Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Social Media Fixed My Swing

• SPY VIP

I went through a pretty major swing overhaul in April and quickly discovered how easily it can go awry. As of September I've finally been consistently hitting it how I want too. Playing a recent round I struggled over half my shots, but thanks to the world of social media I was quick to straighten it out.

You can rack your brain over the old "what am I doing wrong?", but with modern camera phones everywhere there's no excuse NOT to identify your problems.

So here's my tip - When you're struggling get a buddy to randomly shoot a video when you don't know he is so you're not thinking about that swing. Then if you need help post em here for review after after even.

Here's what I went through:

In the infamous creeper video I noticed my head moving way off the ball during takeaway getting me back into my slide & flip on the downswing.

I was then able to take this knowledge to the range and my wife even captured a drill on Instagram

By the end of the practice session I'm fixed and able to capture a good swing for future reference

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

So, what you're saying is - the creepy guy fixed your swing  :D  

He's probably a swing-ninja. Travelling around the world to make people film their swing and find faults. 

Pretty cool way to do it now in the modern electronic age. I know my friend and I grew up playing golf together and know each others swings like a book. One of us can take a look at each others swings and immediately spot a problem. Of course both of us have gotten older and the swings have shortened a lot but basically the same for 40 plus years

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that you have a very "Strong Grip"....at address, the "V" made by your right thumb and Index finger is pointing away from your head. A normal grip will put both "V's" pointing toward your chin.  The Strong grip causes you to roll your right hand over more as you swing through the ball, causing a pull to the left.  Is this what you want?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived