TESTERS WANTED! ×

WBYP (What Ball You Play)

Rounders

13 members have voted

1. 1. How many layers do you play

Now that balls have 5 Layers please let the forum know what type of ball you use weather its a 2-3-4-5 layer ball (Penta being the only choice) tell why you have chosen that particular ball.

My personal fav so far is the Burner TP. I like how durable it is, and know that im getting older and my swing speed is slowing down I seem to get a bit more distance out if it. Not only that but it stands up well to my wedges and I get just enough green side control with it. I have also recently tried the Penta and I must say that It is very durable for a premium ball.

Please leave your thoughts.

Fairways and Greens

I have made the switch to the Taylor Made Penta ball from the ProV1x. I like the feel the Penta provides off of each type of club in the bag.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I play ProV1s currently. I am trying the Callaway Tour i(s). I played callaway balls for years and I have found this i(s) to be perfect off the putter.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

I'm pretty much playing anything that's hit in my yard or I find on the course at the moment. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Fortunately, a lot of hackers play Pro V1s for reasons God only knows as I find a lot of them.

They apparently don't correct shanks or drives that are hit 150 yards right of target. :(

Semper Fi

My Club

I usually switch, The way I play there isn't much of a difference... I usually go with Nike Juice or Bridgestone e6... whatever's cheap...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

330RX when all is well. Wilson Zip or e5+ when it is not (got both for less than $10 a dozen...)

Like the Trispeeds too, but only had one brutal outing with them.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

SRIXON TriSpeeds, 3 piece ball, the best ball I have found so far to help me correct side spin. Just waiting on the yellow versions now!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Z-star tour yellow..... So easy to find

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• 2 weeks later...

nike one platinum, got six dozen for like 100 bucks so lets say it was a steal,

i was playing them before i got a deal on em seems to spin just as much as a pro v but keeps its skirt on longer to, its cover.

i like the sound they make to and feel from the contact i have with em to.

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Still SRIXON, have played the Soft Feels, Trispeeds and have nice Green ones for my next round.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I am currently playing the Szrixon AD333 or the Bridgestone E6. I just bought a box of Taylormade Pentas.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

Depends on the day I'm having

In the groove: Bridgestone 330RX

Typical day: TopFlite Gamer v2

Slicing: Bridgestone E6+

I like to tinker though so I will probably try the new Srixon stuff as well as the new Wilson stuff at some point.

I was cleaning the basement today and found a sleeve of Nike One Black that must have fallen behind my tool box... The course I'm playing tomorrow morning only has a little water, so I can play these without worrying about getting wet...

Move over cheap balls... but stay close, I only have 3 replacements, and the trees usually act like magnets with any ball over $2.00...

EDIT: should have left the balls behind the toolbox... Shanked my drive on the first tee into the woods, and put the other 2 back in my bag...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I was cleaning the basement today and found a sleeve of Nike One Black that must have fallen behind my tool box... The course I'm playing tomorrow morning only has a little water, so I can play these without worrying about getting wet...

Move over cheap balls... but stay close, I only have 3 replacements, and the trees usually act like magnets with any ball over $2.00...

I might have you beat there, I found a whole dozen ProV1's in my basement last week. I'm trying to make them last....

Top Flite Gamer, 3 pieces. Longer than anything else (for me), very adequate spin and feel, and CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

I bought a sleeve of these for $5 last week, played them today, and went to target after my round to buy another dozen... great balls... They feel great off the driver, and the distance was pretty much dead on with the e6 I was using for the first 3 hole before it found the woods... chip shots ran a little, but not too much, and the ball feels great off the putter...

BUT for some reason, I still stand over the ball and see that Top Flight logo, and think I should be hitting something else, but this will be the only ball in my bag for a while...

I think I found my balls... well, you know what I mean... I know where my balls are...

in my wife's purse...

My Bag:
Driver - 

Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I have been playing Titty NXT Tours and Nike One Blacks. But both are almost gone so I decided to try something different. Got a screaming deal on some AAAAA recycled Nike Vapors. I've been wanting to try them and it seemed like a pretty cheap, low risk way to do that. We'll see how they play.

Still love the Srixon Z-Star's but not what they do to my wallet.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived