Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Afraid to play new balls

GolfSpy Tim

Pics of him stepping on the rake or the T shirt? :)

I'll settle for either lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Never fear Tim, I have the answer to your problem.

Just send me your brand new-in-the-box ProV1's and I'll return you a nicely scuffed, previous generation replacement for each one you send.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Pictures or it didn't happen!

I'll take one tonight when I get home.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Pics of him stepping on the rake or the T shirt? :)

Thanks for the support Stu!!

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks for the support Stu!!

In other words with friends like me who needs enemies?? :)

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Wife cleaned out my t-shirts a few months ago and guess what's missing...damn her.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Wife cleaned out my t-shirts a few months ago and guess what's missing...damn her.

Well buddy in that case the picture of the actual stepping on the rake will suffice. If you don't have that an re enactment picture will suffice. OHHH I know cool it Stu :)

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

OHHH I know cool it Stu :)

Exactly right!  :lol:

In the bag:

Bag: 

I find so many top grade balls that I almost never have to buy them.  As a result I also never think twice about using them on water holes or OB holes, etc.  When I find balls I grade them.  The worst go into my "hit away" collection.  I hit them away before a round when I can do so instead of buying a "bucket" of range balls.

The next best grade goes into my practice bag.  I use them wherever I can practice, pick them up, hit them again.  When they get worn they go into the hit away bag.

Of course the final grade includes all the balls I play with.  I keep more of the brands I like most on hand.  But otherwise this allows me to play with top grade balls I might not otherwise try.  For example, this week I played with six very near new 2014 Nike top grade balls.  I played well and liked them much more than I could have guessed based on the result I got from Nike balls in years past.

I am just lucky to play a course where balls are easily lost.  And, as an old caddie, I know where to look!  Where?  Everywhere!  :)  Scott

Welcome, WScott.  Isn't it amazing how many premium balls you can find in a single round?  My last round I found 3 "grade A" Pro V1s; they weren't even hard to find, one was just sitting down a little in the first cut.  I think a lot of lost balls have to do with ego.........guys that hit it 260 and start looking in the 300yd range, then give up and drop one.

I was playing Bethpage Yellow early this spring (a weekday morning), and the crews were clearing the leaves, underbrush, and grass between fairways and uncovering all of the previous season's escapees, shall we say.  I must have picked up 3 dozen "perfect" ProV's and left dozens more behind.  I was good for the rest of the season...

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I find so many top grade balls that I almost never have to buy them.  As a result I also never think twice about using them on water holes or OB holes, etc.  When I find balls I grade them.  The worst go into my "hit away" collection.  I hit them away before a round when I can do so instead of buying a "bucket" of range balls.

The next best grade goes into my practice bag.  I use them wherever I can practice, pick them up, hit them again.  When they get worn they go into the hit away bag.

Of course the final grade includes all the balls I play with.  I keep more of the brands I like most on hand.  But otherwise this allows me to play with top grade balls I might not otherwise try.  For example, this week I played with six very near new 2014 Nike top grade balls.  I played well and liked them much more than I could have guessed based on the result I got from Nike balls in years past.

I am just lucky to play a course where balls are easily lost.  And, as an old caddie, I know where to look!  Where?  Everywhere!   :)  Scott

Welcome Scott! Glad you joined us.

You summed up my process for used balls, although I tend to only keep the brand I currently play for practice.  

I have one problem though.  When I first started playing, I found lots of balls when I was looking for mine; buckets of them!  Now that I am always in the fairway, I don't find that many.   :lol:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived