TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bettinardi...a class act

Matt Saternus

Just wanted to share my experience with Bettinardi from this past week:

As you may know, I was lucky enough to win a Bettinardi Studio Stock putter through the launch contest here at MGS. They quickly mailed out the prize and it was a 3C, a center shafted putter. While the putter was beautiful, I've never been a fan of center shafted putters. I do love the Studio Stock 4, so I called up Bettinardi and asked if it would be possible to trade. Ben got on the phone and set up a time for me to come in.

After a work-related rescheduling, which Ben handled very graciously, I headed down to Tinley Park. Those of you familiar with Chicago know that we only have 2 seasons: winter and construction, so I ended up being 15 minutes late despite leaving early. When I walked in, I was greeted warmly and Ben was called down to the front. He welcomed me and led me up to the fitting studio. Now I was fully expecting that a Studio Stock 4 was going to be ready made so they could handle this trade quickly and get on to more important business. I would have been perfectly happy with that since I had not given them a penny, and they were already going out of their way to help me out, but nothing could be farther from the truth. As I took in the surroundings and gaped at all the beautiful putters, Ben asked me what length I would prefer and cut the putter to my preferred length. Then he asked what grip I would like. I selected a Gripmaster, knowing full well that it is a premium grip and that I would probably need to pay extra for it. After gripping the club, putting on a shaft band, and handing it to me for approval, Ben asked if I would prefer a different color headcover to the one that my original putter had shipped with. After the putter was topped off with a blue headcover, Ben and I shook hands and he sent me on my way without asking for a dime.

I left the Bettinardi facility feeling like a million bucks. This experience has changed me from someone who appreciates Bettinardi products to being a very serious Bettinardi fan & a lifelong customer (I'm already in contact with them about a custom belt buckle and I have a second Bettinardi headed my way in the mail). The fact that this premier company took the time to not only give me the putter I wanted, but to make sure it was built exactly how I want for no extra cost just blew me away and it's not something I am likely to forget. Thank you to Ben & everyone at Bettinardi for making such a great product and backing it up with phenomenal service.

Oh, and not for nothing, the putter is fantastic. I took it to the putting green that very afternoon and not only did I make a ton of putts, but it feels as good as any putter I own.

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Great story. It was great of them to participate in our launch and I am really happy to hear they took care of you like this. Love the grip too :D

#TruthDigest

Ben and the guys at Studio B are the best! Great looking putter there I hope it performs well for you. I'm looking to pick up a putter along that style soon myself. Here's the baby I picked up at Studio B a while back…

Bet_01.jpg

Bet_02.jpg

Bet_03.jpg

Bet_04.jpg

Bet_05.jpg

Bet_06.jpg

Bet_07.jpg

Bet_08.jpg

Bet_09.jpg

Bet_10.jpg

great story... it's customer service like that that creates a customer for life... and word of mouth from experiences that makes a company great...

Thanks for letting us know how great they are...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

good to see Bobby B and the crew in Tinley Park taking care of the 'common people'! lol

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Great story, but I will let everyone know. Small companies are the ones usually to go out of their way with customer service. They know every person counts, and word of mouth is better than spending money on advertising. Putting out a great product, treating the customer right, and standing behind what you sell, that's how the succeed! Now only if all companies operated like that!

Hats off Bobby B and Crew!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Great story, but I will let everyone know. Small companies are the ones usually to go out of their way with customer service. They know every person counts, and word of mouth is better than spending money on advertising. Putting out a great product, treating the customer right, and standing behind what you sell, that's how the succeed! Now only if all companies operated like that!

Hats off Bobby B and Crew!

It does seem like smaller companies value their customers more. When I was picking up my clubs at Chicago Bill's, the owner came out and said how much he appreciated the business and that they would do everything they could to treat me well and keep me coming back. Those kinds of things matter to me.

That's why posting stories like this are so very important to the companies, and the consumers, we need to get the word out about companies doing right by their customers!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

The product is excellent. After I paid the local club repair shop to cut mine to length and put on an Iomic grip, I am very happy with the putter. Great feeling putter.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Ben and the guys at Studio B are the best! Great looking putter there I hope it performs well for you. I'm looking to pick up a putter along that style soon myself. Here's the baby I picked up at Studio B a while back…

Bet_01.jpg

Bet_02.jpg

Bet_03.jpg

Bet_04.jpg

Bet_05.jpg

Bet_06.jpg

Bet_07.jpg

Bet_08.jpg

Bet_09.jpg

Bet_10.jpg

I need to get that blue grip. that would look great on my BB1 Tour Exempt as well. Especially with my TM Augusta Bag (Amen Corner) in Carolina Blue!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Just wanted to share my experience with Bettinardi from this past week:

As you may know, I was lucky enough to win a Bettinardi Studio Stock putter through the launch contest here at MGS. They quickly mailed out the prize and it was a 3C, a center shafted putter. While the putter was beautiful, I've never been a fan of center shafted putters. I do love the Studio Stock 4, so I called up Bettinardi and asked if it would be possible to trade. Ben got on the phone and set up a time for me to come in.

After a work-related rescheduling, which Ben handled very graciously, I headed down to Tinley Park. Those of you familiar with Chicago know that we only have 2 seasons: winter and construction, so I ended up being 15 minutes late despite leaving early. When I walked in, I was greeted warmly and Ben was called down to the front. He welcomed me and led me up to the fitting studio. Now I was fully expecting that a Studio Stock 4 was going to be ready made so they could handle this trade quickly and get on to more important business. I would have been perfectly happy with that since I had not given them a penny, and they were already going out of their way to help me out, but nothing could be farther from the truth. As I took in the surroundings and gaped at all the beautiful putters, Ben asked me what length I would prefer and cut the putter to my preferred length. Then he asked what grip I would like. I selected a Gripmaster, knowing full well that it is a premium grip and that I would probably need to pay extra for it. After gripping the club, putting on a shaft band, and handing it to me for approval, Ben asked if I would prefer a different color headcover to the one that my original putter had shipped with. After the putter was topped off with a blue headcover, Ben and I shook hands and he sent me on my way without asking for a dime.

I left the Bettinardi facility feeling like a million bucks. This experience has changed me from someone who appreciates Bettinardi products to being a very serious Bettinardi fan & a lifelong customer (I'm already in contact with them about a custom belt buckle and I have a second Bettinardi headed my way in the mail). The fact that this premier company took the time to not only give me the putter I wanted, but to make sure it was built exactly how I want for no extra cost just blew me away and it's not something I am likely to forget. Thank you to Ben & everyone at Bettinardi for making such a great product and backing it up with phenomenal service.

Oh, and not for nothing, the putter is fantastic. I took it to the putting green that very afternoon and not only did I make a ton of putts, but it feels as good as any putter I own.

Glad to see there are some great american companies left out there today!

Yup. Now if one of those common people (ME!) could get an invite to the social...hahaha.

Now that's what I would like an invite to the Social. That would be a great time for sure.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

That's why posting stories like this are so very important to the companies, and the consumers, we need to get the word out about companies doing right by their customers!

Definitely. If I have a right to complain about bad companies/service, then I feel I also have a responsibility to give props when they're due.

Archived