GolfSpy MBP

First Look – Mizuno 2015 MP-Series Lineup

Our Sponsors

FROM THE BLOG

First Look – Mizuno 2015 MP-Series Lineup

http://www.mygolfspy.com/mizuno-mp-15-h5-irons-t5-wedge-and-jpx850-driver/

Mizuno looks to be welcoming 2015 with some bold color and irons that scream to be bagged. 

What do you think of the blue & bold? Too non-traditional for Mizzy or just a sign of the times?

2-drivers-small.jpg

Bag-Below.jpg

LDM6228.jpg

• Like 1

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

These I can get excited about.

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

They're bringing the 1 iron back in the h5 line up. I'm liking that companies are starting to offer options other than hybrids for the long clubs

• Like 3

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Those irons....... drooling....

Going to be a toss up between those and the Nike MMProtos irons

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Those irons....... drooling....

Going to be a toss up between those and the Nike MMProtos irons

The mm protos look better I think

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I've never hit a Mizuno club.   Yet I give them the highest marks for engineering, quality, and performance.  They've shaped my perception, yet never tempted me to buy a club.   How can that be?   I think it's because I don't think I can buy my way to a better game with Mizuno.  I think Mizzy is for players who already have games.

The illusion that we can buy our way to a better game is what sells clubs.  If I had the skill to hit a forged blade, I'd run straight to them.   But as a Joe Hacker, I want to buy my 17 yards more, not earn it.  

If my perception is any indication of how they are perceived in the market at large, any step that Mizuno can take via bold colors or more splashy tech will help with this false perception and sell more clubs.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I've never hit a Mizuno club.   Yet I give them the highest marks for engineering, quality, and performance.  They've shaped my perception, yet never tempted me to buy a club.   How can that be?   I think it's because I don't think I can buy my way to a better game with Mizuno.  I think Mizzy is for players who already have games.

The illusion that we can buy our way to a better game is what sells clubs.  If I had the skill to hit a forged blade, I'd run straight to them.   But as a Joe Hacker, I want to buy my 17 yards more, not earn it.  

If my perception is any indication of how they are perceived in the market at large, any step that Mizuno can take via bold colors or more splashy tech will help with this false perception and sell more clubs.

Nah, I don't buy that. YOU might think that for yourself but, I've played Mizzys for a long time. I certainly don't have the game that a lot of the guys here have. I just like the way they feel and look. My playing them has nothing to do with "having game". If that were the case, Mizuno would be out of the golf business because there aren't enough "players" to sell to.

Dude, you are a hcp 2 and you don't have game???

So what should the rest of us do? :D

• Like 4

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 9* w/ Aldila Rogue MAX 65 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black S 80
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I definately don't have the game that's the norm here (I'm just a lurker here), but after just two years of playing/learning with a good coach, and being able to try lots of name clubs, the Mizuno forged JPX irons have a feel and accuracy I've found in no others! So I don't know much, but what I Feel is superb. Get some!

Irons look nice; I'd give them a try, right with the Srixons and whatever the hell the Hogans are like. I tried forged blades way before I should have years ago, but I know that the forged irons of today are much easier to hit than the old blades. I expect to be pleasantly surprised!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

IMO, the biggest misconception about Mizunos is that theyre only for better players.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  The JPX irons are clubs that ANYONE can hit.  Thats what they were designed for.

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5*

Hybrid: Tommy Armour 845 19*

Irons: Tommy Armour 845 6, 8 and PW

Wedges: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Tommy Armour 303 Milled Series Serrano

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I bought MP-58's because I thought they were the most beautiful irons I'd ever seen...that maybe I could play. I love blades as much as the next aspirant but know they will be as conducive to better play as would constantly using exploding golf balls.

The 58's were easier to use than I had worried (complete custom fitting helps) and now that I've had enough tuition to hit them with a consistent centre strike, the "feeling" is well worth all the hard work and practice.

However, I bequeathed my previous set, a set of MD Superstrong forged irons, to a friend. He got them set up for him, I borrowed a club at the range to remind myself of what they were like...one word. Better.

I feel dirty saying that but it's true. A 10 year old set of budget forgings has a nicer feel and are just as usable as a set 3-4 times the price.

As much as I love the looks of Mizuno's MP irons (since the 52's and 57's which were too plain), there is no lock on the "best irons". Marketing rules! And I bought into it.

Those really ARE terrific looking clubs.

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

My buddy is staffed by Mizuno and I have been overall impressed with their whole line up this year. Driver on down. The wedges feel a tad heavy to me but overall.... not to shabby.

**May the fade be with you**

Driver - :taylormade-small:  SLDR 9.5 Paderson KINETIXx IMRT Green Stiff / 255 cpm
Fairway Wood - :titelist-small:  910F 3 wood
Hybrids - :callaway-small:  Big Bertha Diablo 21deg
Irons - :titelist-small:  710 AP2 4-PW Standard Lie/Flex
Wedges - :taylormade-small:  XFT 50, 54, 60
Putter - :cameron-small:  California Monterey
Ball - :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour

Just picked up a short set of JPX 800 Pro's (6 - PW) with Project X 5.0 shafts.  Probably won't get them until next week......

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I absolutely love my MP-67's. I had another set of Muzino irons before that and I can honestly say I will never go to any other brand as it stands now. I'm decent but never seem to get a chance to play enough to get good like i was in college. With that being said, I think Muzino has a set for all levels of golfers, not just pro's.

• Like 1

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Tried the MP-H5 with PX 5.5, absolutely gorgeous. Trying to work my way into a set hehe.

• Like 1

Bag One: :taylormade-small: '16 M2, Tour AD-GP 7S

:adams-small:  XTD Ti 15*, Tour AD-GT 8S

:taylormade-small:  RBZ Stage2 Tour Issue 18.5* hybrid, Matrix Ozik Altus 85S Wilson FG Tour F5 21* hybrid, stock

:mizuno-small:  MP-H5 4-PW, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 51/08, Project X 5.5

:mizuno-small:  MP-T5, 58/10, DG Spinner

:cameron-small:  2012 Newport2, 34"

Just picked up a short set of JPX 800 Pro's (6 - PW) with Project X 5.0 shafts.  Probably won't get them until next week......

Well, I have played 4 rounds with the Mizzy's.......Really like the feel of a sold hit...like slicing thru soft butter!

Accuracy:  very straight to bit of a pull.

Distance:  As the lofts are about 2 to 3 degrees softer, I am trying to adjust by simply playing one club up.

I also grabbed the JPX 800 5 Hybrid (25*) with Regular steel shaft...This filled in the gap from the 6 iron to my hybrids.  Currently, I am getting 155 to 165 yards with it.

The 9 iron does not get much use, but when needed, it 's range is 110-120 yards....being very accurate at 115 yds.

• Like 5

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Can anyone compare the MP-15 to the MP-59's yet? I had a gander at the local store and the MP-15's look nice, but I'm not seeing enough difference considering my 59's are still like new. Gonna put some steelfibers in them and call it good unless someone really twists my arm. Interested how the new cavity damper/billet feels compared to the 59's.

"Glute Activator"

*Please accept my contributions of participation and intellectual property sharing as substitute for monetary renumeration.

Can anyone compare the MP-15 to the MP-59's yet? I had a gander at the local store and the MP-15's look nice, but I'm not seeing enough difference considering my 59's are still like new. Gonna put some steelfibers in them and call it good unless someone really twists my arm. Interested how the new cavity damper/billet feels compared to the 59's.

You stick those SF's in them and you'll love them.  New billet or not.  :-)

• Like 1