it will just take some time for people to warm up to them.

Zebra used to have the White, Grey and Black heads back in the day. I never liked the White head then as I thought it looked a little girlie. Feel the same about this one.

KWheels 

I read somewhere that Dave Stockton was part of the design team for the Ghost. Not sure if thats true, but right now, I would think that would be a big selling point.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Zebra try this once?

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter

Did anyone else watch the Memorial Skins game on Wednesday? Sean O'Hair has a white anser style putter in his bag with an insert and it sounded very "clicky". It could have just been the microphone, but it didn't sound nice at all.

Did anyone else watch the Memorial Skins game on Wednesday? Sean O'Hair has a white anser style putter in his bag with an insert and it sounded very "clicky". It could have just been the microphone, but it didn't sound nice at all.

I guess the sound could change from the different inserts. Sean O'Hair's had what looked to be the normal red AGSI+ insert but they have several for those who want firm or soft feel.they have a stainless (silver) a red one and i can't remember the other but I think they are all different materials for feel???

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472