Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Please READ! MyGolfSpy Forum Focus Group Survey

GolfSpy Barbajo

Thanks for looking in on this very important thread!

Our goal with the MyGolfSpy Forums is pretty straightforward...

To become the most influential golf forum on the Internet within 3 years by helping real golfers get the best gear in their bags and the best value for their money while indulging their passion and improving their enjoyment of the game.  Oh, and let's do this while having the legal limit of fun and camaraderie along the way.

To accomplish this goal, it's our aim to create a place for real golfers to visit, learn more about the game and make lasting friendships.

Your forum should be a welcoming, honest and inclusive community; a place where there are no handicap flights, country club snobbery or sandbagging. We want a place that feels like your favorite 19th Hole - where everybody loves golf and wants to lend a helping hand.

To that end, we're asking for your input.  Please take a few moments to consider the following questions and provide us with your feedback because this is, after all, your Forum(please copy & paste the questions in your response - thanks!):

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?

2.         What do you look for in a golf forum?

3.         What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

4.         What do they do well that appeals to you?

5.         What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

6.         What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

7.         In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?

8.         What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

9.         In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

10.         Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

7.         In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?

MGS is great about breaking news concerning new equipment releases. I follow 2 other major sites and all of you seem to break news at the same time. However, it seems the other 2 sites are quicker to do a thorough review of the new club instead of just telling us 'hey, this new driver from x company is the real deal.' If MGS could be quicker on the reviews of clubs in hand and post them on the main page (not buried in a forum), that would help IMO. I don't like waiting a year to see in depth reviews/data on new clubs. Granted, your club test is one of the best in the buisness, but for the rest of the year, actual data posted on new clubs is severely lacking. I know you guys get a sample 6 iron or driver from TM, Nike, Cobra, Ping or Callaway on a club release. Get some initial data out there for us club hoes so we know if we need to take a look at it. I'm a lefty. Demos in lefty are about like Haley's comet. I look for actual data to make informed purchases. I check MGS regularly for club reviews. 

Guys like Rick Shiels in the UK is a perfect example of an initial review with actual numbers for comparison. He posted stuff comparing the RSi 2 iron to the SLDR iron less than a week from the RSi release. Was it as in depth as a club test on MGS? No, but it feeds the interest of golfers and brings them back for more. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?

I love to learn more about the game and equipment.  It's a place to geek out on golf instead of annoying my wife with tales of CG placement and the benefits of installing grips with air :)    

2.         What do you look for in a golf forum?

A welcoming environment where you won't get blasted for asking questions or having an opinion.  New and interesting products in both the mainstream and smaller boutique markets.  A diverse group of people so we can all learn from different opinions

3.         What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

MGS and WRX. 

4.         What do they do well that appeals to you?

WRX mainly due to the classified section and the speed you can get an answer due to the population.  WRX is a resource to get more specific answers and to buy/sell clubs.  MGS is a community you just want to keep coming back to.

5.         What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

Welcoming environment, doesn't feel like a "good ol' boys club", opportunities to participate in testing, diverse group of opinons

6.         What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

It's the best community in golf.  Everyone is very welcoming and information is fantastic.  It's a place to actually interact with other people rather than reading an article on the blog

7.         In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?

Double edged sword here.  The forum would be great if it was more active, sometimes it takes a while to get responses.  However I don't want it to turn into WRX and lose the sense of community. 

8.         What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

The sense of community and welcoming nature of the forum.  Plus there isn't another place I know of where the people running the site participate to such a high degree on the forum.

9.         In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

More member testing of product is a great way.  A lot of great members on here were drawn in with a review opportunity and decided to stick around. (just don't forget about us vets :) )  Also more than one big review per season.  The Most Wanted reviews are fantastic, but I'd love to see more speed reviews of products along with data to back them up.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

1.              Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?
I use golf related blogs to gather info on current events, equipment reviews and participate in general discussions regarding golf related issues.

2.              What do you look for in a golf forum?

Ease of use, friendliness of participants, respect for others and their ideas, accessibility(mobile apps)

3.              What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

My Golfspy, The Sandtrap, Hacker's Paradise, GolfWRX, USGA, Golf.com

4.              What do they do well that appeals to you?

Provide information and allow feedback regarding issues and equipment.

5.              What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

-Courtesy & Respect

-Access speed & Flow of information(Posts are instant)

-Equipment Reviews, both Forum & User reviews

6.              What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

Allows Users to interact, resulting in the sharing of ideas and results(ie:How'd you play today?)

7.              In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?

Provide a mobile app for iPhones & Droids

8.              What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

They are always out front in breaking golf news regardless whether it is good or bad.

9.              In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

-Provide interaction with state associations to become more known

-Get on The Fairways of Life, XM golf radio with Matt Adams. 

10.           Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for. 

-Reach out to Matt Adams for some XM Radio Exposure on the PGA Tour Golf Radio.

-Set up some Forum interviews with Equip Mfgs as new products are introduced. They could be done with Youtube and posted to the Forum.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks for the input gentlemen!  Much appreciated!!   Keep it coming' folks....

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?  Started because the forum was an extension of the blog.  After reading about new equipment or some epistle on the blog, I migrated to the forum to see what people were talking about.

2.         What do you look for in a golf forum?  good characters, knowledge about golf products and situation when playing, and life experiences

3.         What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?   This is the only forum

4.         What do they do well that appeals to you?  N/A

5.         What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?  Same as 2 above

6.         What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?  Gets people together talking about anything that anyone wants to bring up.

7.         In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?  See 9.  While the forum has about a dozen or so consistent posters, MGS needs to find ways to encourage others to participate.

8.         What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?  Honest answers, anupne can have an opinion without fear of getting bashed.

9.         In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?  Difficult to say. People will hang out reading the posts; I did for awhile.  When a newbie does jump in, the "old guys" need to encourage more responses, get them involved.  When a new member posts in Introduce Yourself or posts on a topic, I try to get them to respond again by asking something about them or asking them to elaborate on something they said.  Early on, newbies need to feel like they can contribute and we need to help that along.  They will either get involved or move on, it's up to them.  We can only encourage.

10.         Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for.   I think it's doing that pretty well now!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1. Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?

I enjoy discussions about golf. I've followed the MGS site for about two years. I would check the site almost every day hoping for a new article that I could read. When there wasn't, I was overcome with sadness. This trend continued for about a year. Then, in a quest to satisfy my desparate desire for more information, I found the "forum" link. It was like discovering a new planet. I was excited.

2. What do you look for in a golf forum?

This forum. A forum where not everyone has a 120mph swing speed. A forum where not everyone hits 300 yard drives uphill into a 20mph wind when it's 30 degrees outside. I've only been an active contributor for a week or so but everyone has been extremely helpful and welcoming. I enjoy the non-elitist feel of the forum.

3. What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

This forum.

4. What do they do well that appeals to you?

See all of the above.

5. What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

See all of the above again.

6. What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

Everything. Discussions, contests, polls. I think the forum is laid out nicely.

7. In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?

This is a tough one. I can't think of anything off of the top of my head that the forum itself needs to improve upon. What I would like to see most is more activity. I was the problem. I sat around reading the forum for a year as a guest, never contributing anything. Now I see the error in my ways and wish more people would get involved in the conversations.

8. What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

See #2.

9. In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

Another doozy. Maybe a blog article every once in a while that talks about the forums and shows some of the highlights. Might catch the interest of people that just come to the site for the articles and may not be aware of the forums.

10. Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for.

I think the bottom line is growing the forum and getting more people involved. See #9.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

To get info about new gear, learn about club building more in depth along with new methods, and to learn more about different aspects of the game.

A sense of community and knowledge sharing.

Only others I visit are THP, WRX, Cameron Collector, and PutterTalk

Different things among the different forums. IMO, WRX and THP do a better job rolling out new product as they diversify the writer more often as well as get technical discussion from OEM representatives with their explanation of the technology as opposed to the writer's interpretation of the technology. They also allow/solicit the OEM's reps to become engaged in the forums as well as host chats with the OEM's and members in threads to discuss whatever is on the members minds. Cameron Collector is what it is. WRX and PutterTalk have more boutique manufacturers engaged in discussion with members, how they get them to engage I do not know. But guys like Lumpy from Xenon, Lamont Mann, Tom Slighter, Dave Billings(and I know we have Chris Hoeppner here that engages, but the creator's eye is an important pov for me) from Machine, etc actively post and engage and I enjoy that interaction with manufacturers and boutiques.

Open communication (allowed here more than anywhere else), knowledge among the members, passion for the game among the members.

Allows the members to control the content and do not moderate to keep manufacturers feelings from being hurt.

IMO, I'd love to see more OEM involvement at least as far as new releases are concerned. Diversify the manufacturers and spotlight more of the smaller companies and encourage or ask them to engage the membership more. I'd also like to see the swing gurus/coaches that are or were staffers engage more. They have valuable insight, IMO.

The members being allowed to control the content, basically we have free reign.

9. In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

I hope it doesn't sound like asking for things, but the largest growth was from the Tour Staff contest. I realize all the work that went into it but there were more new members and that contest brought them in. Granted not all stuck around but we got a bunch of quality members as a result. I'd also love to see more opportunities for the members to apply as testers/reviewers. That attracts members, and you'll get some bad apples but you also get a lot of quality members. And yes, I was here for the first giveaway that was supposed to be get items test them and return them to be passed around and some didn't do that. But we gained members then too. As bad as it sounds, free stuff is the quickest way for growth and hopefully quality members are the result.

10. Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for.

Reach out to manufacturers and boutiques. The boutiques should cherish the opportunity to gain exposure for their product. I'd love to see technical discussion with Byron Morgan or with Dave Billings or any of the other long time guys out there where members engage. Those guys always respond to emails or calls and they'll shoot you straight. That kind of niche brings people in.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?  I am mostly interested in clubmaking, building, and repair topics .

3. What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?  Wishon and ICG.

4. What do they do well that appeals to you?  Clubmaking, building and repair topics.  Ideas to promote and improve my clubmaking business.

Irons: Mizuno MP225, Miura PI401.

I think MyGolfSpy is the best golf site on the Internet. You do a great job of testing clubs without bias and you also try to include all companies no matter how big or small. You always seem to have the inside scoop on worthy golf news stories which I like. The Forum is informative and both your testing and the comments from other members has gotten me trying out clubs I may have overlooked before. Keep working hard and keep up the good work. I do like GolfWRX also but, not as much as your site.

Driver  - Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo 10.5 * Miyazaki Kua 5 / R Flex

FW - Sub70 Pro 4 wood 16.5 * Project X HL / R Flex

Irons - Cleveland Launcher CBX 4-PW Miyazaki Kua 6 / R Flex

Wedges - Cleveland Launcher CBX 50* & 54* Rolex Wedge Flex

Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado 35 "

Ball - On Core Elixer

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?

I visit golf forums to see the latest in equipment and what's happening in the golf world. I also like to hear from other people about their experiences, tips, setups, etc.

2.         What do you look for in a golf forum?

I look for a forum where you are respected and not critiqued too much for your views and opinions on golf related matter. I like freedom of speech and the ability to speak your mind, within reason of course.

3.         What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

MyGolfSpy is my favorite forum by far. The only other forum that I view from time to time is GolfWRX but I am not a member. I visit GolfWRX if I need to find something that I can't find on MyGolfSpy or if I just want to see more of something, such as equipment pictures.

4.         What do they do well that appeals to you?

GolfWRX has a higher member count, which equates to more pictures, individual reviews, and other stuff. It is also cool that they have someone to take pictures of professional bag setups and pictures of tour events.

5.         What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

Freedom of speech, a respectful community, updated information such as new reviews

6.         What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

MyGolfSpy has great interaction with its members and offers wonderful opportunities for members to get involved. Plus, the style of moderation is great since it allows members to govern themselves and to have a more free community.

More participation would be good but more and more people are starting to post so this is improving.

8.         What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

As mentioned before, the freedom that members have.

9.         In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

Give more attention to the forum through the blog. Add a simple note encouraging people to join the forum and provide links to forum discussions related to blog articles so people can see what the forum is about.

10.         Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for. 

Grow the forum and get people to participate.

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?

Simply because I do not trust reviews on certain clubs from places like golfsmith when you hear about "paid reviews". I mean, who here is being paid? 

2.         What do you look for in a golf forum?

Lots of info and tonnes of reviews. If I meet or make a few friends along the way, even better!

3.         What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

What, wait there are others? lol Maybe sandtrap, I've got putterzone in my bookmarks and golf wrx to some degree. I don't engage on those sites, mainly to read reviews

4.         What do they do well that appeals to you?

Nothing really. They might just have a review of something that is not here

5.         What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

1 - Reviews / info 2- latest news 3 - people

6.         What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

It seems well taken care of. I think there is a fairly good group of guys that not only give very good opinions, but I don't see any troublemakers or trolls around. 

I really, really want to see "golf's most wanted" in every category. Hybrids, irons, everything possible. Contests are always cool too but Golf's most wanted never fails to impress/ shock me. 

8.         What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

An incredible community. Everyone here seems to get along very well. Can't give enough props to the moderators and the community

9.         In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

I found this place because I was looking into playing golf more seriously and wanted to learn more about what was out there. The "golf's most wanted" tests opened my eyes to some incredible equipment that you might typically not here about. Was looking for reviews on equipment and not "gold/ silver" crap that doesn't give you any numbers.

10.         Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for. 

1 - Golf's most wanted needs to expand in all areas. Hybrids, golf balls, wedges, all need to be tested/ reviewed. I found you this way, I believe that expansion in this area, maybe even uploading videos of the guys testing the equipment, get a few testers to pick out their favs on video,  would be really cool. 

2 - Keep on top of all the latest equipment info/ news/ releases. I believe you guys really excel at this - don't stop. 

3- Maybe some more pga/ lpga/ champions tour news and stuff like that. What the winners had in their bags, maybe some distance stats with certain pros and certain clubs they carry. Would be cool to know how many pros actually carry more hybrids than 2-3 irons and stuff like that.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

1.  Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise?

I visit to get information on new product, product reviews, how-to's, etc.

2.  What do you look for in a golf forum?

un-bias hontesty with product reviews.  MGS has done a pretty good job so far keeping outside influece at bay.

3.  What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise?

I really do not have a "favorite" I visit WRX, Tour Spec, PIG, THP and of course MGS.  

4.  What do they do well that appeals to you?

Golf related questions get answered fairly quickly by some pretty sharp guys and gals.  "They" all do something different that appeals to me.

5.  What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum?

Not allowing Manufacturers influence product reviews,  Membership, up to date product information, and a fun to be in environment.

6.  What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well?

They keep Marketing from golf Manufacturers at a minimum and they engauge the membership to participate in product reviews.

7.  In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve?

It would be cool if they would sponsor regional MGS meet ups (e.g. MGS Texas open)  Meet-ups have to be enough to fill 3 teetimes or more,  maybe a special edition MGS poker chip, golf towel, etc.....

8.  What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums?

Some of the other forums have members brain washed with TOUR ISSUED, where a blade is forged, etc. garbage,  You dont get that type of hype at MGS.

9.  In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members?

hahahahaha!!  the new MODS sure have one hell of a job ahead of them, thats a tough one.

See #9

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

1. To keep up with equipment advances and reviews,  and to buy/sell/trade in the classifieds...

2. A wide variety of content to cover all golfers interest and a place to feel welcome.

3. MGS is the only forum I really participate in.  I use Golf WRX heavily for the classifieds because I enjoy swapping clubs but seldom navigate the site other than the "Tour/Pre Release" and "Wanted to Buy".  I also sporadically check Hacker's Paradise classifieds as well as PutterTalk.  I'm not super active though.

4.  I like the way MGS approaches everything.  The only thing I prefer WRX for is the Classifieds.

5. Feeling welcome, fairness on the forum, ease of navigation

6.  MGS forum is a more welcome community than the other forums.  I also think the reviews are more in depth providing data rather than just opinion.

7. BEEF UP THE BUY/SELL/TRADE forum.  Golf WRX also has a ton of giveaways that are randomized,  that is pretty neat and I think it increases their traffic.

8.  Forum members are respectful of each other 99.99% of the time,  I hope that never changes.

9.  Randomized giveaways for registered members is a sure way to get people to sign up.  I never expected to win anything but I won a driver a few years ago from wrx on a giveaway.

10.  Keep the course you are on but always be willing to listen and be open to the members for suggestions. 

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Thanks for looking in on this very important thread!

Our goal with the MyGolfSpy Forums is pretty straightforward...

To become the most influential golf forum on the Internet within 3 years by helping real golfers get the best gear in their bags and the best value for their money while indulging their passion and improving their enjoyment of the game.  Oh, and let's do this while having the legal limit of fun and camaraderie along the way.

To accomplish this goal, it's our aim to create a place for real golfers to visit, learn more about the game and make lasting friendships.

Your forum should be a welcoming, honest and inclusive community; a place where there are no handicap flights, country club snobbery or sandbagging. We want a place that feels like your favorite 19th Hole - where everybody loves golf and wants to lend a helping hand.

To that end, we're asking for your input.  Please take a few moments to consider the following questions and provide us with your feedback because this is, after all, your Forum(please copy & paste the questions in your response - thanks!):

1.         Why do you visit online forums in general, golf-related or otherwise? to learn more

2.         What do you look for in a golf forum? swing instruction

3.         What are some of your favorite forums, golf-related or otherwise? wrx, mgs

4.         What do they do well that appeals to you? swing instruction which is a weak area for this site. There are few people participating.

5.         What 3 or 4 items are most important to you in a golf forum? usability of the site, timely product reviews

6.         What do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum (separate from the blog) does well? product reviews

7.         In what areas do you think the MyGolfSpy Forum can improve? swing tips, attract pros and better players to the site

8.         What do you think differentiates the MyGolfSpy Forum from other golf forums? product reviews

9.         In what ways do you think the MyGolfSpy forum can recruit new members and better involve existing members? not sure

10.         Please list a few suggestions that you think would help the MyGolfSpy Forums fulfil the goals stated above, as well as deliver the type of Forum you're looking for.  not sure

Want to bump this up again -- please give page 1 a read and share your opinions.  Thanks!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Read/share opinions on equipment. Keep up with what's new in equipment, training products and accessories.

An open diverse group of people. Been to a few forums that are dominated by the "experts" who basically try to stomp out any newbies. Like variety of topics, on equipment, training aids/devices and accessories.

MSG is by far my favorite. Occasionally visit WRX and sandtrap.

Not much, that's why I keep coming to MSG.

Knowledgable participants, diverse topics and update to date responsess.

Good participants, diverse topics. The folks who run the forum participate and provide data to support conclusions.

Nothing comes to mind. This is probably not the place for it, but would like to see a place where folks post opinions about golf courses they play. I travel alot and would like to read/share opinions on courses I've visited or would like to visit.

The level of knowledge the folks who run the forum have is impressive. The great group of participants who visit the MSG forums.

Don't have any great ideas, posting address in some other forums might help.

More reviews, increase in training aids and accessories.

Read/share opinions on equipment. Keep up with what's new in equipment, training products and accessories.

An open diverse group of people. Been to a few forums that are dominated by the "experts" who basically try to stomp out any newbies. Like variety of topics, on equipment, training aids/devices and accessories.

MSG is by far my favorite. Occasionally visit WRX and sandtrap.

Not much, that's why I keep coming to MSG.

Knowledgable participants, diverse topics and update to date responsess.

Good participants, diverse topics. The folks who run the forum participate and provide data to support conclusions.

Nothing comes to mind. This is probably not the place for it, but would like to see a place where folks post opinions about golf courses they play. I travel alot and would like to read/share opinions on courses I've visited or would like to visit.

The level of knowledge the folks who run the forum have is impressive. The great group of participants who visit the MSG forums.

Don't have any great ideas, posting address in some other forums might help.

More reviews, increase in training aids and accessories.

Welcome imgolfing4! Great post! You sound like me a year ago, and you landed here on the best golf forum! I'm happy to see first timers responding to this post. I particularly like #7. I think we have a forum for courses people visit, but maybe we could come up with some criteria for people to use when visiting a course and reporting back. If you are planning a trip somewhere, you can always post a question about the area, and I'm sure you will get responses. Spys are all over and travel quite a bit too.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thank you for the input gang!  Please keep it coming!!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

To learn and hopefully share some things I've picked up along the way. Also, I've had the opportunity to meet and play golf with people I have met online as well as gone for lunch etc.

Transparency. A friendly attitude and that would include the owners and moderators. Educational and willingness to help from all involved and especially the membership. Have an understanding that “all of us” have a diverse background and we should all be mindful of it and use it to all of our advantage. Life is short and petty arguments are not my style or a scenario I am interested in being involved in.

PutterTalk.

Boutique putter scene and I am a rep/moderator for a friend of mine there so I certainly have an interest there and am personal friends with the designers there.

Transparency, educational, boutique putter scene and prototype items.

Transparency, friendly attitude of all involved, like the spy pictures and related stories.

More into golf fashion, more into the boutique putter scene and more of the prototype equipment.

Attitude of all involved. Even if some members are young men or women, here they act like adults.

Start doing more social media. For the second part of this question: I believe you will find the answer(s) from the people who reply to your overall questions.

Educational, boutique putter scene and prototype items.

Wanna give this a bump.

Please mak sure to copy & paste the questions from Page 1.

Thanks again for your input...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

This is really the only golf related forum I regularly follow, or participate in, anymore.  As almost everyone else has said, MGS equipment reviews are the ones I trust the most and no other forum has the sense of community provided in these forums.

While others have made some very good recommendations for making MGS even better, it's still the "Gold Standard," as far as I'm concerned.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived