TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger Woods drops Sean Foley

fozcycle

ESPN just reported that Tiger Woods announced that he will no longer be working with coach Sean Foley.  He also stated their is no timetable for hiring a new coach.

After his latest playing attempts, it was obvious that Tiger needs to adjust his swing style......and that would probably require his finding a new coach with a different swing philosophy.

I really think that Butch Harmon is the best coach suited to help Tiger change to a smoother swing so that he does not continue to injure hi back.

What you y'all think?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It's about time. He waited to long to change.

I don't see him going back to Butch or Hank, so ?? He's got a few months to decide. I wonder if he really needs a coach.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's about time. He waited to long to change.

I don't see him going back to Butch or Hank, so ?? He's got a few months to decide. I wonder if he really needs a coach.

He said he was doing that after Haney.. then he got Foley.  He will go with somebody because that is all he knows.

I think he did the right thing, but I agree with Foz that he needs to go to someone that will help him swing smoother.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Harmon is the obvious choice......but......would Butch even take him back?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

He's going back to Butch. I said since he hired Foley it was a mistake because of what Foley teaches. The elongation/extension of the lead leg (posting into it) and the other things he teaches just never were something I saw as a long term fix for Tiger because of the toll it takes on the knee and body. A shredded knee and torn up back later, looks like I was right about it. Swallow your pride and beg Harmon to let you come back to him. He needs Butch, not the other way around

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Jim Hardy could help him.  When I saw him speak a couple of winters ago he was breaking down Tiger's driver swing and explaining it could lead to more injuries.  Hmmmm.....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Resistance is Futile...

Lol I had the same Borg thought and was trying to figure out a way to work it into the conversation :P

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

I heard two different people today say that supposedly there is no way Butch will take him back.

Money talks, no, it screams though. : )

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

I heard two different people today say that supposedly there is no way Butch will take him back.

Money talks, no, it screams though. : )

Butch has Phil.

But Jack has a chain of golf academies, now that would be extra spicy.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Butch has Phil.

But Jack has a chain of golf academies, now that would be extra spicy.

Ooooooo... Jack takes Tiger in and gets him to 17 and then sabotages him at every turn to keep him there until he's done. "Too bad, I really wanted him to get there." he says with a rye smile.

All the makings of a great movie.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Think Tiger asks for Butch. He had a lot of success with him and may go back to the guy. Then again, Tiger could end up doing something no one sees coming also, like finding someone less heralded.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

About time.  The Foley experiment wasnt working.

Harmon is the obvious choice......but......would Butch even take him back?

If he writes him a big enough check he would, same for Haney.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Tiger was in his 20's when he was with Butch......now he is close to 40 and his body is quite different than the young Tiger. Butch could calm hi aggressive "Lunge" down to a smooth transition.  This would allow Tiger to control the flight much better.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

How many more times does he think he completely tear down his swing? He's had good results every time but what happens if he falls into one of those ruts that other players who changed a working swing? Like Paddy or some of the guys that jumped on stack and tilt. What if tiger makes a change that goes horribly wrong and he can't score at all?

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

"What if tiger makes a change that goes horribly wrong and he can't score at all?"

At this point, that's entirely possible. True, his body is older and he needs a smoother swing, but I think his body issues are secondary to his mind. Can he accept the things he can no longer do, and adapt willingly?

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

"What if tiger makes a change that goes horribly wrong and he can't score at all?"

At this point, that's entirely possible. True, his body is older and he needs a smoother swing, but I think his body issues are secondary to his mind. Can he accept the things he can no longer do, and adapt willingly?

Agreed and would add will his body be able to perform well enough including his nerves with the putter which were going before the five iron through the car window thing.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

What if he makes a change and it goes wrong? See the Foley experiment

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What if he makes a change and it goes wrong? See the Foley experiment

Sadly, yes.

I'm really liking the Nicklaus' academy option. Great player, great architect, great teacher. How cool would that be.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Haney burned that bridge when he wrote the book, so I doubt that it would ever happens.  Butch on the other hand has been saying good things about Tiger so push comes to shoves may be.  I doubt that he'd take $50K a year salary though, not even double that.

May be Johny Miller or Gary McCord, it would be a treat.

Think Tiger asks for Butch. He had a lot of success with him and may go back to the guy. Then again, Tiger could end up doing something no one sees coming also, like finding someone less heralded.

Like going to Paul Wilson and his Swing Maching Golf method! That I would love to see.

Driver: Taylormade R540

3 Wood: Adams

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK 21

Irons: Mizuno MP-14 3-PW

Wedge: Mizuno MPT-10/56

Putter: no name brand

I was was reading a comment Harmon made

“No I would not and he's not going to call and ask,” Harmon said when asked if he would entertain a coaching offer. “I don't think he needs a swing coach. If I were advising Tiger I'd tell him, ‘You're the greatest player that ever lived, just go to the range and hit shots.'”

I agree with him, you're Tiger freaking Woods y'all go and get it done! End post.

Certainly we all know what's coming... It will be a colletive

attachicon.giftiger-brandel-faldo-nobilo3.jpg

What's so funny is that was exactly what I was thinking when I first started reading this thread you read my mind MBP!

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

He's going back to Butch. I said since he hired Foley it was a mistake because of what Foley teaches. The elongation/extension of the lead leg (posting into it) and the other things he teaches just never were something I saw as a long term fix for Tiger because of the toll it takes on the knee and body. A shredded knee and torn up back later, looks like I was right about it. Swallow your pride and beg Harmon to let you come back to him. He needs Butch, not the other way around

Lee Trevino said something about the knee extension and "snapping" the knee when Tiger first hurt his knee. Tiger overall has a violent golf swing and the older you get the more injury prone you are no matter how good your physical condition may be

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Lee Trevino said something about the knee extension and "snapping" the knee when Tiger first hurt his knee. Tiger overall has a violent golf swing and the older you get the more injury prone you are no matter how good your physical condition may be

Injuries not from doing but from over doing it.  According to his book, Hank mentioned that Tiger would double the intensity, weight, and reps.  Tiger believed that would make him better.  The knee injury was from the "kill house" Navy seals training exercise.  Plenty of people snap the knee like that without much problem, Johny Miller, Laura Davies come to mind.

At the end of the day Tiger is just an old fashion guy who does not really like change that much but will do many stunts to get him distracted.  Hank and Foley especially Foley is just good excuse when he plays poorly.

Injuries not from doing but from over doing it. According to his book, Hank mentioned that Tiger would double the intensity, weight, and reps. Tiger believed that would make him better. The knee injury was from the "kill house" Navy seals training exercise. Plenty of people snap the knee like that without much problem, Johny Miller, Laura Davies come to mind.

At the end of the day Tiger is just an old fashion guy who does not really like change that much but will do many stunts to get him distracted. Hank and Foley especially Foley is just good excuse when he plays poorly.

Yes many can post on that front leg hard. But not many with a previous knee injury (the first was when he collided with the fan). And until he gets the putter going again, none of the other stuff will matter anyway. I'd call Butch and Dave Stockton.

As far as Foley, his methods don't work for Tiger. The way flatter swing and hitting a cut don't work. He can't hit it but one direction with that swing. And the driver is as erratic as it's ever been. When former students say things like "to straighten your ball flight out, forget everything he's ever taught you" it's telling, especially when multiple people tell you.

In The Bag

Injuries not from doing but from over doing it.  According to his book, Hank mentioned that Tiger would double the intensity, weight, and reps.  Tiger believed that would make him better.  The knee injury was from the "kill house" Navy seals training exercise.  Plenty of people snap the knee like that without much problem, Johny Miller, Laura Davies come to mind.

At the end of the day Tiger is just an old fashion guy who does not really like change that much but will do many stunts to get him distracted.  Hank and Foley especially Foley is just good excuse when he plays poorly.

Not starting anything here but on another golf forum there was a discussion on the Navy Seal thing with Tiger and the general theory that the whole deal was a bunch of B.S. I dont have a clue I werent there but just saying

G

Archived