TESTERS WANTED! ×

2UNDR - High Performance Underwear

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

2UNDR - High Performance Underwear

2undr-review--3box-lf.jpg

Written by: Dan Mann

Men, you will agree, we have a certain set of assets we consider priceless. Thankfully the fine folks at 2UNDR in Vancouver, Canada have realized this and created as they put it; “A penthouse condo for your most valuable assets”, which they dub the Joey Pouch.

We're talking underwear today, high performance athletic underwear, boxer brief style, that's versatile for everyday use. At this point I hope you've figured out what assets we're talking about, if not you can just skip ahead and ogle the pretty pictures...

Utilizing state-of-the-art construction techniques and materials, 2UNDR's team of advanced textile engineers were able to separate your equipment from your body to reduce unwanted skin-on-skin contact. As horrifying as the prior reads you can stop squirming now, your junk will not be surgically removed, it's just an analogy for the fancy crotch hammock you'll get in every pair of 2UNDR.

BUT WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

2undr-review-boxes-swingshift.jpg

Let's get right to it. The big feature to a pair of 2UNDR men's underwear is the JOEY POUCH. It's an actual pouch (picture a kangaroo); you literally take your boys, all three pieces and stuff ‘em in there. I admit at times it's annoying, but once they're all in there you're good.

2undr-review-day-shift.jpg

The NO-DRIP-TIP (heh I see what they did there) is for moisture control. It's a fabric design to wick away excess sweat so things can dry faster. A major advantage to this is it keeps thing very soft, cool and dry for longer periods of time.

2undr-review-drip-tip.jpg

As you can imagine 2UNDR has put a lot of thought and care into all aspects of these underwear. High end fabrics that are resistant to shrinkage, a very ergonomic fly system that functions as air conditioning, intelligently designed stitching to avoid rub zones and a roll resistant band.

ARE THERE DIFFERENT MODELS?

Oh yes, three versions to be precise, but I'll leave the talking to 2UNDr for this section.

SWING SHIFT

2undr-review-swing-shift.jpg

With 2UNDRâ„¢ you can feel it right away, pure heavenly softness. The SWING SHIFTâ„¢ caresses the skin with the finest beechwood fiber in our signature modal fabric. Additionally, the material resists shrinkage, and is less likely to fade or pill as a result of friction. The smoothness of the fabric also rejects hard water deposits, allowing it to stay soft through repeated wash cycles.

Swing Shift is available in 4 color choices: Grey, Black, red and Blue

GEAR SHIFT

2undr-review-gear-shift-label.jpg

The GEAR SHIFTâ„¢ with Coldskinâ„¢ is designed with an athletic cut to give a compression-like feel, and perform with all the quick-dry attributes demanded by today's sport underwear. The GEAR SHIFTâ„¢ is ideal for someone who performs like an Olympian on the field, a Boss in the boardroom, and Don Juan in the bedroom. In other words, the GEAR SHIFTâ„¢ is for any high pressure situation where it is imperative you keep your cool. The material incorporates 100% all natural minerals helping to reduce heat buildup and control bacteria and fungus. This revolutionary fabric is used in the construction of the Joey Pouchâ„¢ while the rest is a smooth 90% Polyester / 10% Spandex blend, all designed for extreme comfort during extreme activity. The Black Tread GEAR SHIFT has been upgraded to a 8.5" inseam length.

Gear Shift is available in 5 color choices: Red Line, Blue Ski, Green Envy, Black Tread and GOLDMEMBER

DAY SHIFT

2undr-review-day-shift-label.jpg

The DAY SHIFTâ„¢ our softest, and best boxer yet. Modal and cotton were made for each other. The result of this partnership is the familiar texture and breathability of cotton, combined with the silkiness of modal. The DAY SHIFTâ„¢ is perfect for the everyday hustle and softens with each wash until nirvana sets in. We've included 2UNDR's greatest hits, a premium 1.25" roll-resistant waistband, signature front fly, flatlock seams, and, of course... the JOEY POUCHâ„¢. Why not slip into something a little more comfortable?

Gear Shift is available in 4 color choices: Merlot Trail, Grey Brick, Van Blue and Mocca Icon.

SO MANN, HOW'S YOUR JUNK FEEL?

2undr-reviewgear-shift-box.jpg

FANFREAKINTASTIC! I looked that word up, I swear.

The three boxer brief models all live up to their billing quite well. As mentioned before there are times when inserting your junk into said pouch can be a minor annoyance. But let's face it, if it means fresher and cleaner for those magic moments we need to be removing the boys I'm all for it. Are you still looking at the pictures?

I know everything's in the right place, I just screamed at my wife: “There's a party in my pants!” Let's face it; things can get into a rather “sticky” situation down there making the pouch a genius idea.

2undr-review-3pair.jpg

All models are far Softer than my usual three for ten dollars boxer briefs from Costco, but trust me you'll know when you put Day Shift on.

Each style is comfortable in a sports environment, but for the cleanest balls in your foursome I'd swing towards Gear Shift. The added compression and cooling factors are definitely a step above its siblings. Gear Shift's Joey Pouch is made from a unique fabric "Coldskin", by a Canadian company called Garmatex. Coldskin has crushed Jade in the fabric, lowering body temperatures by 3 to 6 degrees.Those who've experience chaffing from low hanging shorts seams will appreciate Gear Shift's extra-long legs as well.

2undr-review-joey-pouch-out.jpg

Yes I sound like a fan boy and yes they're twenty five dollars a pair, but let me tell you a little story. I've had 2 sports hernia surgeries in the last five years. Yes that's two too many knives near the nuts experiences any man should ever go through in his life. For me things in the groinal region have become far more tender (your squeamishness is understandable) and less naturally supported since. So as someone who has lived with the pains of hernias I can't praise 2UNDR enough for the Joey Pouch support and their well thought out stitching sequences through the lower abdomen. Simply put, the Joey Pouch is a godsend all males must experience.

THE WRAP

2undr-review-joey-pouch.jpg

So if you're a dude, go try on a pair of 2UNDR now. Maybe try them on right beside the mannequin, like I do. Why wait in line, right?

If you're a woman reading this, and there's a special man in your life, congratulations because men are awesome! Best part: you don't have to wait until Christmas or bedtime to spoil his special parts. Buy him some ball-hugging 2UNDR now, then simply lie back and reap the rewards.

http://2undr.com/us/

2undr-review-swing-shift-full.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I was expecting a few "revealing" photos, so disappointed :(

I'm not, tickets to Vancouver are expensive and I would have had to come there to punish mbp lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

So much low hanging fruit in this article...

On a serious question though.  Are they boxers or boxer briefs?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• SPY VIP

So much low hanging fruit in this article...

On a serious question though.  Are they boxers or boxer briefs?

I edited out so many jokes and thank goodness Brad caught the shrinkage line lol

Boxer briefs with fairly long legs.

I don't mind snapping a pic of them on :)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Goldmember?  Oh I am so buying a pair!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

These look perfect for a vasectomy. Might need to get some this January. #blanks

Ditto after golf season ends.  Will the pouch hold ice?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

One... I can't believe there wasn't more shaft jokes thrown in this review...

Second... Are they full compression shorts or a hybrid underwear compression?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• SPY VIP

One... I can't believe there wasn't more shaft jokes thrown in this review...

Second... Are they full compression shorts or a hybrid underwear compression?

Trust me, the pre-editted first version sounded like it was written by a 14 year old me ;)

Second, I believe it is their take on a compression short, falling into the realm as you say "hybrid" underwear.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

These are the best and most comfortable underwear I have ever owned. Highly recommended.

Is there anywhere else to get these other than Golftown in Ontario? They're charging nearly $30/pair.

Driver - Ping G5 10.5

3W & 5W - Taylormade aeroburner 

Irons - Cobra Amp cell 4-GW 

Wedge - Titleist Volky 60deg

Putter - Odyssey V-7 tank superstoke long grip

I can't imagine that interior pocket is comfortable. 

What's in the Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS2 11.5, Diamana 70 Stiff Flex

FW - Callaway Razr X 3 Wood

Rescue - Taylormade Rocketballz 4 Rescue

Irons - Callaway Apex CF19, Nippon S. Pro 1050 GH, Stiff Flex

Wedges - Titleist Vokey S4 48, 52, 56, and 60

Putter - Odyssey OWorks Marxman

Wearing mine right now -- comfy as can be  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If MGS ever has a drawers testing thread, sign me up !

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

If MGS ever has a drawers testing thread, sign me up !

Lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I've bought a few pair, a d I've gotta say... they are AMAZING!! Anyone else have them yet?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have 10 pair! I got rid of all others!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 10 pair! I got rid of all others!!!

After I got my order I did the same thing lol. All I have left are these and my Tommy John's... which is have to say are pretty darn good as well to be honest!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I recently grabbed a couple of the shorter length ones and that wasn't a good choice when it comes to using them for golf.  Should have gone with the slightly longer version to cover more of my thighs.  That said, these are by far the most comfy undies out there.

They are a great product, and work well to help avoid chafing.  Alternatively, Duluth Trading has "Buck Naked" underwear (boxer/brief style) that, although without the pouch, there is ample room (at least for me) and keeps me in place and also avoids chafing, even after walking 36...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls