revkev

My Son

Our Sponsors

Went out to sea today. He'll be gone until after the New Year defending our right to chat about golf.

God bless your son and his braveness Rev, hope he kicks ass takes names and come home safe and sound!

Very nice! My best wishes for his safe travels, and may he have some wonderful life experiences.

Hope he has safe seas and a following wind.

Thanks guys - Matt's is funny given that he generally tools around under water - but of course his boat does have a sail, it's the Navy after all.

Mr. Theo we are hoping for a boring underway this time. Too much going on the world so quieter is better this time out. He already has a bushel basek full of stories.  He does intend to play golf on an atoll on the equator at the end of this deployment.  That would be story enough!

As Gene Autry used to sail,   Happy "Sails" to you.....

From an old swabee, here's hoping your son has a great cruise.

Tell him thanks when you see him again.  I appreciate the guys (and gals) risking their lives to keep all ours safe.

May the Good Lord watch over him and protect him and his shipmates. I am a Navy vet myself but I was too big to go in the "silent service". I will give you a funny one to relate to him. About 8 years ago we went on motorcycles to Charleston SC to see the carrier and ships and the sub. I went on the sub and the tour starts on the stern and goes to the bow. Guess what I could not get through the bow hatch had to do the reverse thing and go out where I came in. I still catch heck over that. My friend Randy on another board is a Navy sub vet and he assures me that the new subs are a lot larger than that WW2 "pigboat" I was on. Pass that on to him I am sure he will get a chuckle over that. But you were the one who told me he said that running a Nuc sub was easier than running the sound board at church. Anyhow tell him thanks for his devoted service

Best of luck to him and hoping he keeps safe.

Just had a buddy and his wife come back from Qatar so I know how it is to have someone close to you do stuff like that.

@ Big Stu they are way bigger, almost twice the size in fact. Think Destroyer size.

Thanks again guys his wife reminded me that it had been 20 months since he'd been out for any length because the Boat was being repaired. I know that there is a part of this deployment that is very dangerous. I will be happy when that time has passed. I just won't know when that will be until well after the fact.

Best wishes for a safe and uneventful deployment for your son...from an Army vet.

God bless all of you vets, we can't thank you enough.

Its an awesome job and service and we hope and pray he sails the ocean safely and securely throughout the whole deployment!!  

Its an awesome job and service and we hope and pray he sails the ocean safely and securely throughout the whole deployment!!  

Thanks!

Best of luck for your son while he is away.

While I'm not a vet by any meaning of the word, I am involved in the construction of the two new LHD's (similar to the USS Wasp) and AWD blocks here in Melbournefor the Aus Navy so I have massive respect.