TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fourteen Golf JC-909 Driver - ULTIMATE REVIEW!

GolfSpy_X

I had this driver to try as well when it was still a Tour issue club with also a then Tour issue only EV7. Sometime in the last quarter of 2008.

I am a big Fourteen fan but I am thoroughly underwhelmed by the drivers. The 4-5 rounds I had with the 909 did nothing to change my views of their driver offerings.

The guy who had it next changed the shaft, I tried it and was still unimpressed.

I really wanted to like it because I was playing TB1000s and MT28 V3s then just to get to "12 out of Fourteen"

Another great review. Definitely nice to see some coverage of golf brands other than TM, Cally, etc. Hard to believe that anyone would try to charge $700 for a driver, though. I was pretty shocked when I saw the $600 sticker on the SuperDeep the other day, and that comes with a premium shaft and lots of hype (and it will be cheaper very soon). At $700, they better hope there are lots of discerning golfers out there.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Another great review. Definitely nice to see some coverage of golf brands other than TM, Cally, etc. Hard to believe that anyone would try to charge $700 for a driver, though. I was pretty shocked when I saw the $600 sticker on the SuperDeep the other day, and that comes with a premium shaft and lots of hype (and it will be cheaper very soon). At $700, they better hope there are lots of discerning golfers out there.

Kudos for another great review. Is it just me or did anyone else react after reading the three driver reviews to date ask themselves why in the hell would I EVER consider this driver for $700 versus the DSL and Fast 10? The issue is not the $700. My plan is to spend less on the driver and use the saved money for instruction.

Archived