TESTERS WANTED! ×

BIG STU Farewell

BIG STU

It was fun on here and I am going to miss you guys but I will not be posting on here anymore. A man has to have integrety and that is what I do in life. This is in protest to what the powers that be on here have done with suspending my friend RP Jacobs. I had a e mail conversation with him last night and I share his opinion on things. Sorry but I have to stand up for what i feel was an injustice to my friend. i am like RP I call it like I see it and if I am wrong i will admit it but I dont think I am wrong in this case

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I am sure this is not what RP would want. He has been in a fight for his life for a few years and that fight has spilled over on to the forums. But this battle, like his other battle, can be neither fought or won by you or us.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I would miss you Big Stu. I've stayed out of this other than to keep RP in my prayers. I will be happy to have him back and to hear from him. I also trust that if RR is saying that Richard wouldn't want you doing this then Richard wouldn't want you doing this.

Of course the decision is yours but you would be missed and it would be a shame if it need dent be the case.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I must have missed something here, but whatever it is, it must have been a really big deal.

However, I would just like to add that since I joined MGS, I have enjoyed reading RP's epistles and miss his insights.

Mulligan?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't know what happened here to have RP banned but I too miss his posts. I see him on FB from time to time but have not spoken to him about it.

I understand your reason for going and will miss your posts as well.

Best of luck.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• SPY VIP

BigStu I always respect yours and others reasons for coming or leaving.  But I have to be brutally honest on this one, if it is because of RP you would be making a mistake.  

MGS is about transparency.  And I am happy to do just that.  I believe that open and honest communication is the key to all relationships.

I kept this to myself and RP simply because it was so childish on his part It was not worth bringing to attention.  But if he is trying to continue to attack MGS by circumventing myself to try and get a not so honest story regarding the accounts of what happened then it might be better for you all to know exactly what happened.

MGS has never banned someone, so the fact that this is the first instance of ANY type of discipline by MGS to a member should make you aware of how bad the issue was.

If you would like to know exactly what happened it is totally up to you, but if the consensus is that, then you will get just that.  This is your forum just as much as it is mine or was RP's and I am happy to share the facts.

#TruthDigest

BigStu I always respect yours and others reasons for coming or leaving.  But I have to be brutally honest on this one, if it is because of RP you would be making a mistake.  

MGS is about transparency.  And I am happy to do just that.  I believe that open and honest communication is the key to all relationships.

I kept this to myself and RP simply because it was so childish on his part It was not worth bringing to attention.  But if he is trying to continue to attack MGS by circumventing myself to try and get a not so honest story regarding the accounts of what happened then it might be better for you all to know exactly what happened.

MGS has never banned someone, so the fact that this is the first instance of ANY type of discipline by MGS to a member should make you aware of how bad the issue was.

If you would like to know exactly what happened it is totally up to you, but if the consensus is that, then you will get just that.  This is your forum just as much as it is mine or was RP's and I am happy to share the facts.

Ok guys I talked to RP yesterday and as Rover said that is the last thing he wanted me to do not post on here anymore. He told me he would not have said anything to me if he knew I would react this way. I have never met RP face to face but I owe him a lot. Through his struggles he inadvertently made me realize I needed to make some life changes having to do with my employement. Basically Me and my wife feel that he may have indirectly saved my life. I consider him a brother and you know how brothers can be if backed into a corner. And Golf spy x is correct RP said it himself it would be a mistake for me to quit participating because of what happened. In fact RP was horrified at what I did and in his nice sweet way jumped my butt. He said if you guys let him back after the suspension he would be glad to come back only if I did. He urgently asked me to forget the whole thing and come back. I told him I would because I really did not want to leave but I felt I had to draw my line in the sand. So I am a man of my word and I promised RP that I would not quit and so I am here. He also told me a whole lot of you guys really liked me and I see you do. Not that I ever doubted it. And he is not the only one I would have stood with there are quite a few on here again that I have never met face to face but would feel correct to stand with. But if you guys will have me back I will be glad to come back and I think I can speak for RP he will be glad too. I may be guilty of one thing sticking to my principles but I am a man of principles. Thanks folks for your patient concerns

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I agree with RR. Stay put and let a clearer head make that decision later.... if it still needs made. You are a wonderful poster and you bring much to the forums.

Yep you and Rover were absolutely correct. I did something I had not done in a while I did blow up. I had really calmed down over the last year or so but I sorta lost it and if you read my previous post I believe you can relate to why. Rev can especially appreciate this I had to pray for forgiveness this morning at church especially for blowing up at this. Oh yeah I am calmed down now and I did as Silver and Black wisely said I calmed down after church and a wonderful breakfast this morning an came back and wrote

G

Like many people here I have tremendous respect for Richard. I will be very happy when he's back. At the same time I have an equal amount of respect for MGS. For me there was no reason X to defend himself or the forum in anyway. I had already considered what he said. I would prefer not to know what it was and frankly once it's over I would want to forget about.

Stu you have nothing to apologize for. You were doing what you thought best in defense of a friend. Had you gone away quietly it would have been a different matter. By bringing it up you've allowed the air to be cleared. I'm sure that I speak for the group in saying we are very happy that you are sticking around.

We need a southeast outing somewhere in Georgia maybe? How about at my kids Base when he gets in?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Like many people here I have tremendous respect for Richard. I will be very happy when he's back. At the same time I have an equal amount of respect for MGS. For me there was no reason X to defend himself or the forum in anyway. I had already considered what he said. I would prefer not to know what it was and frankly once it's over I would want to forget about.

Stu you have nothing to apologize for. You were doing what you thought best in defense of a friend. Had you gone away quietly it would have been a different matter. By bringing it up you've allowed the air to be cleared. I'm sure that I speak for the group in saying we are very happy that you are sticking around.

We need a southeast outing somewhere in Georgia maybe? How about at my kids Base when he gets in?

thanks Rev the outing sounds great!! The main thing with me was I lost my temper which you know what I am talking about can be a "stumbling block" for me. BTW you already probably know you are one of the members that I would have backed up the same way into the same corner with.But everything is cool especially with the man upstairs I don't think he got too mad at me for loosing my temper

G

I appreciate your honesty and your willingless to tell me but I think I will let the sleeping dog lie there where it is. Actually I don't know the whole story and don't want to know

G

• SPY VIP

Well like I said, I prefer transparency and open communication.  RP doing what he is doing (trying to contact other members to express his concerns, which there are numerous members telling me this is exactly what he is doing) only creates virus like symptoms.  

I will not allow a virus to spread.  

We do not have rules on MGS we have moral codes and for a reason. We all have similar morals that we expect to live by and if you can't live by the couple simple ones we have, well then yes, I reserve the right to take action on those that can't follow such simple guidelines.

I am fairly certain once you see the emails and other messages RP sent myself and many others your opinion would change. He doesn't want that, you probably would be shocked to see that and I don't have time for the back and forth of that.  

BUT, I will say this, MGS is something I value to the core of my DNA and I will not have someone threaten those values with complete and utter bullshit. 

I appreciate your honesty and your willingless to tell me but I think I will let the sleeping dog lie there where it is. Actually I don't know the whole story and don't want to know

#TruthDigest

I don't need an explanation and we don't deserve one.  X and the team have never banned anyone, they don't go around willy nilly telling people what they're allowed to say or anything else.  They don't censor us here.  If they determined someone needed banning, regardless of the reasoning, them banning them should be sufficient enough for us.  They don't owe us an explanation, just knowing who they are and how this site is run should explain all we need to know.  If someone was banned or temporarily relieved of their posting duties or whatever happened, there's a reason why that happened.  Good enough for me.  I'm not going to beg you to stay or go either.  This website and these forums are for all of us, and if you continue posting here that'll be a good thing.  If you decide this place isn't right for you either, well, I'll wish you well in life and hope you find something out there that fulfills whatever you need fulfilling.  Godspeed on whatever your decision is.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Well like I said, I prefer transparency and open communication.  RP doing what he is doing (trying to contact other members to express his concerns, which there are numerous members telling me this is exactly what he is doing) only creates virus like symptoms.  

I will not allow a virus to spread.  

We do not have rules on MGS we have moral codes and for a reason. We all have similar morals that we expect to live by and if you can't live by the couple simple ones we have, well then yes, I reserve the right to take action on those that can't follow such simple guidelines.

I am fairly certain once you see the emails and other messages RP sent myself and many others your opinion would change. He doesn't want that, you probably would be shocked to see that and I don't have time for the back and forth of that.  

BUT, I will say this, MGS is something I value to the core of my DNA and I will not have someone threaten those values with complete and utter bullshit.

Actually RP did not contact me on this. I had been out of touch with him and wondered why he was not posting on here. Actually he had not posted a lot on WRX. I was concerned if he had had a relapse or something so I e mailed him. He did not go into specifics or details but told me he had been suspended for 3 months. I sorta over reacted especially since I think you guys and gals know how much I think of RP. But he did the manly thing I think and did not want me to stop on account of him and x came out and offered to tell me what happened if I INSISTED. But I decided to let the sleeping dog lie. And that is what RP wanted me to do. And X I like your values similar to mine period. But in no shape or form did RP solicit me or put me up to what I said and did what I did on my own period

G

This has been the most open and honest group of people from the posters to the mods, I have ever been on. I LOVE RP also, one of best buds here, along with everyone else. I don't want to see anyone leave, I value everyone!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I've not been online much the past few weeks, for a series of reasons unrelated to MGS, so I've been uninformed of the situation with RP but, like many of us here, consider him a dear friend and look forward to his return.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived