Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Who got Pro V's in the mail today?

fozcycle

Okay, got home and found a sleeve of Titleist Test balls in my mailbox. From the markings and the urethane cover, they are assuredly Pro V's.

Who else got some?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I got some, but I opened them in the car on the way to pick my son up the other day and now I can't find them. LOL

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Got them and they seem more like Ixs to me but that fits my profile.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Great now I have to check out my mailbox tomorrow.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I received some 2 days ago.  Looking forward to trying them out the next few days.

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

I received mine a couple of days ago. Can't wait to give them a go. I have some new wedges that I have to put to the test

Driver: Call Epic 9* Stock Fujikura FW: Cally Rogue 17* R Hybrid: Titleis 910h 21* Blue Diamana Irons: Mizuno 850 Forged 5-G Nippon 1150 2 up 0.5" Sand: 54* Vokey SM6 M Grind Lob: 58* Vokey SM6 K Grind Putter: Scotty Select Newport 2 35"

Go to titleist.com and register.  Complete your profile and you may get selected to participate in the golf ball tests.  They usually send out test balls in Sept-Oct.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

BTW has any one used their's yet? I've had them on the practice green but can't play until Monday. Since the Titleist schtick is start at the green and work back this seems appropriate. I chipped two of my last three in. I'm sure it was the balls. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Game on Tomorrow(Saturday).

I can honestly report that the new Titleist Test Balls......

1: Can not be found in the woods (my approach shot on Par 4 #4 was grabbed by the palm tree and thrown into the woods)

2: They do not float (my approach shot on Par 5 #13 went into the pond)

Not a good day, as I can play for a month without losing a ball. Today I lost four!

Otherwise, they went about the same distance off the tee, held true to my distance for mid irons and short irons and had a nice feel on the putts.

I got them the other day too.  I put the test ball in my pocket with a prov1x.  Played whichever one I pulled out of my pocket.  I really couldn't tell the difference.  similar distance, similar feel, similar around the green.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I got mine last week.  I played two round with them.  Similar spin and fell i was getting into greens with mid and short irons.  distance off the tee seemed very similar to what i have been getting.  Overall very nice to play with but nothing stood out.

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

Titleist will love me because I've followed their suggested ball test to a tee. Head to head with my gamer around the green last week. Head to head from 12 distances between 217 and 97 on the short course today including a few shots out of the rough. I play for real tomorrow and am going back into the big boy game so no test there but I will play the end of the week where I can pop some drivers out head to head.

The titleist was significantly ahead of my gamer around the green. My gamer is a tad longer off the irons and hybrids that I hit today while the titleist seemingly launches higher off the short clubs and lower off the longer ones. For 12 holes I was Even with the Titleist and 1 over with my gamer. To be fair it was actually a 2 stroke difference except that I significantly miss hit a 7 iron with the Titleist. That was not the balls fault. I actually hit every other shot pretty well, lots of shots finished hole high even if they were not on the green.

So far I would prefer the Titleist but off the driver is important so we will see.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I got mine a few days ago, then we got a cold snap...  I hope to do some more testing tomorrow, but so far the distance appears to be the same as I get with the E6 I've been gaming but I really prefer the Titleist Test ball on and around the green.  The Test ball seems to be a bit firmer off the putter and holds the line better for me.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I got mine a few days ago, then we got a cold snap...  I hope to do some more testing tomorrow, but so far the distance appears to be the same as I get with the E6 I've been gaming but I really prefer the Titleist Test ball on and around the green.  The Test ball seems to be a bit firmer off the putter and holds the line better for me.

What I wouldn't give for a cold snap. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So far I would prefer the Titleist but off the driver is important so we will see.

I'm actually pretty surprised you don't play the ProV1x considering how important green-side control is to you.

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

I do in the winter or at least I play something Pro VIx like. Remember our summers are exceedingly wet, there are very few issues with stopping the ball. The bigger summer issue is the rough. I normally switch from June to mid-October.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I went to Bulgaria on the 7th and got back today, but I received a sleeve of Titleist Test balls and played one on the 6th.  It certainly played like a Pro V1.  Very nice control around the greens, and I like this ball a lot.  I have not played in 10 days and probably won't get to play until Friday, but I really like this ball.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

League was rained out but because of the vagueness of Florida weather I was able to play at a course 12 miles away. My course was flooded, we had a two beer's worth light shower where we went.

So a driver test was on. I don't know if was the beer or what but I played beautifully, hit 10 greens, shot 74. I hit two drives 5 or 6 times but basically played the Titleist. This was a tour level course and the ball played great particularly off the short clubs and driver.

It's a good ball. Next time I will try it head to head with the B330 RX which was going to be my ball this winter.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

What I wouldn't give for a cold snap. :)

I feel you... first day we've had under 100 here in probably a week.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I felt I got a higher launch and a more straight ball flight with a driver, woods, hybrid. Saw no increase in distance but maybe a little less spin?  I also found that they don't float nor do they have a beacon to make them easier to be found in the rough???  

I felt I got a higher launch and a more straight ball flight with a driver, woods, hybrid. Saw no increase in distance but maybe a little less spin?  I also found that they don't float nor do they have a beacon to make them easier to be found in the rough???

:)

What ball do you usually use and have you ever played Purgatory? I love that course.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I feel you... first day we've had under 100 here in probably a week.

I was looking at the Weather Channel this morning looks like you guys are going to get the heat again. It has cooled down some here but we have gotten so much rain in the last few weeks it is still humid in the afternoons when I get off work

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I hear ha, KB......I did not get any more distance, but they really felt good off the club, both driver, fw's and irons......overall, nothing negative except the not floating part....Ha Ha

They may not float but they do skip. I had a down hill shot over a pond out of thick gnarly rough. Skipped it right across the pond on my second on a par 5, knocked 6 iron on the green and two putted for par, routine. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

.... Skipped it right across the pond on my second

That's where being a Pastor comes in handy :lol:

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

That's where being a Pastor comes in handy :lol:

Oh I was praying from the moment I saw my lie. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived