Our Sponsors

So I finally did it... I bought a new driver that might push ol' faithful out of the bag. But alas it came with out a Head cover.

It got me thinking, what head cover should I get?

Maybe get the fiancé to crochet one, get a funky one (batman, Sasquatch, a dog) or just buy a R1 cover?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are maybe share unique driver covers they have/had!

809286749.jpg

I had this headcover for my driver made by BG last year and I love it.

• Like 1

Well I've got both a Yoda, and a Chewbucca head cover that my girlfriend got me as gifts and I love them. They are in my WITB if your interested in having a look. I love it because its unusual and a bit comical which can help and I can even go as far to say it has helped me calm down and unwind during frustrating times on the course lol.

Being a mainly personnel choice I would suggest having a look at seeing whats out there and if anything catches your eye. With most not being very expensive it doesnt hurt much to get a couple :)

Ive got a Daphne's dragon headcover.  In Japanese mythology, dragons were believed to scare away bad spirits and I figure if they can scare the bad spirits out of my golf game, that wouldnt be a bad thing.

I've got a Manly Sea Eagles (rugby league team from back home) headcover...something you can't get over here.  :D

I traded a couple handmade baskets from my wife for a UK blue/white knit set made by a friend's Mother.  They are my favorites....easy off easy on and they match my bag & clubs.

I went with a knitted pom pom driver cover this year from some company, dunno which one.   Colors to match the bag, nothing fancy.  It's MUCH easier and quicker to get on and off and I like the fact that it's not a walking billboard for some driver that will quickly be perceived as obsolete.   I'm thinking about swapping the fwoods too.

I have an octopus one from Daphne that I love, and a ManU Fred the Red that sees play time.

This one though is by far my favorite and the most badass. Bestgrips FTW

IMG_3993.jpg

It works as the driver is the Punisher. I'm usually getting punished for using it, but sometimes it's the course that takes the beating.

Well I've got the fiancé working in one and I might go peruse Golftown when my irons come in!.... Yes I'm still waiting for those suckers! Dave are you a Man UTD fan? My mom lives right across from old trafford so if you ever want something lemme know!

Got this for myself as a gift for breaking 75 at Bethpage Black.

• Like 1

Well I've got the fiancé working in one and I might go peruse Golftown when my irons come in!.... Yes I'm still waiting for those suckers! Dave are you a Man UTD fan? My mom lives right across from old trafford so if you ever want something lemme know!

Red Devils are my team. High hopes for this season (every season?). Thanks for the offer for gear, but I am hoping to get to Old Trafford myself someday. That's when I'll finally buy my scarf :)

Here's Fred

fred_comp.jpg

Love the Fred head over! I had a really nice leather score card holder but seems I have misplaced it! And old trafford is worth the trip! Truly the theatre of dreams!

Jmike, congrats on the score! Wicked head cover!

I hope to make it to bethpage one day!

I have a Daphne's Fox head cover.

I asked my Daughters to pick me out whichever one they thought best fit me a few years ago and that's what they came back with.

I was flattered and told them that I thought I was average looking at best, and my oldest daughter laughed and said, "No no, dad, we got it because you are sneaky and you bark at us all the time."

I have tried to order something to replace it but can't really get rid of it.

Love the Fred head over! I had a really nice leather score card holder but seems I have misplaced it! And old trafford is worth the trip! Truly the theatre of dreams!

Jmike, congrats on the score! Wicked head cover!

I hope to make it to bethpage one day!

Thanks.  Bethpage is in my back yard and is one heck of a great place.  Black gets all the glory, but Red and Blue are great courses in their own right.  

I've ordered several from Best Grips.  Zach is working on my fairway and hybrid covers now actually.