Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

First Look – Mizuno 2015 MP-Series Lineup

So after a few rounds, I'm glad I bought the H5s. Plenty of forgiveness but still great feel off strikes.

The big winner for me is the T5 wedges though. I've hit some really really good shots from 110-in that were just phenomenal. Maybe I get along with the grinds, or the bounce options are right for me, but I'm loving these wedges. Very soft yet good with distance control.

Come on ..........

you know you have a "bag three"..........

good to here that the new we t is working out, Are the H-5's as forgiving as the VRS Forged ?  Ball flight ?

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Come on ..........

you know you have a "bag three"..........

good to here that the new we t is working out, Are the H-5's as forgiving as the VRS Forged ?  Ball flight ?

I think they are on par with forgiveness to the VRS Forged.  Ball flight is really solid.  I've found it easy to hit it low as well as high.

No bag three.  Trying to sell the V2s, and putting some heads on shafts in order to get rid of more stuff!

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

• 3 weeks later...

I added the MP - H5 3 - 6 irons to my bag about 3 weeks ago to supplement my set of MP 54's.  The H5's have the XP 115gm stiff shaft soft stepped and are 1/2" longer.  They are decidedly more forgiving than the 54's and a delight to hit.  The 5 and 6 iron spend the most time in the bag and the 3 and 4 iron are in and out depending on the course I play and my needs.  I also have the JPX 850 3 and 4 hybrids.  The hard part is wanting to have them all in the bag but that stupid 14 club rule just gets in the way.

In the past I tended to hit the ball with a low trajectory but now with the H5's I'd say it's more mid to high.  The ability to hit a low shot though also makes these irons very versatile and I am glad I went with them.  The combination of the MP 54 and H5's works very well too.

Cheers

Greg

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

• 4 weeks later...

I've never hit a Mizuno club.   Yet I give them the highest marks for engineering, quality, and performance.  They've shaped my perception, yet never tempted me to buy a club.   How can that be?   I think it's because I don't think I can buy my way to a better game with Mizuno.  I think Mizzy is for players who already have games.

The illusion that we can buy our way to a better game is what sells clubs.  If I had the skill to hit a forged blade, I'd run straight to them.   But as a Joe Hacker, I want to buy my 17 yards more, not earn it.  

If my perception is any indication of how they are perceived in the market at large, any step that Mizuno can take via bold colors or more splashy tech will help with this false perception and sell more clubs.

I've always felt the same. I assume they are super great clubs but I never really want to buy them. I will say that I have played Titliest, Cleveland, Ping, Callaway and Mizuno wedges and the Mizunos have been my favorite by a long ways. So SOOO soft. Great feel. I should just bite the bullet and go back to Mizuno wedges and probably irons. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

I have the 59's already. The shafts in them currently are no longer an option for me, so looking to do a re-shaft on them. But, if the 15's were a patent improvement in forgiveness and maybe the cavity insert feels a little better, I may have considered just trading them in and having the a set of the 15's built. After eying up the 15's in the local big box, I didn't see a huge difference from my 59's, so I just wanted some feedback on these areas I mentioned if someone had a chance to hit both. Sounds like your experience kinda backed my impressions.

mr_divots....if you are looking for some shafts, I pulled the Dynalite85S from my Cobra Bio Cell's replacing them with P{roject X 5.0 graphites.  The Dynalites are 85 gram but Stiff and still contain the grips.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

mr_divots....if you are looking for some shafts, I pulled the Dynalite85S from my Cobra Bio Cell's replacing them with P{roject X 5.0 graphites.  The Dynalites are 85 gram but Stiff and still contain the grips.

I don't think he can hear you foz...

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• 3 weeks later...

Archived