TESTERS WANTED! ×

Great Customer Service - IGOTCHA

fozcycle

Two years ago my spouse gave me an IGOTCHA ball retriever at Christmas.....It was compact enough to slip inside a zippered compartment of my golf bag.  I loved it. Well, last January (cold weather for FL) the outside plastic ring broke while using it.  I repaired it with super glue & duct tape. That held for awhile then broke again.  I repaired it a second time and decided it was time to find a new one.  I ordered a new one last week from Amazon.  It arrived today.  As I was removing the tag from the retriever, I noticed it said "Lifetime Warrany".

I went online to igotcha.com and called the sales number. A very nice gentleman answered and I explained to him what happened. He said the ":Lifetime Warranty" was new this year. Then he offered to send me a replacement head for the old retriever.  This one would have a screw to secure it to the shaft.  All I would have to do is drill out the old rivet and replace the head.

How cool is that?  Not only is he replacing the old head, but provides a screw in place of the rivet.

Now you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be telling folks about the terrific customer service at IGOTCHA. I guess he figured that he couldn't buy that kind of free marketing.

Now, I just want others to know how great they are......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm a retriever fanatic.   The Igotcha head is easily the best ball capturing design out there, but it is FRAGILE and breaks frequently.  Your warranty will get plenty of use.

The other drawback is they are not long enough.  6-8 feet just doesn't feed the shag bag.   But I solved that by taking the head off of my 24 foot two cone scooper, drilling through the handle of my IGotcha and clamping it onto the end of the other headless 2-cone with thumbscrews.   Now I have a two-stage 30 footer and nothing escapes my grasp!   I get all the ones you just can't reach.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Always nice to read or hear these kinds of good CS stories. Thanks for sharing.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I'm a retriever fanatic.   The Igotcha head is easily the best ball capturing design out there, but it is FRAGILE and breaks frequently.  Your warranty will get plenty of use.

The other drawback is they are not long enough.  6-8 feet just doesn't feed the shag bag.   But I solved that by taking the head off of my 24 foot two cone scooper, drilling through the handle of my IGotcha and clamping it onto the end of the other headless 2-cone with thumbscrews.   Now I have a two-stage 30 footer and nothing escapes my grasp!   I get all the ones you just can't reach.

THAT is some serious retrievability.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

The ones I have are 14 Footers, so that gets most of the balls out of our ponds and it still fits into the side pocket of my golf bag......., at Pebble Creek, we have water on 17 holes so there are plenty of balls to grab.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Shoot, I've only got the little one.   It's about 15" when compacted.   Like a bread knife.   I've got to get one of those 14 footers, but I doubt the aluminum sections would stay straight at that length.   Maybe I can just buy the screw in heads.

And to be fair, no retriever lasts that long in my hands.   One year is about it.  I'll usually forget to compact it and hit a tree.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I love this retriever!  I won one at a golf tournament, but it's the short one.  Very handy to fit in a bag pocket when I travel.  I have had it for 4 years with no problems, but I am thinking about getting the longer one if it still fits in the pocket.  I saw one in a golf store (yes, we still have one open in my area), but it was very heavy; probably thicker metal to compensate for the longer length.  Will still consider it though.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'll stick with my driver for the long ones and wedge for the shorter ones. the rest can enjoy being gone.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I love this retriever!  I won one at a golf tournament, but it's the short one.  Very handy to fit in a bag pocket when I travel.  I have had it for 4 years with no problems, but I am thinking about getting the longer one if it still fits in the pocket.  I saw one in a golf store (yes, we still have one open in my area), but it was very heavy; probably thicker metal to compensate for the longer length.  Will still consider it though.

The XL 14 Footer is terrific.....It fits nicely into the side pocket of my bag.....and to top it off, it's Made in the U.S.A.! Their headquarters is just outside Orlando.

http://igotchagolf.com/

The IGOTCHA Retriever comes in five different sizes to meet your individual needs and preferences. The "Executive" is our most compact retriever collapsing to a mere 15.5 inches and weighing only 8 oz. Our newest addition is the "Executive XL" which is only 3.5 inches longer than the "Executive" yet it extends 4 feet longer. Our longest retriever is the "Biggest," extending to an amazing 18 feet. So, whether you're looking for a retriever you can easily hide in your golf bag or a retriever you can cover a lot of ground with, we have something for everyone. Take a look at our different models and find the one that's right for you.

• 4 years later...

Have also a xl Igotcha retriever.  Don't know if poster is connected with company or not.  End is cheaply made; but stainless is sturdy. Mine too broke and when calling Igotcha they insist only a 1 year guarantee, not lifetime. So I have a great telescoping stainless pole. I will not be purchasing another from this company.

• 4 months later...

You must be saying the wrong things. My last one separated in the middle. I called them, they asked me to send s picture, I did, then for just $12.95 shipping and handling, they sent me a new igotcha!

Great customer service......

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 1 year later...