Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Favorite thing you ever found on the course.....

Bogey in The Woods

So a few weeks ago, there was some hoopla when a guy playing Congressional found Obamas golf ball. The next day, the wife and I headed to one of our favorite courses for a nice round in the 100 degree heat.

Well as often is the case on days when she and I play, we were soon in the treeline searching for a ball........ whose isnt important, just know we were looking for a ball.

The wife suddenly stood up and said" Honey, is this yours?"

She proceeded to toss me this ball.

So my only logical question is: Did Jennifer Lopez play golf in Texas a few weeks ago?

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

A $10 bill next t the cart path on #14

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I found a Pebble Beach logo'ed ProV1 here in Utah last week, that was nice.   A Bushnell Z6 rangefinder that I stupidly turned in to the proshop.  And back in the 90's I found a Callaway Great Big Bertha in a tree.  It was undamaged but clearly somebody didn't ever want to see it again.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Welcome bogey in the woods.

This one is easy for me. An eight foot long eastern diamond back rattler. I had never seen one live and always wanted to. The first time was right off the seventeenth tee box. He was coiled by a tree about twenty feet away (and five feet below) me.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not so much found but saw a collection of ducks just chilling in a tree off the 11th tee at my home course Brighton Public in melbourne. It's a very unusual site to see ducks in trees.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Few things: I saw a coyote in Vegas which was awesome to see one without an Acme box. By far my favorite was a fox on my home course. I've always liked different animals on the course... shows that courses are better for areas than huge houses that have gone up where I live. Other than that, found an Atlantic City Golf Club golf ball on the putting green.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I found a Pebble Beach logo'ed ProV1 here in Utah last week, that was nice.   A Bushnell Z6 rangefinder that I stupidly turned in to the proshop.  And back in the 90's I found a Callaway Great Big Bertha in a tree.  It was undamaged but clearly somebody didn't ever want to see it again.

Not stupid to turn that into the proshop.  You did the right thing and I'm sure someone very much appreciated it.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I haven't found much in the way of interesting items, but plenty of wildlife.  It's very common to see deer running around on our course, the past two years we've also had a tail-less fox running around but he seems to be gone this year.  We had a bald eagle eating it's kill on the 8th fairway during a tourney two years ago as well.

My favorite find though is due to a new rule we put in place for this year.  We have a pretty regular group of 15-20 guys that we play with every week.  We all pretty much know the type of markings everyone uses on their balls, so if you find one of the other guys golf balls and give it back to them they are required to buy you an adult beverage of your choosing in the clubhouse.  It's happened a fair number of times this year and makes looking for a wayward tee shot not as painful as normal.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I've forgotten my range finder on the course before to have someone return it to the pro shop. I'm sure whoever's range finder it was was plenty happy to get it back. I bought the guy who found mine a beer.

I've forgotten my range finder on the course before to have someone return it to the pro shop. I'm sure whoever's range finder it was was plenty happy to get it back. I bought the guy who found mine a beer.

I wish you had been the one that "found" my gap wedge when I left it by the 9th green at a country club in Tampa a few years back. It wasn't turned in and I hope that everyone caught that this was at a private club. I've left clubs at munis before and they were turned in. This was the only time, ever. So thanks for your honesty.

Mr. Theo left his putter cover on the 10th green yesterday. We are hoping that a Markb found it and turned it in, it's a beautiful work of art.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I always turn stuff in when I find it regardless of where I'm at. I found a wad of cash at Walmart last year in the parking lot. Turned it in (though looking back I should've left my number for them at walmart to call me so I could return it to the rightful owner as I have a feeling the person I turned it in to kept it from seeing their reaction).

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I always turn stuff in when I find it regardless of where I'm at. I found a wad of cash at Walmart last year in the parking lot. Turned it in (though looking back I should've left my number for them at walmart to call me so I could return it to the rightful owner as I have a feeling the person I turned it in to kept it from seeing their reaction).

i agree. I would want someone to do the same for me. So far in my 4 and a half months of playing, I have had 2 headcovers and my lob wedge retuned to me by the group following me.

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Well, I don't want you guys thinking I'm a thief.  I've turned in countless wedges over my 40 years of playing golf, but I did keep that GBB because where I found it in plain sight right to the front left of a tee box told me that somebody had thrown it in anger.  It was only about 7 feet off the ground.  This was right in the period when the GBB was the hottest and most expensive club around.  And I did keep asking at the pro shop if anybody had lost any drivers and was looking for them for a couple of weeks afterwards and nobody was asking for it.

If you've ever worked in a pro shop you know that DOZENS of headcovers and range finders and wedges are turned in every day and most are picked up by the loser in short order.   But the ones that aren't claimed even start to pile up and the good stuff in that pile gets claimed by the junior employees while the Walmart Wedges go in a bin.   If you find something REALLY valuable give it straight to the pro or leave a note with your contact instructions and have the guy who lost it call you.   Otherwise, it's just as likely that a range rat will be walking away with that limited edition Cameron as the original owner will get it back.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

A few years ago I found pot and a bong in a bag by our 7th tee.  It is a secluded tee box, but I remember seeing a couple of teens on the course earlier.  I brought it back to the clubhouse and gave it to the pro.  I was in the clubhouse an hour or so later when a kid came in and asked if someone found a bag on the course.  The pro didn't give it to him and I didn't say anything!   :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've found a drunk teen sleeping in a bunker and a used condom.

Still not sure which is my favorite...

Was the Drunk teen wearing the Condom?

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

As far as finding things on the course I have found a lot having grown up on one. I always turned it in. When I was a kid I found a Masonic ring and turned it into my Dad. He knew a lot of Masons and Shriners he made one phone call and that man came and got it and it did get to it's rightful owner. History repeats itself 30 years later. I found a Masonic ring on a course in NMB I did not turn it in at the pro shop but called a good friend of mine who is a Mason and took it to him and it got back to the rightful owner who was from Pennsylvania. I asked my friend how did he do that and he told me "I cant tell you it is a secret" My Dad was not a Mason but he always told me if I find anything Masonic to give it to a Mason and and it will get back to it's rightful owner.

The one thing I did find on the course I did not turn in because where it was at it clearly got there by anger. About 10 years ago I found a brand new Cleveland CG15 56* wedge with the sticker from "Martin's" (was a local store) where it was at was probably 50 yards off a fairway. I went to the woods to take a whizz and saw it about 6 feet up in a scrub bush. Later on during the round I found more evidence of anger found several Cally and Cleveland clubs broken and a perfectly good TM R5 carry bag stuffed in the trash can on 17. I did tell the pro shop and they laughed said that must have been the guy that threw a tantrum in the parking lot. I left them my number but they know me anyhow and no one called me. I ended up giving the wedge to a friend's daughter who was playing on a high school team. I ended up giving the TM carry bag to another kid I know who was trying out for his jr high team and did not have a decent carry bag. I put a used pullout shaft in the driver and sold it for $40 and I think I scrapped the rest

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

A few years ago I found pot and a bong in a bag by our 7th tee.  It is a secluded tee box, but I remember seeing a couple of teens on the course earlier.  I brought it back to the clubhouse and gave it to the pro.  I was in the clubhouse an hour or so later when a kid came in and asked if someone found a bag on the course.  The pro didn't give it to him and I didn't say anything!   :)

LOL wonder if the pro made good use of the hardware and agricultrial products? :)

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Don't answer that... Unless the teen was over 18. Lol

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Don't answer that... Unless the teen was over 18. Lol

Sorry I'm going to delete that answer. Some teens are minors and I don't want my remark to be misconstrued.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Sorry I'm going to delete that answer. Some teens are minors and I don't want my remark to be misconstrued.

Think we all got it and understand what you meant.

Funny part is when I found the ball at AC country Club I took it only because no one claimed it in 1.5 hours, plus no one was actually on the course but us. Seemed as though the range picker found them and tossed a few on the practice green. 

Also I always pick up stuff and turn it in. I've picked up head covers and clubs and carried them often 8-10 holes walking and returned them. 

The best thing I ever saw... I was a junior in college and the course held a local college golf tournament for women. We ended up playing behind 5 or 6 groups of girls. Don't ask me how I shot when we played through, it's not a great memory.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Mr. Theo left his putter cover on the 10th green yesterday. We are hoping that a Markb found it and turned it in, it's a beautiful work of art.

Doubt MarkB found it but the course did call me and someone did turn it in. So I was very relived to know I'll be getting it back

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Doubt MarkB found it but the course did call me and someone did turn it in. So I was very relived to know I'll be getting it back

Awesome!  I thought you were going to say that the best thing you ever "found" on a golf course was those Ice Towels.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Awesome! I thought you were going to say that the best thing you ever "found" on a golf course was those Ice Towels.

Oh that is the best thing. I'm gonna start bringing my own with me in my cooler. Gave me a nice little recharge at the turn

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Oh that is the best thing. I'm gonna start bringing my own with me in my cooler. Gave me a nice little recharge at the turn

A little tip if you're going to? Add a teaspoon if ammonia to it to really wake you up. Works great on an icy towel.

Oh, and the Frog Toggs towels work great for this purpose as well. WOW do they stay much colder

In The Bag

A little tip if you're going to? Add a teaspoon if ammonia to it to really wake you up. Works great on an icy towel.

Oh, and the Frog Toggs towels work great for this purpose as well. WOW do they stay much colder

Ammonia as in the stuff for cleaning? And I will pick up some of the frog towels for this. Thanks for the tip!

Ammonia as in the stuff for cleaning? And I will pick up some of the frog towels for this. Thanks for the tip!

No aromatic ammonia, same thing in smelling salts. You can get the concentrated kind as well, herb shops around here carry it.

If you're going with the frog Toggs towels, you won't need it. Those suckers stay ice cold for a while when you remove them from ice water.

In The Bag

Lol,  that was what I was thinking as well.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Yesterday it was the Brooklyn Brewery tent followed a few holes later by the Jack Daniels tent.....miracle I make it through 18 holes and the only reason I did was that it was a client event that I was at.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Archived