RookieBlue7

Vaporizers

Our Sponsors

Not sure if this should go here or if it should go in the cigar section. Regardless, I'm gonna post it here and if it needs moved, put it where it belongs please.

Anyway, does anyone here use vaporizers (electronic cigarettes)? I'm thinking about trying them not for the smoking aspect but for the nicotine aspect. Why? From everything I've read it's a safer alternative to other nicotine products. And the reason I'm looking? I'm trying to find something to ween myself off of smokeless tobacco.

So has anyone tried it or doing it? If so are you using it to quit another nicotine habit? Any dippers moved to vaping?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I have a vaporizer and really enjoy it. I've also been weening myself off smoking and for me its been a big help. The flavors of e-juices you can get make it much more enjoyable than tobacco, at least for me it does.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I have a lot of friends using it and it has helped them off of smoking (not sure about chewing tobacco). Like anything it's about breaking a habit. Long term effects are unknown because they are still determining.

Btw, up here in Vancouver the term "dippers" is pretty racist lmao (I know it wasn't used in that context but just an FYI) 😉

My wife uses one and I take drags off of it periodically when I get stressed. I think they're pretty awesome. I've never really been a regular tobacco user though other than cigars and the occasional dip.

Someone I knew had a strong dipping habit and tried E-Cigs, then moved away from them because he liked dipping more, although I don't think he was trying to quit smokeless tobacco in the first place. I think if you truly want to quit smokeless tobacco then the nicotine from E-Cigs could be a good option. E-Cigs have their own pitfalls, but it can lead you away from the dip then you can taper off from the E-Cigs, if you choose to. Dipping is a hard habit to kick, I've never done it but I know plenty of people who have. 

I've been using an e-cigarette for about the last 6 months and have noticed that I can actually breathe deeply again.

Favourite flavour is Cappuccino @ 18mg and I'll be slowly weening myself off down in nicotine dosage until I quit completely.

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Best of luck.  I quit my two tin a day habit in my early 20's and it was the hardest darn thing I have ever tried to quit.  The nicotine will help a bit and I have a few buddies that used the patch to get over the withdrawal as well as the non-tobacco dip to get over the psychological side.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I have been dipping and/or chewing for darn near 45 years. I started chewing when I was a kid being around my Grandfather. I have had a couple of doctors tell me that dipping and chewing are harder to quit because we get more of a nicotine charge than a smoker. I tried some kind of a pill one time and I was so ill natured all the time my wife could not stand it. Now I will tell you stress can lead you to consume more just like a smoker. I never realized it but when I was in the towing business I went through a can and a half a day. Now since I took this other job I only do about 3 cans a work week (5 days) I used to buy a 5 can roll on Monday and buy another 5 can roll on Friday. Now I noticed without trying that A 5 can roll lasts me throughout the weekend now. I don't know what to tell you but I can encourage you and if you find a way to quit please tell me

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

my brother used the vape pens with big success.  was smoking a pack a day, now nothing (except the e-cigs).

"Call me Broda.  Instead of being little and green, I wear suits and I'm awesome."

- Barney Stinson

Doesn't bug me that this isn't in cigars, but I would love to see a full-blown discussion on e-cigars.

Here in California vape pens are a sure sign of weed nearby

Doesn't bug me that this isn't in cigars, but I would love to see a full-blown discussion on e-cigars.

Here in California vape pens are a sure sign of weed nearby

Did they leagalize it in CA? I know they made it legal in Colorado

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

well, it's legal for medical.

If you go online you can get your medical card... headaches, back aches, body aches, and TONS of other reasons to validate your need.

just register, pay the fee and you're now a patient using weed to treat.

supposedly in some parts of the state law enforcement doesn't agree, but for the most part, people in Ca smoke without being bothered. no one really cares (ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea)

For argument's sake, weed is safer than tobacco and alcohol both. More deaths are attributed to both individually than weed every year. You can't be physically addicted to it. And there are exactly zero overdoses per year from weed.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I went from 3/4 a pack a day to just using an e-cig. Have been on it for almost six months with no cigarettes.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

For argument's sake, weed is safer than tobacco and alcohol both. More deaths are attributed to both individually than weed every year. You can't be physically addicted to it. And there are exactly zero overdoses per year from weed.

Good valid point!

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

I have a lot of friends using it and it has helped them off of smoking (not sure about chewing tobacco). Like anything it's about breaking a habit. Long term effects are unknown because they are still determining.

Btw, up here in Vancouver the term "dippers" is pretty racist lmao (I know it wasn't used in that context but just an FYI)

Is it being a racist term just in BC or all of Canada? The reason I bring that up is because down south we use that term all the time for tobacco dippers and this time of the year we do have a lot of Canadian visitors and I do not want to slip up and offend anyone

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

Ive had a set of White Cloud e-Cigs for a few years now, bought it so I could smoke in the office when the weather was crappy.  I still carry it with me whenever I travel, for when I have layovers in airports or attend events that have smoking bans.  It's a good substitute for a cigarette, but I didn't purchase it with the intention to stop smoking, although I know a lot of folks that have successfully kicked the habit using them.

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite