Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

It's been a while... but I'm back in the cigars!

GolfSpy Tim

When I first got married (I've only been married once...) I was WAY into cigars - I had a cabinet humidor with probably 500+ cigars ready to go at any moment.

Marriage came along and knocked that passion to the side.

Give it 8 years and knock up the wife and I found the perfect excuse to jump right back in.

I never stopped smoking, but I've smoked a lot less over the years.

I convinced my wife that when I gave her the pecker poisoning I would get a box of cigars (then I decided to apply a similar dollar amount but to loose sticks and combo packs) and now I have a nearly filled humidor once again (this time just a simple desktop humidor though):

photo 1.JPG

Well I see a CAO Brasilia (super favorite), a CAO extreme (best house going right now IMO), some Nubs, some Diesels, some Ghurkas (not a fan), some Reconquistas (ditto), an Obsidian White Noise, a Man O War Virtue, not to mention a couple of Cheap Bastards.

Looks like you jumped back in with both feet!   If you don't already use Cigar.com, let me point you to them.   Good deals on samplers.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Don't smoke anymore (40 years) but I do enjoy riding in the golf cart downwind of a good cigar.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Talk more about Pecker Poisoning...

hahahahaha, what Zinger said......

Looks like you need another Humi.....  good collection of sticks....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

ah boys... the pecker poisoning... how the world changes - or so I'm told. right now I've only seen a heart beat - but I've been told many many times that my life is coming to an end.

I refuse to believe it. but... if that's the case, I see a LOT of cigars in my future

ah boys... the pecker poisoning... how the world changes - or so I'm told. right now I've only seen a heart beat - but I've been told many many times that my life is coming to an end.

I refuse to believe it. but... if that's the case, I see a LOT of cigars in my future

HAHAHAHAHA !!!

I hope you do not like sleep.......

Word of advice, google Mamaroo.  you'll thank me later.......

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

If it's a girl, you'll get no sleep for the next 35 years.

I have a girl and know what you mean Bones......  she just started crawling, you blink and she is accross the room.....

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I have seriously cut back on my cigar purchases.  It seemed a good way to turn a $4-5 a day habit into a $25 per day habit.  Although, I do enjoy a good cigar.

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped in the local Super Handy and noticed amidst the myriad of lottery tickets and Kool-aid flavored cigarettos and Swisher Sweets they had two new packages.  One in Churchill and the other a Robusto.

Gold Strike.JPG

This peaked my interest but assumed they would not be very good so I took a pass.

Last night was the last Thursday before hunting season opens, so we had Beer Camp.  This used to be during the season, but it was determined that if it happened before the season, there would not be near as many guns around less chances of something stupid happening.  Grilled Dove, venison chili, wild smoke boar, and quail topped out the menu along with a beer or two.  Followed by the hard liquor and all night poker.

Having participated in all of the festivities last year, and needing the entire weekend to recover, I opted this year for short visit and the food and 3-4 beers, but I still needed a good cigar, to smoke while standing around the fire.  There were 75-100 men there including politicians since next Tuesday is election day, and lots of fellowship.

I picked up a pack of those cigars, a 3 Churchill pack was $6.  I admit my bar was set pretty low for these.

The only thing that surprised me more was a trailer hitch I took on the shin in the dark.  While I prefer Maduros these are Sumatra covers with a mix of "multi-national" fillers hand made in Nicaragua.  I was expecting some where in the wet paper bag range that would either barely stay lit of burn up quicker than the Wyllie Coyote trying to set fire to the Road Runner.  I expected only half of it to burn.

What I got, was a very nice smooth Sumatra with a good slow burn, and well worth the price.  I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the flavor and the burn and no bitter after taste. 

The funniest thing was I was talking to four guys and one of them asked where I got the cigar.  I pointed at one of the guys and said from him.  The store owner looked shocked.  And I said, well, one of his stores, he has never sold me anything.  He immediately says, "I don't have cigars like that in my stores.  All I have is that flavored crap."  I told him which store and he was pleased.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

If it's a girl, you'll get no sleep for the next 35 years.

Oh come on my 29 year old is someone else's problem at this point.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived