RobinArthur

XCalibers for 2015

Our Sponsors

Greetings!

I haven't been on this Forum for a while due to some health problems w/ myself an my 82 yo Mom.  But we're Ok, healthy and gettin' meaner everyday!!  My thanks goes out to MANY folks w/ their well wishes and prayers!!

So let's get to business.  I'm designing the 2015 product line as we speak.  testing starts next week on a couple things I've had in the hopper for a while.  BUT I'd wanted to give everyone an opportunity to be part of that effort.  So let me know what you'd like to see in 2015 as an XCaliber.  I'm definitely completely revamping the std models (XCal 5, 6, 6+ etc. - there's room I've found to make them better w/ a more pronounce diff. in launch specs...).  Anyway, let me know what you'd like to see, how I can help your business, etc., etc.  Heck in all my professional careers, I've always gotten my best intel from the Kats working the hardest in the trenches...

Robin Arthur

Welcome Back, Arthur.  Glad you and mom are feeling better.

I am looking for something that may not even be possible:

Driver shaft with low to mid launch, low spin, extra light weight (45-50 grams), mid kick, smooth feel, tight dispersion.

This would be a replacement for the stock shaft in my 10.5 SLDR (set to 11).  The stock shaft is a pretty good fit for me but I feel like if it were even lighter (without getting looser) I could generate some more club head speed and distance.  My good swings are giving me about 16* launch angle and 2300-2400 RPM.

What do you think?  Is that possible?

Thanks!!

Robin, how are you? I've been concerned about your well being and even though I haven't been in touch have been praying for you. So happy to see your name here! Very happy!

Iron graphite around 85 grams that perform like the newer super lite steel shafts could be a winner. I still have your older FW shafts in my fairway woods.

Hey -

THANK YOU so much for the kind words and prayers!!!  You know what?  THEY WORKED!!!!  I'm back in the gym 5 days a week, and me lovely Mom is doing great!

Good call I think on the 85 gm. carbon fiber/steel feeling shaft line.   I've been tagged w/ trying to market shafts here w/o being a sponsor so let's talk about this and other needs at robinarthur14@gmail.com or 619-994-5537 (cell).

Thx. for the post....and again the kindness  and prayers!  That means a lot to me...

Best always!

Robin

Hey -

THANK YOU so much for the kind words and prayers!!!  You know what?  THEY WORKED!!!!  I'm back in the gym 5 days a week, and me lovely Mom is doing great!

Good call I think on the 85 gm. carbon fiber/steel feeling shaft line.   I've been tagged w/ trying to market shafts here w/o being a sponsor so let's talk about this and other needs at robinarthur14@gmail.com or 619-994-5537 (cell).

Thx. for the post....and again the kindness  and prayers!  That means a lot to me...

Best always!

Robin

I will be in touch. So happy about Mom as well. Missing mine, she went home while you were away taking care of yours. Time marches on you know. But we need to use the time we are allotted here and you've done so much for this game with little or no fanfare.

How about a 70-80 gram up to X flex that's mid launch, low spin and made with 40 ton graphite?

I've heard nothing but great things about your product from users all over the place. Would love to figure out what best to pair with my Covert 2.0 Performance and 1.0 Tour heads. Have had success with the UST Chrome in driver as well as the Di in hybrid form. Would love something mid launching with low spin characteristics that fits a quick tempo/hard transition in the downswing. Love the feel of standard 6/7 series type shafts.

Glad to read your mother's health concerns are on an up swing. I lost my mother a couple years ago and much too soon in life (both her own and mine). Nothing but well-wishes for you both!

Would love to see something to compete directly with the Tour AD-DI with it's mid/high launch low spin and different choices in weight, ranging from 60-80 for woods and 80-105 for hybrids.

Thanks for the updates Robin........how about a shaft giveaway and MGS review. One for Driver, Fairway & Hybrid?

Hey Robin,

Happy to hear all is well in your camp. I'm in the same camp as revkev on the 85ish gram iron shaft.

Happy Holidays & all the best for 2015!

Bob Bissonette