Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy MBP

Social Media Fixed My Swing

I went through a pretty major swing overhaul in April and quickly discovered how easily it can go awry. As of September I've finally been consistently hitting it how I want too. Playing a recent round I struggled over half my shots, but thanks to the world of social media I was quick to straighten it out.

You can rack your brain over the old "what am I doing wrong?", but with modern camera phones everywhere there's no excuse NOT to identify your problems.

So here's my tip - When you're struggling get a buddy to randomly shoot a video when you don't know he is so you're not thinking about that swing. Then if you need help post em here for review after after even.

Here's what I went through:

In the infamous creeper video I noticed my head moving way off the ball during takeaway getting me back into my slide & flip on the downswing.

I was then able to take this knowledge to the range and my wife even captured a drill on Instagram

By the end of the practice session I'm fixed and able to capture a good swing for future reference

• Like 2

So, what you're saying is - the creepy guy fixed your swing  :D  

He's probably a swing-ninja. Travelling around the world to make people film their swing and find faults. 

• Like 3

So, what you're saying is - the creepy guy fixed your swing  :D

He's probably a swing-ninja. Travelling around the world to make people film their swing and find faults. 

I loving the LIKE button now

• Like 1

See Social media! Hey man in the red shirt in the middle drill video -

GET OFF YOUR BACK FOOT!

GET OFF YOUR BACK FOOT!

Hey!  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Hey!  Thanks for the tip!

LOL no problem

Also noticing my hoody drawstrings are uneven... I'm a mess.

GET OFF YOUR BACK FOOT!

Pay it forward :)

Pretty cool way to do it now in the modern electronic age. I know my friend and I grew up playing golf together and know each others swings like a book. One of us can take a look at each others swings and immediately spot a problem. Of course both of us have gotten older and the swings have shortened a lot but basically the same for 40 plus years

I noticed that you have a very "Strong Grip"....at address, the "V" made by your right thumb and Index finger is pointing away from your head. A normal grip will put both "V's" pointing toward your chin.  The Strong grip causes you to roll your right hand over more as you swing through the ball, causing a pull to the left.  Is this what you want?