GolfSpy MBP

Nike Launches Vapor Series Irons

FROM THE BLOG

Nike Launches Vapor Series Irons

The Vapor Lineup

By now most of you have seen the #MMProto irons that Nike launched in extremely limited quantities a few weeks ago. Those, now known as the Vapor Pro, are part of the new lineup, albeit with one not-so-subtle tweak. The Pro, along with the other two new irons (Pro Combo and Vapor Speed), feature bright neon accents. FYI, Nike calls the color Volt, and I suspect it's not going to resonate – at least not in any positive way – with purists, and those of you who are already a bit Nike Golf averse.

http://www.mygolfspy.com/nike-golf-vapor-irons/

So whatcha think about Volt? I'm not a fan because I associate red with nike players irons and greens/yellows with low end such as the "Slingshot"

nike-live.jpg

So whatcha think about Volt? I'm not a fan because I associate red with nike players irons and greens/yellows with low end such as the "Slingshot"

Same here.  Reminds me too much of the low end stuff. 

That said...it's nothing a little acetone and paint-fill can't fix.

I like!

I think nike have been brave to move away from red, I welcome it.

Excited to see the new drivers.

I am actually really liking these new sets, something thats vibrant and a little different. I'm really hoping that Nike increases the custom and shaft options available here in Aus because that is one of the main reasons why I havn't looked very hard at them yet. Although I do like the Kuro cage shaft in the covert 2.0 pro...

I love the look of these, I hope to get them but we will see. Definitely planning on getting the 2i from the pro combo set to replace the hybrid

BTW- Saw one of the Molinari brothers sporting the Nike "Volt" accented shirt today on the Euro Tour.

Meh.  Not a fan.  Like someone else said, theyre a little too, "Slingshot" for me.  Nike needs to go more classic and forget about these funky, futuristic designs.

Meh.  Not a fan.  Like someone else said, theyre a little too, "Slingshot" for me.  Nike needs to go more classic and forget about these funky, futuristic designs.

Hmmm... Depends on their target market. The photo above looks much more subdued than the blog article photos. Plus, Nike have never really been known for playing it terribly safe, yeah? Anyway, I like the new direction and hope it gets a little traction.

Hmmm... Depends on their target market. The photo above looks much more subdued than the blog article photos. Plus, Nike have never really been known for playing it terribly safe, yeah? Anyway, I like the new direction and hope it gets a little traction.

Agree that Nike has never been one to play it safe.  Not sure Id call it a, "new direction" though.

I have used this irons and will recommend it to my friends it is really very light weighted and perfect iron for beginners.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Titanic Thompson

• By nate_fuge
      Driver: Mizuno GT 180 (10.5°, Kuru Kage Silver Series X Flex)
      Fairway Wood: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour (15° Kuru Kage S Flex, sometimes 17°)
      Driving Iron: Titleist 716 TMB 2 iron (KBS C Taper Lite X Flex)
      Irons: Cobra Amp Cell Pro Irons (4-PW, Dynamic Gold S-300)
      Wedges: Callaway X Forged (54°, 58°, Project X) Titleist Vokey (64°,) 
      Putter: Nike Method 001 (34 inch, Ping Blackout)
      Ball: Taylormade TP5x
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Ok, the first part of my winter cleaning has begun, have to make room and of course $$$ for 2019 goodies.
      G400 Irons  4-PW  1/2 over in length  NIppon Modus Tour 105 R Flex   Green Dot (2 degrees Upright) SOLD
      Pull Overs All are XXL  all Sold
      1 for $25   (except for FJ Rain jacket, by itself $35 or included in Bulk prices as listed)
      3 for $50
      All 6 for $90

• By Binknrum
      $250 shipped
      Nike Origin B2-05 Long Slant Neck Putter
      Oven Oxxxxx Serial Number
      Rare tour issue putter
      35” with stock Origin Grip and Headcover

• By puttingpirate
      So, it's cold and wet here in England so I thought I may use this time to write up another review.
        This time of something that may be useful in this kind of weather - Nike Hyperadapt Waterproofs.   https://www.instagram.com/p/BdSmC0HhEPt   After doing some research online, it had good reviews and at half price of goretex alternatives I thought I'll give it a go. It's made of the Nike's own Storm-Fit material, which promises to be water resistant, and breathable.   I've played it in some insane conditions like: https://www.instagram.com/p/BW-AygWBBVy/   Or real storms: https://www.instagram.com/p/BU4kAW3h9oy   And the bottom line is - it did keep me dry. Well, kind of.     The quality is pretty good. All nike Hyperadapt stuff is good quality to be honest.    Rory wears it after all. The stretchable shoulders in Hyperadapt stuff is amazing. Love it, I'm surprised no one else does something like it.   Anyway - down to the good, bad and ugly.   * It looks good.  * It's very easy to put on quickly. * Definitely very waterproof, even in the worse conditions imaginable. * Comparing to other waterproofs it's pretty quiet. * Comfortable to swing in, doesn't restrict movement.     I have 1 issue with it, and it's breathability. I do sweat on the best of days, and in this I felt like like Ryan Seacrest watching Brokeback Mountain.   Sweaty. Wet. So as much as it kept the water coming from the outside - it did make me wet and hot on the inside :-(   And that for me is a dealbreaker :-( Maybe now that the temperatures are close to 0 it would be better.   As I have replaced them already, I will be giving the whole suit away.  So stay tuned.
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Going through my phone to sort out some pics for finishing up my JPX900 HotMetal review, i ran across several variations of my WITB just in the last two years, there were more before that, but fortunately it's before camera phones were really the thing...ha

So here's  a look back, if you have multiple years worth, lets see them as well.

July 2015

Feb 2016

Sept 2016

June 2017

Aug 2017

Nov 2017

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!